Dak's Final Chance At Cowboy Immortality

McMicah

Reaction score
It will not be about his performance this year, but whoever the next HC (likely Belichek) selects as Offensive Coordinator.

Any predictions about who that OC could be?

Dak is playing in an offense that plays more to his strengths as a passer (west coast slants, comebacks, seams), but the design of it is stale and stagnant. Dak has had everything change around him, sometimes 2 or 3 times to no avail. ‘Texas Coast’ has been a fun fling, but it hasn’t unlocked a legitimately better version of Dak. No change has since his rookie season.

I predict we don’t make the playoffs this year, and the HC job turns to someone new. The last shot that Dak has to take a step and get the Cowboys over a hump will have to be that next OC.

It’s easy to step back and say he won’t get better, but since he’s not going anywhere, all we can do is hope there’s a QB whisperer out in the universe that can level Dak to his final form and take this team all the way. Might as well argue about who that should and shouldn’t be

McMicah

Reaction score
It wont matter. He's just not "that guy" when the pressure turns up in the playoffs. No Qb has had more opportunities to change the narrative on their career than him.
Sadly in my heart I agree with this, but since I have no other choice, this last change is all I have to grasp onto.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Everyone trying to paint Dak as this gunslinging pocket passer Joe Montana duplicate needs to reevaluate things.

Dak was at his “best” when he was a slow dual threat. Something of a poor man’s Josh Allen. Remember when he did that flip into the end zone during the Seahawks playoff game years and years back? That is the type of play we need. Physical, mobile when needed, and passing when called for. But he is none of those things now. Ever since he had his big injury, he’s had a major mind block. And he’s never been the same. It’s truly a tragedy what could have been. He’s never been a great QB but he had that element to him that elevated him from Dollar tree
Manager to Family dollar manager. Now he’s neither.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It will not be about his performance this year, but whoever the next HC (likely Belichek) selects as Offensive Coordinator.

Dak is playing in an offense that plays more to his strengths as a passer (west coast slants, comebacks, seams), but the design of it is stale and stagnant. Dak has had everything change around him, sometimes 2 or 3 times to no avail. ‘Texas Coast’ has been a fun fling, but it hasn’t unlocked a legitimately better version of Dak. No change has since his rookie season.

I predict we don’t make the playoffs this year, and the HC job turns to someone new. The last shot that Dak has to take a step and get the Cowboys over a hump will have to be that next OC.

It’s easy to step back and say he won’t get better, but since he’s not going anywhere, all we can do is hope there’s a QB whisperer out in the universe that can level Dak to his final form and take this team all the way. Might as well argue about who that should and shouldn’t be
Dak’s succeeded in every offense he’s played in where the hell have you been? Oh, worshiping your “I hate Dak” voodoo doll?

nobody

Reaction score
Everyone trying to paint Dak as this gunslinging pocket passer Joe Montana duplicate needs to reevaluate things.

Dak was at his “best” when he was a slow dual threat. Something of a poor man’s Josh Allen. Remember when he did that flip into the end zone during the Seahawks playoff game years and years back? That is the type of play we need. Physical, mobile when needed, and passing when called for. But he is none of those things now. Ever since he had his big injury, he’s had a major mind block. And he’s never been the same. It’s truly a tragedy what could have been. He’s never been a great QB but he had that element to him that elevated him from Dollar tree
Manager to Family dollar manager. Now he’s neither.
I agree that the ankle injury is what mentally broke him.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I DON'T CARE if we get a moderator on here to be the coach, as long as he gets rid of the offensive playbook!!!!!

Stardog

Reaction score
Sure would be nice for him to extend a play or get a big run with his legs. We were best when he could do this. So far this season he’s looked like Bledsoe without the cannon.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

Did you ever find a weakness in the Dallas Cowboys roster?

plasticman

Reaction score
The qualifications to be a Cowboys HC is what prevents them from winning

They have to accept Jerry's utter destruction of their coaching philosophy while being stripped of all authority to make the necessary decisions for creating the culture that builds a championship team.