Dak's Final Chance At Cowboy Immortality

Cmac

Reaction score
It wont matter. He's just not "that guy" when the pressure turns up in the playoffs. No Qb has had more opportunities to change the narrative on their career than him.
You forgetting TRomo? We've been through this before......it is not new.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It wont matter. He's just not "that guy" when the pressure turns up in the playoffs. No Qb has had more opportunities to change the narrative on their career than him.
Yep. Dak is what he is, and why it was the dumbest contract in sports history that Jerry gave him.

Dak will be in the group of former Cowboys QBs like Romo, Hutchison, Henson, Carter, White, Pelleur, etc who were just spares that led the team to nowhere.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. Dak is what he is, and why it was the dumbest contract in sports history that Jerry gave him.

Dak will be in the group of former Cowboys QBs like Romo, Hutchison, Henson, Carter, White, Pelleur, etc who were just spares that led the team to nowhere.
Danny White is looking like a highly accomplished QB compared to Romo and Dak. Danny lead the team to 3 consecutive NFC title games. He was a victim of "the catch", or he's in the super bowl.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Danny White is looking like a highly accomplished QB compared to Romo and Dak. Danny lead the team to 3 consecutive NFC title games. He was a victim of "the catch", or he's in the super bowl.
The TEAMS Danny White played with were waaaay much better than Dak's teams.

McMicah

Reaction score

Dak hurts more than those names though, because of what he’s been built up to be by the FO. Romo never had teams this good. If he had stayed healthy in 2016, I truly believe we would’ve won it all. The rest of those names were just bad players.

I just want us to pick one early round qb, and see what happens, because Dak ultimately plays like a 4th round qb at times.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, who’s fault? Was it his rookie season. I remember the cornerback couldn’t get deep enough and Aaron Rodgers connects. I remember Elliot fumbling the ball on the goal line. I remember the Rams running for how many yards, lol yeah it’s his fault. Poor Prescott.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It will not be about his performance this year, but whoever the next HC (likely Belichek) selects as Offensive Coordinator.

Any predictions about who that OC could be?

Dak is playing in an offense that plays more to his strengths as a passer (west coast slants, comebacks, seams), but the design of it is stale and stagnant. Dak has had everything change around him, sometimes 2 or 3 times to no avail. ‘Texas Coast’ has been a fun fling, but it hasn’t unlocked a legitimately better version of Dak. No change has since his rookie season.

I predict we don’t make the playoffs this year, and the HC job turns to someone new. The last shot that Dak has to take a step and get the Cowboys over a hump will have to be that next OC.

It’s easy to step back and say he won’t get better, but since he’s not going anywhere, all we can do is hope there’s a QB whisperer out in the universe that can level Dak to his final form and take this team all the way. Might as well argue about who that should and shouldn’t be
Final chance, didn’t sign a four-year contract

ClintDagger

Reaction score
The offense is archaic and basic because that’s all that Dak can do. He couldn’t run a Shanahan / LaFleur / Johnson / McVay system. It’s why Big Mike was the hire to begin with. That’s what he ran in GB.

As far as the next HC, everyone is enamored with BB but keep your eye on Lincoln Riley. Jerry loved him and he’s kind of shaky at USC so far (although a little better this year thus far).

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The offense is archaic and basic because that’s all that Dak can do. He couldn’t run a Shanahan / LaFleur / Johnson / McVay system. It’s why Big Mike was the hire to begin with. That’s what he ran in GB.

As far as the next HC, everyone is enamored with BB but keep your eye on Lincoln Riley. Jerry loved him and he’s kind of shaky at USC so far (although a little better this year thus far).
Yeah, Prescott is the one running the receiving routes. LMAO.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The thought of Belecheck bringing a Josh Daniels as OC with him is horrible . Anyone watch the Lions roast Seahawk on the bar bq grill this weekend ( Mon night ) . Hire Ben Johnson as your HC stop bringing old coaches out of mothballs Jerry .

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Yeah, Prescott is the one running the receiving routes. LMAO.
The receivers are running those specific routes for a reason. The WRs are being handicapped and asked to get separation without using the modern schemes & approaches that today’s elite offenses use for a reason. Go watch the All-22 of Dallas & NYJ and then go watch the elite offenses.

Brax

Reaction score
Dak’s succeeded in every offense he’s played in where the hell have you been? Oh, worshiping your “I hate Dak” voodoo doll?
Define successful, almost records, almost mvp, almost spiked the ball, almost won against a better team, almost didn’t throw the int’s, almost a leader, now I know Daks successful at “almost” Don’t worry he will get better. I enjoy watching your road graders thanks for another entertaining post.

Slick

Reaction score
Dak’s succeeded in every offense he’s played in where the hell have you been? Oh, worshiping your “I hate Dak” voodoo doll?
Just stop. Success means post season wins. He’s been playing long enough that there is no more upside with him. He’s not a rookie. We know who he is.

Jerry screwed the foreseeable future of the franchise, for years to come with this contract.

Until the FO realizes that defense wins Super Bowls, nothing will change. No one has won one without a top defense, but there have been a few won with even backup QBs. End of story.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
It will not be about his performance this year, but whoever the next HC (likely Belichek) selects as Offensive Coordinator.

Any predictions about who that OC could be?

Dak is playing in an offense that plays more to his strengths as a passer (west coast slants, comebacks, seams), but the design of it is stale and stagnant. Dak has had everything change around him, sometimes 2 or 3 times to no avail. ‘Texas Coast’ has been a fun fling, but it hasn’t unlocked a legitimately better version of Dak. No change has since his rookie season.

I predict we don’t make the playoffs this year, and the HC job turns to someone new. The last shot that Dak has to take a step and get the Cowboys over a hump will have to be that next OC.

It’s easy to step back and say he won’t get better, but since he’s not going anywhere, all we can do is hope there’s a QB whisperer out in the universe that can level Dak to his final form and take this team all the way. Might as well argue about who that should and shouldn’t be
Dak's success cannot be evaluated in a vacuum. A weak O-line and no run game would make any QB struggle. Not saying you're saying this, but so many 'fans' here want to lay every loss at Dak's feet and even complain when we don't win by what they consider enough points. For example, Dak had the 2nd or 3rd highest RTG last week and a QBR of ~73, so he did his job. They were only favored by 5.5 and the FG miss kept them from covering. To hear some posters here, the Cowboys were supposed to win by 20+. That's just not how the NFL works. Our current O/U for total wins is 9.5 games, which will probably not be enough to secure a playoff spot. Still, the Eagles and Cowboys are about even at this point to win the division, so I guess we'll see. Our already porous defense is in a heap of trouble, though. If we let teams score 30+, wins are going to be hard to come by.