Dak's Final Season Numbers

HungryLion

Reaction score
Lmao. You can't say anything positive. First, Prescott should have been sacked but avoided it and on the run tossed a good pass. That wasn't the route. After the play broke done he anticipated beasely breaking.

It wasn't a perfect pass as much as it was a great catch, but still a very good improvisation.

It’s impossible to argue.

Anytime Erod “breaks down a play” he is incapable of seeing anything positive Dak had to do with it. His perspective is so skewed toward disliking Dak that I really think his brain is unable to interpret what it sees as anything good being done by Dak.

It’s really quite fascinating, but impossible to argue with.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That’s like saying Lamar Jackson is a good QB because he’s a good runner, yeah ok.

No, it’s really not like saying that at all.

A TD scored is a TD scored though. Dak’s threat to run is one of the attributes that he brings to the team and that helps the team win.

Not accounting for it, is just nonsense.

If you want to argue that you want a QB who throws for more than 22 TD’s. It’s a fair thing to argue. Arguing that rushing TD’s don’t count to the evaluation of a QB who consistently rushes for TD’s. Well, that’s a dumb argument.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

A TD scored is a TD scored though. Dak’s threat to run is one of the attributes that he brings to the team and that helps the team win.

If you want to argue that you want a QB who throws for more than 22 TD’s. It’s a fair thing to argue. Arguing that rushing TD’s don’t count to the evaluation of a QB who consistently rushes for TD’s. Well, that’s a dumb argument.
Prescott has the same amount of rushing TDs as the Elliott.

rags747

Reaction score

Having an issue with his rushing td’s would be a pretty slow response. When I look at a Qb I look at how many td’s he threw as that is usually what a qb is graded on. Obviously a running threat is an added bonus but the main qb responsibility in my mind is throwing td’s. 22 td’s through the air is far from fantastic from a qb, yes 6 on the ground is a nice offset but A Qb is usually judged mainly on his arm which I’m sure u would agree.

erod

Reaction score
Lmao. You can't say anything positive. First, Prescott should have been sacked but avoided it and on the run tossed a good pass. That wasn't the route. After the play broke done he anticipated beasely breaking.

It wasn't a perfect pass as much as it was a great catch, but still a very good improvisation.
It was a very nice play. No doubt about that at all.

But that's not a play you draw up. He had to throw it up and it worked out.

That's not bad. It's just what it is.

We'll see what Dak is becoming this weekend, and I'll be rooting like hell for him.

pansophy

Reaction score
I haven't seen Dak's numbers passing from a clean pocket this season, or for minimal versus heavy pressure, but his numbers over 2016-17 were incredible.

Passing from a 'clean pocket' over '16-17, Dak was 328 of 440 (74.5 percent) for 3,842 yd (8.7 ypa), 30 td, 2 int and a QB rating of 121.4

When pressured less than 40% of the time over his first two seasons, Dak had a 112.7 QB rating, 38 tds, 3 int, 8.2 ypa, 68.8 completion percentage and 234.8 yards per game.

These stats come from PFF in a story by John Kinnear at CowboysWire.

The linked article showed how great Dak can be when everything is working and how bad it got when it wasn't.

I'm curious to see what the numbers will look like once updated for 2018.
I think the question is why was Dak pressured and how many of those are because he didn't make a decision and ended up holding the ball too long.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Having an issue with his rushing td’s would be a pretty slow response. When I look at a Qb I look at how many td’s he threw as that is usually what a qb is graded on. Obviously a running threat is an added bonus but the main qb responsibility in my mind is throwing td’s. 22 td’s through the air is far from fantastic from a qb, yes 6 on the ground is a nice offset but A Qb is usually judged mainly on his arm which I’m sure u would agree.
Main QB responsiblity is scoring and winning games.

Blackrain

Reaction score
It’s impossible to argue.

Anytime Erod “breaks down a play” he is incapable of seeing anything positive Dak had to do with it. His perspective is so skewed toward disliking Dak that I really think his brain is unable to interpret what it sees as anything good being done by Dak.

It’s really quite fascinating, but impossible to argue with.

All true brother I should have put the Romo worshiper on ignore long ago but its such a hoot watching him struggle with his fandom, Romo fixation ,and hatred of Dak all at the same time while we are having a successful season that is impossible for him to enjoy without his hero

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
All true brother I should have put the Romo worshiper on ignore long ago but its such a hoot watching him struggle with his fandom, Romo fixation ,and hatred of Dak all at the same time while we are having a successful season that is impossible for him to enjoy without his hero
Survivors Guilt Syndrome

Romo 2003-2016, never forget.

Ken

Reaction score
That’s like saying Lamar Jackson is a good QB because he’s a good runner, yeah ok.
if he threw for 3800 yards and 22 Tds he would be.

Come on man, relax and enjoy the ride.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You say some crazy stuff man. The dude was the #1 overall pick of the NFL Draft, clearly someone respects him.
People are lazy mostly and parrot lazy takes they've heard on tv. Everybody who is short has Napolean complex even though we all know for a fact people act similar regardless of height for the most part.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I would like to see Dak score at least 32. TD’s a season. I think 2 per game average isn’t too much to ask in today’s NFL.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Dak Prescott's 2018 season was really a tale of two seasons. His first half numbers underwhelmed, in large part to have nothing to work with but a bunch of jags and unseasoned young guys. Now that we are at the end of the regular season, his numbers are very good.

BOLD = career high

356 completions
526 attempts.
67.7%(67.8 rookie year) completion percentage.
3,885 yards
242 ypg
7,4 ypa
22 tds
8 ints
96.9 rating

Rushing

75 attempts
305 yards
4.1 ypc
6 tds (ties first two years)

These numbers rival his rookie season and he did it with a patchwork offensive line and a bunch of young guys at TE and WR. We saw the growng pains early in the season and they have all come along as the season progressed. We should have something really good to build off of for next year.

Pretty solid. I'm glad we have him

Reactions: Ken

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak Prescott's 2018 season was really a tale of two seasons. His first half numbers underwhelmed, in large part to have nothing to work with but a bunch of jags and unseasoned young guys. Now that we are at the end of the regular season, his numbers are very good.

BOLD = career high

356 completions
526 attempts.
67.7%(67.8 rookie year) completion percentage.
3,885 yards
242 ypg
7,4 ypa
22 tds
8 ints
96.9 rating

Rushing

75 attempts
305 yards
4.1 ypc
6 tds (ties first two years)

These numbers rival his rookie season and he did it with a patchwork offensive line and a bunch of young guys at TE and WR. We saw the growng pains early in the season and they have all come along as the season progressed. We should have something really good to build off of for next year.
This last game helped a bit, but I do think he's better now than he was last year.

Here is where he ranked

15th in passing yards
21st in passing yards per game
10th in comp percentage
19th in yards per attempt
14th in passer rating
16th in passing TDs
14th in TD - int (this week's 4:0 helped a ton)

rags747

Reaction score
if he threw for 3800 yards and 22 Tds he would be.

Come on man, relax and enjoy the ride.
I am enjoying it, have not been Daks biggest backer but I do like a lot about him. Yesterday was mostly good for him.

Reactions: Ken