Dak's Final Season Numbers

Philmonroe

Reaction score
In terms of talent as a passer, I agree Dak is average. He needs to do better these next 4 games. A lot depends on it.

He's above average in many ways that someone like Alex Smith wasn't. Dak has all the intangibles and Smith was a decent runner but I think Dak is better on the move, our play caller just won't use it enough. Something about Dak, man. People play for him and he doesn't quit and it's infectious.
I disagree with the people play for him even though I'm sure people say that. That's sounds good stuff to me when you're in the nfl or any pro league you're playing for that next contract way more often than not. When they were 3-5 were they playing for him? That's why I don't like that situational stuff because honestly it sounds a lot like Tebow mania. I like actual play not the "intangibles" talk that is more often than not code words for avg. I hope he does play good in the playoffs cause we all want the Boys to win another SB

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
While it is true that stats don't show everything, in Dak's case they do show he's not the scrub his haters make him out to be.

My favorite Dak stat: First QB in NFL history to win 30+ games (32 to be exact) with 65+ TD passes (67) and 25 or less interceptions over his first three seasons.
This is an amazing stat! This proves beyond a question of a doubt how special Dak is and how lucky the Cowboys and us fans are to have him. The future looks very bright with Dak Prescott as the Cowboys franchise QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's a mother expletive lie. I always say he's avg so no need to lie to gain props with the Dak groupie crew. Anybody can search my post where I've always said he was Alex Smith jr.
Alex Smith JR isn't saying he's "average" lol. Who wants to be Alex Smith Jr? Who strives to be that? Which btw, they are nothing alike but I'll let you keep your schtick up.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott's 2018 season was really a tale of two seasons. His first half numbers underwhelmed, in large part to have nothing to work with but a bunch of jags and unseasoned young guys. Now that we are at the end of the regular season, his numbers are very good.

BOLD = career high

356 completions
526 attempts.
67.7%(67.8 rookie year) completion percentage.
3,885 yards
242 ypg
7,4 ypa
22 tds
8 ints
96.9 rating

Rushing

75 attempts
305 yards
4.1 ypc
6 tds (ties first two years)

These numbers rival his rookie season and he did it with a patchwork offensive line and a bunch of young guys at TE and WR. We saw the growng pains early in the season and they have all come along as the season progressed. We should have something really good to build off of for next year.

Wow with them stats we are so lucky to have him leading our offense to inept city weekly.... To all Cowboy fans warning warning warning....their throwing stats at you again to trick what your eye's have been seeing the last 2 years from Dak.
The above stats belong to the heaven of the DINK and DUNK school of passing....trust your eye's and let their stats sell crazy all day long to no avail....

erod

Reaction score
Now if he could just do this in the games that actually matter.

Still one of the lowest ranked passing teams in the league. 27th?

Our fan base .....lol.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What? In 2016, Dak was 3rd in QB rating, 4th in completion percentage, 9th in TD%, 4th in yards per attempt, and 3rd in QBR. He is not anywhere NEAR those numbers this year. Not even in the top half of the league in most of those categories.

And every QB in the league has to play under adverse, changing conditions. The excuses are embarrassing.
What's embarrassing is your baloney.

Playing behind an Oline where 3/5th have been backups all season long, plus your 2 All Pros playing injured is not an excuse. It's a FACT. Playing the 1st half of the season with not a single legit #1 WR (but instead a bunch of other team's JAGs, plus a few rookie receivers) or legit #1 TE is not an excuse. It's a FACT. Playing with an extremely incompetent new Oline Coach who got fired halfway through the season because of how poor this Oline was performing is not an excuse. It's a FACT. Playing with a rookie and inexperienced QB's Coach who was a career NFL bench warmer is not an excuse. It's a FACT. Playing for an O-Coordinator and Head Coach who do not get creative with their playbook/playcalling and have limited Dak's abilities for most of the season is not an excuse. It's a FACT.

Even then after all of these hurdles, Dak has led this team to a 10-6 record, a division title and hosting a 1st round playoff game. That's not an excuse. That's a FACT.

Appreciate. FACT.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Just goes to show how a run first conservative offense vs a pass first aggressive offense can completely change the QB stats and play. Scheme and coaching matters.

It matters to the real fans on here that understand the game . The only thing that matters to the haters is pushing the agenda facts don't enter in to it LOLOL

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wow with them stats we are so lucky to have him leading our offense to inept city weekly.... To all Cowboy fans warning warning warning....their throwing stats at you again to trick what your eye's have been seeing the last 2 years from Dak.
The above stats belong to the heaven of the DINK and DUNK school of passing....trust your eye's and let their stats sell crazy all day long to no avail....
The forum comedian is in the house.

Warning. Warning. Warning.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
Romo choked. Get over it.
Yeah I mean word is out and the lockerroom is saying that they like Prescott with the ball in his hands more than they did Romo when it's late or close and they're behind or need the W. You can't argue, the guy wins. Romo sometimes did but also sometimes didn't get it done and thats what his final scroll reads as. It is that it is.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Now if he could just do this in the games that actually matter.

Still one of the lowest ranked passing teams in the league. 27th?

Our fan base .....lol.

Now if you could just understand we have invested our resources on being a running team so that may have an affect on the ranking of our passing game .

In todays game minus Oline starters and RB we were in Pass mode attempting 44 passes and the stats were like all the other passing teams because we changed schemes from being a running team to a passing team to give guys rest

Ken

Reaction score
If you look at his 3 seasons. They’re solid good. He’s a good QB stats wise. He’s a good QB when it comes to wins. He wins. I mean, why is the guy hated on so much? Because he isn’t throwing 50 TD’s?
Yes. That is exactly why.

They want a Mahomes who throws 50 tds but gets bounced in the first playoff game.

They would be soooo happy.

erod

Reaction score
Now if you could just understand we have invested our resources on being a running team so that may have an affect on the ranking of our passing game .

In todays game minus Oline starters and RB we were in Pass mode attempting 44 passes and the stats were like all the other passing teams because we changed schemes from being a running team to a passing team to give guys rest
Plus, the other team is just awful and barely gave a crap.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
What's embarrassing is your baloney.

Playing behind an Oline where 3/5th have been backups all season long, plus your 2 All Pros playing injured is not an excuse. It's a FACT. Playing the 1st half of the season with not a single legit #1 WR (but instead a bunch of other team's JAGs, plus a few rookie receivers) or legit #1 TE is not an excuse. It's a FACT. Playing with an extremely incompetent new Oline Coach who got fired halfway through the season because of how poor this Oline was performing is not an excuse. It's a FACT. Playing with a rookie and inexperienced QB's Coach who was a career NFL bench warmer is not an excuse. It's a FACT. Playing for an O-Coordinator and Head Coach who do not get creative with their playbook/playcalling and have limited Dak's abilities for most of the season is not an excuse. It's a FACT.

Even then after all of these hurdles, Dak has led this team to a 10-6 record, a division title and hosting a 1st round playoff game. That's not an excuse. That's a FACT.

Appreciate. FACT.
Dak didn’t lead the team anywhere, he was carried by the defense. That’s not all on Dak, but historically teams with offenses this bad don’t make the playoffs. Dak has played 3 seasons that have all been largely the same with varying efficiency... he’s a dink and dunk bus driver good for a sub 4000 yard, low 20s TD season. Trying to pretend that there was some kind of hardship this season is baloney... this is what he is. And unfortunately even the myth that he is a clutch winner is about to be proven extremely laughable... in short order.

erod

Reaction score
Yes. That is exactly why.

They want a Mahomes who throws 50 tds but gets bounced in the first playoff game.

They would be soooo happy.
No, I want a quarterback who doesn't fail to score a touchdown in 14 of 15 consecutive quarters.

Today was an organized scrimmage. And he threw two pick sixes today that were dropped.

We'll see if he can score next week. That's what we need, not empty stats against the worst team in our division.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak didn’t lead the team anywhere, he was carried by the defense. That’s not all on Dak, but historically teams with offenses this bad don’t make the playoffs. Dak has played 3 seasons that have all been largely the same with varying efficiency... he’s a dink and dunk bus driver good for a sub 4000 yard, low 20s TD season. Trying to pretend that there was some kind of hardship this season is baloney... this is what he is. And unfortunately even the myth that he is a clutch winner is about to be proven extremely laughable... in short order.
Your blasphemous rants and seeing you squirm is what's actually laughable. Just a matter of time before you are forced to follow another team, because Dak is not going anywhere for a very long time.