Dak's fumble

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Alright, coach.

You tell me HOW Dak is supposed to take any more care of the ball halfway thru a pass progession.

I'll wait.

And show me where I have ever justified Dak.

Do it. I dare you.
He just has to do a better job of feeling pressure in the pocket and speeding up his internal clock when you have a 1 on 1 mismatch like that.

Throughout the game dak actually did a phenomenal job at this, just not early on. Thats actually one of the reasons I think this offense gets off to slow starts at times. Once dak gets into the flow of the game he is phenomonal at feeling pressure and moving in the pocket.

Go back and watch daks pocket awareness 1st half vs 2nd half. Garrett was still in the backfield most plays, but dak found a lane to step up and deliver strikes. He wasn't doing that as well early on.

Yes, you want you oline to give me better protection than that, but your qb knows the protection they have called, and knows his target was to the left side of the field and had garrett vs Steele with out her to what became his blind side.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
This game would have been even worse had the Browns DB's held on to any of those (what should have been) INT that hit them right in the hands.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
He just has to do a better job of feeling pressure in the pocket and speeding up his internal clock when you have a 1 on 1 mismatch like that.

Throughout the game dak actually did a phenomenal job at this, just not early on. Thats actually one of the reasons I think this offense gets off to slow starts at times. Once dak gets into the flow of the game he is phenomonal at feeling pressure and moving in the pocket.

Go back and watch daks pocket awareness 1st half vs 2nd half. Garrett was still in the backfield most plays, but dak found a lane to step up and deliver strikes. He wasn't doing that as well early on.

Yes, you want you oline to give me better protection than that, but your qb knows the protection they have called, and knows his target was to the left side of the field and had garrett vs Steele with out her to what became his blind side.
Really. Seems to me you should be tapping the shoulder of the play caller.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Really. Seems to me you should be tapping the shoulder of the play caller.
When the all field tape comes out ill be able to let you know. Did dak have a quicker option to get the ball to? Probably, but we will see.

Either way you put the ball on the ground its a - on the scorecard.

superonyx

Reaction score
Dak is not the reason this team lost, but if he puts the ball on the ground he gets a share of the blame. Dont care who it is the #1 job is to protect the ball.
Wrong..

If he fumbles while running then yes. If he fumbles because his arm is hit during the act of throwing then nope. Dak did exactly what a QBs should do in that situation. Quick drop, set, and throw. Garrett was there quick and from beyond Daks peripherals.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Wrong..

If he fumbles while running then yes. If he fumbles because his arm is hit during the act of throwing then nope. Dak did exactly what a QBs should do in that situation. Quick drop, set, and throw. Garrett was there quick and from beyond Daks peripherals.
Youre not wrong and there are other parties to share the blame with on the play. By no means am i pinning this completely on Dak. Pressure came quick about 3 seconds in to the play. The play call had Dak turned away from the pressure on the fake to the RB. Its a tough play. Still though i think that Dak has to know that you have their elite pass rusher against your undrafted free agent. No rb to chip because he is out for the swing pass, no te help on that side. You have to know he is going to be on you quick.

lostar2009

Reaction score
im scared to death this is gonna be true....I expected the team and coaching to look competent under Mike....it has not.
So far even worse than JaG. This year is a wash already so I’ll give him the rest of the year to get things cleaned up but if it stays the same the staff needs cleaned out again.

JG would've coach a better game than this mess. Also note JG had a hack job coaching staff. At this point I kinda wonder what JG could do with a real coaching staff.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
You can’t blame Dak solely for that fumble. The offensive line certainly helped. But Dak fumbles the ball fairly often. He’s bad under pressure.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dak is not the reason this team lost, but if he puts the ball on the ground he gets a share of the blame. Dont care who it is the #1 job is to protect the ball.
For the most part I agree, but not when he gets stripped while delivering the ball. That's on the offensive line, unless he held the ball for a lengthy period of time, which he did not.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why are we running long developing plays with a bum lined up opposite of Myles Garrett 1 on 1? I Dont care if it was MM or Kellen, all I know is next year MM better either call plays or stupidity like that better not happen again or he really is just a fat Jason Garrett. Dak should get zero blame for that particular play.

dak shouldn't hold the ball so long. Really got to be aware of those matchups.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The protection was horrible. Awful decision to start Steele and not give him help.

That being said Dak still needs to hold onto the ball. Taking a sack in that situation is acceptable. Fumbling the ball is not.

It’s like coach Boone says to Petey in Remember the Titans. “Your line? Did your line fumble the football?”

Gotta hold onto the ball. Always

John813

Reaction score
Flabbergasted that an UDFA OT struggled against one of the top edge rushers.
Maybe I missed it, but they didn't chip Garrett until after Knight was in the game, right?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score

You have misplaced that issue on to Dak. Coaches tell players to stand in there and make a throw, that they will protect them. Dak getting a better "feel" of the game is realizing the coaches let him down. What you are asking Dak to do is basically have happy feet before anything even happens, which is against all QB coaching at any level.

Reaction score

This may be all well and good. Now how do you stop the defense from giving up 38 points a game?

Because that's the REAL problem. You are fixing a leak in the sink while the house is burning down.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Patriots aren't paying a QB $40 million.

Prescott ends up in Jacksonville if we land Lawrence.

:hammer:

They paid the GOAT under market value for over a decade...........No chance Dak sees anywhere close to that kind of $ ' s while Belichick is running things

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This may be all well and good. Now how do you stop the defense from giving up 38 points a game?

Because that's the REAL problem. You are fixing a leak in the sink while the house is burning down.
I agree. Trust me I'm not saying dak is the issue with this team. I just don't think he is immune from making mistakes.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You have misplaced that issue on to Dak. Coaches tell players to stand in there and make a throw, that they will protect them. Dak getting a better "feel" of the game is realizing the coaches let him down. What you are asking Dak to do is basically have happy feet before anything even happens, which is against all QB coaching at any level.
You're not wrong, but you have to be realisic about the matchups that you have too. Look at the second half of the game. Garrett still demolished our RT, but dak made an adjustment and started moving around in the pocket, especially stepping up to negate garrett just running behind our RT.

When I go back and really watch the play I will acknowledge that the play call did him no favors and forced dak to turn his back to garrett. Not a good situation. Tough play for dak.