Dak's next contract

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't even give Dak an old rusty used paperclip and the lint in my pocket.
Dude is total useless garbage.

9darter

Reaction score
A middle of the pack QB and this team wins it all, easily.

Dak Prescott is possibly the worst starting player (all positions) in the entire NFL. He simply can't play the game.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak's accuracy has gotten worse. I don't know if it's all on him or if it's bad coaching.

brickman

Reaction score
If they give him a big contract it will only confirm the Jones stupidity. He is too erratic. Not worth big $.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Lets face it Dak is highly likely going to be here for the next few seasons. Jerry Jones has been vocal about extending Dak this coming off season. In the anticiparion of a contract extension with Prescott, here is a possible contract scenario where I feel the needs of both sides would be met.

5 year $110 million/75 million guaranteed

2019 cap hit - 17 million
2020 cap hit - 21 million
2021 cap hit - 25 million
2022 cap hit 25 million (12 million dead money and 15 million in cap savings, if cut)
2023 cap hit - 27 million (27 million in cap savings, if cut)

This provides stability at the most important position in the game and is not selling the farm to ensure a capable starter is behind the center. The salary cap has been increasing yearly and by 2023 it should be well over $200 million. Dak would only be accounting for 10-12% of the team's cap and it will allow for other home grown talent to be paid.

I also see it as a benefit to get the extension done this coming off season, due to Goff and Wentz more than likely getting massive extensions in 2020. Which very well could raise Dak's asking price.

What are your thoughts?

If you aren't a fan of Dak and don't want to see him here any longer than next season, what do you consider should be done to solidify the position over the next two off seasons?

Edit: Since he is under contract for 2019 already, perhaps an extension would change to something like this:
2019 cap hit - 800k
2020 cap hit - 17 million
2021 cap hit - 21 million
2022 cap hit - 25 million
2023 cap hit - 25 million (12 dead 13 cap savings)
2024 cap hit - 27 million

Maybe even give him a higher 2019 cap hit and lower some of the future year's cap hits, if possible. For example, his 2023 cap hit would remain the same, but if he is released, he would only count 4 million as dead money and 21 million in cap savings.
Sorry, I am not a cap expert.
He's currently killing me!!!!!!!
Who is calling the plays?????

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
10-15 per prove it type deal, draft a qb, and bring in a vet...

QT

Reaction score
If he gets 5 year 100 million...it would set this franchise back a decade. And it's might be time to think about following another team.

dallas72

Reaction score
Mo contract..let play his 4th year..u could always franchise him after or sign long term...I need another year with Cooper & a TE with healthy oline