Twitter: Dak's passing absence from training camp proves his value to Cowboys

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes thats how the team was in a nutshell. I think the problem was that old regime where they did nothing to address the issues in the red zone. The redzone issue can be attributed to predictable playcalling and just running up the middle for no gain. This was a Garrett issue and hopefully a changing of the guard can fix some of that.

Marinelli's defense had to go. It was filled with undersized linemen and was suspect to the run. Nolan's defense was a joke and I'm glad that his gone. McCarthy isn't a bad coach. He is better than Garrett in leaps and bounds. I peeved that he hired his friend Nolan. Wish he didn't do that.

It's not a Garrett issue if it still exists. Yes we've done better against defenses like ours (bad) but against average or better we struggle to score td vs fg. Garrett wasn't calling plays then either, it was linehan then moore calling plays.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I simply used 2017 & 2018 as a way of comparison much like the individual asked me specifically about what Dalton did in 2020 filling in for Dak. That said for the 2016 season Dak accounted for an average of 1.81 TD's per game, in 2019 he averaged 2.06 TD's per game and in his shortened 2020 season he averaged 2.4 TD's per game. Therefore, outside of the 2020 season (mainly due to as many state was a pass heavy offense due to a poor defense resulting in large score deficits) the difference between what Dalton did and what Dak did was only a .50 TD a game average difference.
Thanks. Good info.

Now for reverence what are the great qb’s average?
Wilson, Brady, Rodgers? Are they a lot better than .50 as Dak is over Andy?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Thanks. Good info.

Now for reverence what are the great qb’s average?
Wilson, Brady, Rodgers? Are they a lot better than .50 as Dak is over Andy?

2020 Stats Average

Wilson 2.625 TD's per game

Rodgers 3.19 TD's game

Brady 2.69 TD's game

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It's not a Garrett issue if it still exists. Yes we've done better against defenses like ours (bad) but against average or better we struggle to score td vs fg. Garrett wasn't calling plays then either, it was linehan then moore calling plays.

Garrett was here for more than a decade. So there are still remnants of Garrett within this offense that still needs to be exorcised. Plus we had an entire season thats been affected by Covid. This is the first year that we really get to see what Mike McCarthy can do.

I'd like to see what Mike has in mind before I judge.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garrett was here for more than a decade. So there are still remnants of Garrett within this offense that still needs to be exorcised. Plus we had an entire season thats been affected by Covid. This is the first year that we really get to see what Mike McCarthy can do.

I'd like to see what Mike has in mind before I judge.

It's Garrett's system but he had little to do with play calling with lineman or Moore. Mike will have less input than Garrett, he just collecting a check. I don't buy the not having a camp excuse last year since they completely changed defense during that time.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fri, Nov 30
Saints @ Dallas
W 13-10

Do you think the defense might have won that game as they held the Saints to 10 pts?

Sun, Dec 15
Dallas vs Los Angeles
W44-21
The rams did NOT make the playoffs that year.

So let us see what 160 million dollars buy you?
1 win against a playoff team in 2018?
3 years ago......

Do you think it takes a team to win . . You answered your own question. But keep blaming Prescott LMAO

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
lol-gif.gif
Yep keep laughing at yourself. Someday you’ll understand it’s more than just one player wins in this league league