Dak's QB rating per player

HungryLion

Reaction score
Sure,

Bease did not come out and say point blank "we are getting open" to the media last season. In response to a storm of criticism directed at the receiving corp.

Sure, Both Bease and the Cowboy's decided it was in each party's best interest to NOT negotiate a reasonable contract to keep the experienced, proven and familiar with the system receiver with the team. (Side note, Cobb seems to have turned into a pumpkin here too, Just coincidence though, I'm sure)

So yea, Bease caught 74% of his targets and had a pretty good season on paper. The paper doesn't tell you about the missed opportunities though. The third downs that were not converted because... well you know.

Beasley and the cowboys were negotiating. The bills offered more money. It’s a simple concept. Not sure what that has to do with Dak.

Bring up one of Beasley’s quotes, but ignore the MULTIPLE quotes from Beasley where he praises Dak’s play and Says positive things about him.

Here are a couple articles to help you out.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-idea-that-dak-prescott-hasnt-been-productive

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/cl...nt-be-where-were-at-without-dak-prescott/amp/

Like I said. You’re using revisionist history to fit your agenda. Beasley was successful with the cowboys. He was successful with Dak. He left for more money, and it had nothing to do with Dak and you have zero evidence it had anything to do with Dak.

Beasley has had a couple quotes critical of Dak but he has also had multiple times where he has praised Dak.

So if you’re going to tell the story. Tell the whole story.

Even in the comments you mention. Beasley clarifies what he meant earlier and again, said he has Dak’s
Back.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...orts/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article219289005.html

HungryLion

Reaction score
Please show me the post/tweet where Beasley throws Dak under the bus. Backup your words instead of dropping "facts" with no receipts.

Beasley made comments about the receivers being open. He doesn’t say it’s all Dak’s fault and he later clarified his comments and said he was just sticking up for his fellow receivers and not blaming the QB. I posted the link in another post.

Again the other poster just wants to ignore all of Beasley’s other comments about Dak and focus on one.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Beasley made comments about the receivers being open. He doesn’t say it’s all Dak’s fault and he later clarified his comments and said he was just sticking up for his fellow receivers and not blaming the QB. I posted the link in another post.

Again the other poster just wants to ignore all of Beasley’s other comments about Dak and focus on one.

That's what I thought. He's always liked Dak and he's always stood up for him. He clearly has a problem with the coaching and the scheme though. Dak haters gonna hate though.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Beasley and the cowboys were negotiating. The bills offered more money. It’s a simple concept. Not sure what that has to do with Dak.

Bring up one of Beasley’s quotes, but ignore the MULTIPLE quotes from Beasley where he praises Dak’s play and Says positive things about him.

Here are a couple articles to help you out.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-idea-that-dak-prescott-hasnt-been-productive

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/cl...nt-be-where-were-at-without-dak-prescott/amp/

Like I said. You’re using revisionist history to fit your agenda. Beasley was successful with the cowboys. He was successful with Dak. He left for more money, and it had nothing to do with Dak and you have zero evidence it had anything to do with Dak.

Beasley has had a couple quotes critical of Dak but he has also had multiple times where he has praised Dak.

So if you’re going to tell the story. Tell the whole story.

Even in the comments you mention. Beasley clarifies what he meant earlier and again, said he has Dak’s
Back.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...orts/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article219289005.html

I was pretty naive in my 20's too. I think most of us are.

Both of those examples you provided are lukewarm at best. End of the season, knows he is looking for a new team, who in their right mind goes off on the QB in that situation? Hell, most guys just keep their mouths shut and move on instead of talking crap.

The fact that Beasly (and Hurns) were pushed to the point of defending themselves means a lot more than some generic "say the right thing" quote while you're shopping your services to another team.

Now suddenly Cobb can't catch anymore.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

Both of those examples you provided are lukewarm at best. End of the season, knows he is looking for a new team, who in their right mind goes off on the QB in that situation? Hell, most guys just keep their mouths shut and move on instead of talking crap.

The fact that Beasly (and Hurns) were pushed to the point of defending themselves means a lot more than some generic "say the right thing" quote while you're shopping your services to another team.

You're really pushing it, brother.

First of all, no one brought up Cobb. He's had a few drops, so what? No one is blaming Dak or Cobb but you. Amari has had drops. So has Gallup. do we automatically say they suck? No. Dak has had an entire season with both Amari (almost a whole season) and Gallup. He only had one offseason with Cobb. Chemistry takes time. Sounds like you're trying to pull stuff out of your arse to hate on Dak if I'm being honest.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

LOL

If someone asked me specifically about you or anyone else here I would find a way to say something positive. Most people would because it's just the right thing to do.

Coaches and players do this every week. Seriously friend, list the players who have a rep for calling out teammates/coaches publicly. Then recap the consequences for those players.

To clarify, it is your position that the receivers were pushed to the point of having to defend themselves. Stated that the proof was right there on film. Then sincerely backtracked to take the heat of the QB.

The question is then: If the receivers are getting open as shown by the film but the ball is not being delivered than just exactly where does the responsibility lay?

HungryLion

Reaction score

I’m the naive one. When you’re sitting there and now putting words in Beasley’s mouth and making assumptions based on what you think was his thought process without any evidence.

That’s as naive as it gets.

Your original argument also holds no water and makes zero sense.

You think Beasley left because of Dak.

Yet, Cobb the player originally talked about. Left the Packers and Aaron Rodgers one of the best in the league, came to Dallas.

Why might that be? Did he come to Dallas because of the QB? Was he mad at Aaron Rodgers and want to play with Dak? We can both admit that doesn’t seem likely.

He came to Dallas because either Green Bay didn’t want him back or Dallas offered more money.

Just like Buffalo offered more money than Dallas did to Beasley.

Theyre pretty simple concepts, yet you would rather make assumptions and project your own feelings oto the players, and try to pass that off as a rational argument.

But again, I’m the naive one.

HungryLion

Reaction score
LOL

If someone asked me specifically about you or anyone else here I would find a way to say something positive. Most people would because it's just the right thing to do.

Coaches and players do this every week. Seriously friend, list the players who have a rep for calling out teammates/coaches publicly. Then recap the consequences for those players.

To clarify, it is your position that the receivers were pushed to the point of having to defend themselves. Stated that the proof was right there on film. Then sincerely backtracked to take the heat of the QB.

The question is then: If the receivers are getting open as shown by the film but the ball is not being delivered than just exactly where does the responsibility lay?

Yet again, you’re also basing Beasley’s entire thought process of leaving, based on one quote when he was frustrated because the team was losing.

That same quote also came early in the season when Dak was struggling and the team was struggling.

Ignore the fact that Beasley chose to leave after Dak and the team went 7-1 and won a playoff game. And after Beasley’s production increased and he has an overall very good season with Dak throwing the balk.

But that one quote from earlier in the season, before all of that improvement, was his main thought process when deciding to leave?

Hence why I said tell the whole story. But you won’t tell the whole story because it shows how your argument is weak as hell.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You're really pushing it, brother.

First of all, no one brought up Cobb. He's had a few drops, so what? No one is blaming Dak or Cobb but you. Amari has had drops. So has Gallup. do we automatically say they suck? No. Dak has had an entire season with both Amari (almost a whole season) and Gallup. He only had one offseason with Cobb. Chemistry takes time. Sounds like you're trying to pull stuff out of your arse to hate on Dak if I'm being honest.

You have missed the point completely.

The thread is about the QB rating for each individual receiver. Isn't Cobb a receiver? Cobb was brought up in the OP.

It is a fact that two receivers on last years team felt obligated to defend themselves, (using actual game tape) when the fingers were pointed at them for the lack of production in the passing game.

It is a fact that both of those receivers are no longer on the team. One released and one choosing to go to a new team.

It is a fact that the replacement for one of those players finds himself second in the league for dropped passes with no history of being known as pass dropper.

I think if anything is true it is that you are pulling stuff out of you arse to love on Dak.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You have missed the point completely.

The thread is about the QB rating for each individual receiver. Isn't Cobb a receiver? Cobb was brought up in the OP.

It is a fact that two receivers on last years team felt obligated to defend themselves, (using actual game tape) when the fingers were pointed at them for the lack of production in the passing game.

It is a fact that both of those receivers are no longer on the team. One released and one choosing to go to a new team.

It is a fact that the replacement for one of those players finds himself second in the league for dropped passes with no history of being known as pass dropper.

I think if anything is true it is that you are pulling stuff out of you arse to love on Dak.

And you’re using quotes from early In the season. The offense then went on to turn itself around and Beasley wound up having the second best season of his career.

Which makes your argument nonsense.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Yet again, you’re also basing Beasley’s entire thought process of leaving, based on one quote when he was frustrated because the team was losing.

That same quote also came early in the season when Dak was struggling and the team was struggling.

Ignore the fact that Beasley chose to leave after Dak and the team went 7-1 and won a playoff game. And after Beasley’s production increased and he has an overall very good season with Dak throwing the balk.

But that one quote from earlier in the season, before all of that improvement, was his main thought process when deciding to leave?

Hence why I said tell the whole story. But you won’t tell the whole story because it shows how your argument is weak as hell.
Ya see, This is your problem. You emotion things all up to twist them to fit your wishes.

Beasley didn't make that statement because he was frustrated because the team was losing. He was forced to say it because he and everyone else were getting hammered every week for not getting "separation". Remember that. Separation was the buzzword for 2018. Every week it was the receivers fault so first Hurns said something and then Beasly. Talk about revisionist history...

It gets even better though, after downplaying Beasely's comments and not even acknowledging Hurns, as being early season frustration you then post end of season pillow talk comments from a guy on his way out as real talk.

It only took arguably the best route runner i.e. separation creator, in the league to get the passing game going. If he had a ten foot catch radius we'd be SB favorites.

Nothing to see here folks, move along....

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
And you’re using quotes from early In the season. The offense then went on to turn itself around and Beasley wound up having the second best season of his career.

Which makes your argument nonsense.
Second best year of his career yet both he and the Cowboys decided to go different directions.

What was the key factor in turning the offense around?

Your argument is emotional drivel.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Second best year of his career yet both he and the Cowboys decided to go different directions.

What was the key factor in turning the offense around?

Your argument is emotional drivel.

Lol says the one making assumptions and putting words in Beasley’s mouth. The same guy who is ignoring the rest of what Beasley has said and the actual results of what happened on the field after that one quote.

It also shows absolutely zero understanding of the fact that the NFL is a business and players like to get paid as much as possible.

Your argument, as usual for you, has no basis in reality and quite frankly is stupid. There’s nothing emotional about that. I’m pointing out that your argument is stupid nonsense.

Have a nice day.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Lol says the one making assumptions and putting words in Beasley’s mouth.

Your argument, as usual for you, has no basis in reality and quite frankly is stupid. There’s nothing emotional about that. I’m pointing out that your argument is stupid nonsense.

Have a nice day.
Not one fact in this "rebuttal" pretty much says it all.

Then he checks out with the hypocritical "have a nice day". LOL

Owned as usual son.

Creeper

Reaction score
Smith has been inactive for two games.

Outside of his game versus the Commanders, he had 5 targets for 2 completions vs Miami and had a target versus the Saints.

Let's pump the brakes on how good he is.

The brakes were already pumped, but the Cowboys activated Ventell Bryant, a WR from the practice squad, over Smith on Sunday. Anyone care to argue that Bryant is a better receiver than Devon Smith?

John813

Reaction score
The brakes were already pumped, but the Cowboys activated Ventell Bryant, a WR from the practice squad, over Smith on Sunday. Anyone care to argue that Bryant is a better receiver than Devon Smith?

He has played ~50% of the total ST snaps the past two weeks.
(16 and 14 snaps respectively)

Only 2 plays on offense.

Think his role is more ST based for why he's active.

Devin smith only played 11-12% of ST snaps in week 1 and 2.
They don't trust him on ST IMO