Dak's rare accomplishment on Sunday

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Look at Dak's passing stats for last year.

Yards/per
Comp %
QBR (Yes since you want to keep using it, im going to throw it in there)
Passing Yards for Season
Passing Yards Per Game

He is 12-17 in all of those. I think it actually averaged out to be 15th ranking QB. RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE. The pure definition of mediocrity. Yeah go ahead and pay him 40m/yr.

ghst187

Reaction score
We can argue all day over how good or bad Dak is and how many folks would beat him in a pure QB skills competition, but at the end of the day, when the chips are down, Dak delivers and there’s a ton of guys out there who might be “better” but who don’t get it done.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The QBR is the worst stat to rate a QB by. Look at those other 3. Look at Geno Smith. Hell, look at Dak's accomplishments so far, 1 good 1 bad season 1 playoff win?

Lets let this play out for 3-4 years and see a larger data set. I am going to stand by my opinion that he is an average QB playing on a very good team. If you put him on the bills/jets/dolphins, he would be out of the league in 2-3 years. We can all bicker back and forth but time will be the telling factor. I will come back in 3-4 years and bump this thread to remind you that he joined those other 3 in mediocrity.

:thumbup: Can’t wait!!!

(To never hear from you again)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Yards/per
Comp %
Passing Yards for Season
Passing Yards Per Game

He is 12-17 in all of those. I think it actually averaged out to be 15th ranking QB. RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE. The pure definition of mediocrity. Yeah go ahead and pay him 40m/yr.

I know, it hurts to be so wrong about Dak. :laugh:

Yobwocs

Reaction score
The QBR is the worst stat to rate a QB by. Look at those other 3. Look at Geno Smith. Hell, look at Dak's accomplishments so far, 1 good 1 bad season 1 playoff win?

Lets let this play out for 3-4 years and see a larger data set. I am going to stand by my opinion that he is an average QB playing on a very good team. If you put him on the bills/jets/dolphins, he would be out of the league in 2-3 years. We can all bicker back and forth but time will be the telling factor. I will come back in 3-4 years and bump this thread to remind you that he joined those other 3 in mediocrity.

landscape.jpg

jay94

Reaction score
Dak likely ever had the best regular season game as a Cowboy qb. I will say a few things, guys were WIDE open. We were playing a defense that lost 3 of their best players from the year prior. If Dak can even be 70% of what he was Sunday we were are in great shape. Dak has been an average quarterback, will he elevate his game, or fall back to inconsistency only time will tell. Stats these days favor the qb more then ever too these days and I doubt that will only be magnified more in time, majority want to see lots of points and big plays.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

Yeah, I’m not gonna be convinced until he plays the 85 Bears. Steve Young was great on the Bucs.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Perfect Passer rating has been done 74 times using today's criteria.
But only 10 times on 25+ attempts, and four times on 30+ attempts.

Dak Prescott 9/8/19
25 of 32 405 yd 4 td 0 int 158.3
Jared Goff 9/27/18
26 of 33 465 yd 5 td 0 int 158.3
Kurt Warner 10/1/00
24 of 30 390 yd 4 td 0 int 158.3
Ken O'Brien 11/2/86
26 of 32 431 yd 4 td 0 int 158.3

Flamma

Reaction score

That's what I was looking for. Only 4 other times! That's no joke. What's scary is that two of his few incompletions were dropped. One to Zeke who flat out dropped it. And One to Cooper in a crazy tight window who bobbled and dropped it. It may have been tipped, but it was a spot on throw.

J12B

Reaction score

Dak Prescott 9/8/19
25 of 32 405 yd 4 td 0 int 158.3
Jared Goff 9/27/18
26 of 33 465 yd 5 td 0 int 158.3
Kurt Warner 10/1/00
24 of 30 390 yd 4 td 0 int 158.3
Ken O'Brien 11/2/86
26 of 32 431 yd 4 td 0 int 158.3

Kurt Warner didn't reach 400 yards though

DFWJC

Reaction score
The 4 horseman!

Ken Obrien
Jarod Goff
Nick Foles
Dak Prescott

HOF baby!

DallasInDC

Reaction score
and yet there are still many on here that will say it was "just the giants" and that he is not a top 10 qb, nor does he desere to be a franchise qb....blah blah blah....

Yet over the history of the NFL there have been tons of crappy *** teams yet only 3 other QBs have been able to accomplish that. Go figure.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
From DC Facebook page:

"Prescott is now one of only four players in NFL history to produce 400 passing yards, four passing touchdowns and a perfect passer rating in a single game."

Nice job Dak.

Keep it up.

And Ryan Tannehill, yes Ryan Tannehill, is one of only two players to complete 25 consecutive passes. Point: sometimes even schmucks can get a record.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Yards/per
Comp %
Passing Yards for Season
Passing Yards Per Game

Great job ignoring the trends. :thumbup:

blueblood70

Reaction score
From DC Facebook page:

"Prescott is now one of only four players in NFL history to produce 400 passing yards, four passing touchdowns and a perfect passer rating in a single game."

Nice job Dak.

Keep it up.
VERY nice but its one great game..let me see a string of them.... Im glad hes Cowboy and it was fun beating the lowly giants..im pretty sure the same day he was surpassed by the other guy who cant throw in lamar Jackson..so was it special or was he 2nd even that day LMAO jk guys but facts..i know he didnt quite reach 400 but was much more efficient with a 158 rating and 5tds