Dak's rare accomplishment on Sunday

blueblood70

Reaction score
And before we start saying the Giants have a bad defense. I'm pretty sure there has been worse Defenses than the Giants who went up against HOF QBs.

tom brady entire division are clunkers LMAO..its like PS warm up walk throughs to get ready for the playoffs..then turn it up a notch..bam!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It’s pretty tame as far as Dak Build-A-Stats go, I’m surprised they didn’t try to throw in his rushing yards somehow...

J12B

Reaction score
VERY nice but its one great game..let me see a string of them.... Im glad hes Cowboy and it was fun beating the lowly giants..im pretty sure the same day he was surpassed by the other guy who cant throw in lamar Jackson..so was it special or was he 2nd even that day LMAO jk guys but facts..i know he didnt quite reach 400 but was much more efficient with a 158 rating and 5tds

Taken from a thread by @Yobwocs

Dak's last 14 games

3821 Total Yards
272.93 Yards Per Game (4366.86 yards total if adjusted per 16 games)
334 Completions
479 Attempts
69.7% Completion Percentage
7.97 Yards Per Attempt
23 TDs
5 Interceptions
104.82 QB rating
10-4 Record

Dak has been consistent pretty much ever since Amari arrived with the exception of the Colts game. But everyone was off that game.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Rare company, 4 HOFers.

How do you get 4 HOFers? O'Brien isn't in and never will be, I seriously doubt Foles will make it with only 3 starts in their Super Bowl season and nothing note worthy for the rest of his career and Goff hasn't done anything to even be thinking down the road he'll be in and the same with Prescott.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak is the most underrated and under-appreciated QB in the league. Hopefully that changes this season and Dak starts getting the respect he deserves. We hit the lottery with him.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Dak's last 14 games

3821 Total Yards
334 Completions
479 Attempts
7.97 Yards Per Attempt
23 TDs
5 Interceptions
104.82 QB rating
10-4 Record

Dak has been consistent pretty much ever since Amari arrived with the exception of the Colts game. But everyone was off that game.

well again thats nice but the Rams game , they sold out to stop Zeke, and the pass stats weren't bad but they missed the big plays that you saw against the giants..some big missed opportunity's in bigger game against better team..that was a great run, last game was not..

blueblood70

Reaction score

Dak's last 14 games

3821 Total Yards
334 Completions
479 Attempts
7.97 Yards Per Attempt
23 TDs
5 Interceptions
104.82 QB rating
10-4 Record

BTW let me ask you this in very sarcastic and judgmental tone..lol

Why if Daks been so good the last 10 games, Zeke was rushing title, we had Amari and Jarwin etc all seems great, DID SCOT LINEHAN GET FIRED AND ALL THE PEOPLE ARE SO HIGH ON KELLEN?? WHY?????

why did we need the change if it was all going that well??

truly its rhetorical, most know the answer , but consistency from the passing game is needed especially in the bigger games...im not saying it hasn't improved, it has... I mean we started 3-5 ended winning 8 of 10 to end the year with playoff win..that Rams game exposed the issues and hopefully this is the year where we can count on the offense to adjust to any situation and put fear into defenses..

J12B

Reaction score
BTW let me ask you this in very sarcastic and judgmental tone..lol

Why if Daks been so good the last 10 games, Zeke was rushing title, we had Amari and Jarwin etc all seems great, DID SCOT LINEHAN GET FIRED AND ALL THE PEOPLE ARE SO HIGH ON KELLEN?? WHY?????

why did we need the change if it was all going that well??

truly its rhetorical, most know the answer , but consistency from the passing game is needed especially in the bigger games...im not saying it hasn't improved, it has... I mean we started 3-5 ended winning 8 of 10 to end the year with playoff win..that Rams game exposed the issues and hopefully this is the year where we can count on the offense to adjust to any situation and put fear into defenses..

I think it had to do with his play calling. The offense was performing well but it looked like a dated offense and modernizing/changing things up the offense could perform even better.....which is what we saw Sunday. Granted against a terrible defense but that's what good offenses do to bad defenses. Linehan probably would have got us 27-30 points. Moore could have got us 42-49 points, if needed.

Basically Linehan was too conservative and was handcuffing the offense, while Moore is more aggressive and opened things up for Dak.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak likely ever had the best regular season game as a Cowboy qb. I will say a few things, guys were WIDE open. We were playing a defense that lost 3 of their best players from the year prior. If Dak can even be 70% of what he was Sunday we were are in great shape. Dak has been an average quarterback, will he elevate his game, or fall back to inconsistency only time will tell. Stats these days favor the qb more then ever too these days and I doubt that will only be magnified more in time, majority want to see lots of points and big plays.

Well, i'm erring on the side of the offensive scheme making the difference. Same QB but running a different offense more suited to him. The wrs in this offense are running slants and crossing routes we've never seen in a Dallas offense. Sure the Giants aren't the most talented defense, but Dak's played against bad defenses and never played this well. He wasn't dinking it down the field per usual.

Brax

Reaction score
How do you get 4 HOFers? O'Brien isn't in and never will be, I seriously doubt Foles will make it with only 3 starts in their Super Bowl season and nothing note worthy for the rest of his career and Goff hasn't done anything to even be thinking down the road he'll be in and the same with Prescott.
Tongue and cheek, I guess you got my point.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Geno Smith December 28, 2014 New York Jets Miami Dolphins W 37–24 20 25 358 3TD , what does it really mean except he had a great day, lets keep it in perspective it's one game in over 3 seasons it could be just a outlier. I seem to remember a few real clunkers.
Another poster praying for Dak to fail.

Brax

Reaction score
Another poster praying for Dak to fail.
You are wrong and as usual just like your cronies you jump to some unfounded conclusion. I am really impressed you didn't resort to name calling that is your usual MO. , just making a point, one game a career doesn't make. I was nice in saying a a "few real clunkers" wasn't I? What was nice to see is he actually did something in quarter not starting with F.

Proof

Reaction score
Look at Dak's passing stats for last year.

Yards/per
Comp %
QBR (Yes since you want to keep using it, im going to throw it in there)
Passing Yards for Season
Passing Yards Per Game

He is 12-17 in all of those. I think it actually averaged out to be 15th ranking QB. RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE. The pure definition of mediocrity. Yeah go ahead and pay him 40m/yr.

sure, which included the worst stretch of his career. How’s it look from the moment amari arrived?

His numbers spiked significantly, and he’s started this year in similar fashion. Coupled with Gallup’s improvement and a new OC, I think we’re on for a treat. Minus the associated price tag