Daks TD's this year

817Gill

Reaction score

Well.. Quality QB play for cheap, Defense, and quality coaching are the 3 things I see trending for Superbowl winning teams and I don't even know if we have 1 of those things.
We'll have it with Dak for the first 2-3 years of his deal as his cap hit will be in the low to mid 20's. It's up to the organization as a whole to capitalize. But to want to move off is basically a concession to start all over. The best chance of winning with the core we have now is to resign Dak. To excpect us to have a better chance with Bridgewater or a rookie is reaching. The only way I move off Dak is if I'm completely rebuilding, and we are way too deep into the prime of this core to try to start.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Somebody asked about correlations between Dak's play and our won/loss record. Time to take trip down Crazy Lane again.....

Dak has played 64 games.
32 times he's posted a rating below 100.
32 times he's posted a rating above 100.

In the 32 times he's been below 100 the Cowboys are 10 wins and 22 losses, .3125 winning percentage. Those wins are against 6-10 Oakland, 2 wins vs 7-9 Washington, 7-9 Atlanta, 1 against 13-3 Giants, and one vs 5-11 giants, one vs 9-7 Tampa Bay,1 vs 13-3 Philly and one against 7-9 Philly.

In the 32 above 100, the Cowboys record is 30 wins, 2 losses 9375 winning percentage. Those losses came against 13-3 Green Bay, and 10-6 Minnesota.

Make of it what you will. If Prescott is not playing at an elite level the chances of losing rises rapidly.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So Dak threw for 30 TD's this season.

9 of those TD's came in the first 3 weeks against awful teams. (All drafting top 5)

Against teams with a record of .500 or better he threw 11 TD's.

The other 19 came against the weak teams on our schedule and 13 of those 19 came in the first 3 weeks and week 17 against Washington when he threw 4 against a team that was done.

Dallas was also 2-7 against teams with a .500 record or better.

Dak had 4 games this year with no TD passes including our loss to the Jets...

He also had 11 int's... 3 of them came against the teams below .500.. The other 8 came against the teams with a .500 record or better.

He actually had more than 30 as he ran for a few also.

Dak lead the #1 offense in football. Let that embarrassing fact sink in a little...…………………..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Their QB is trash, that'll hinder any offense

And maybe i should've clarified, I consider playcalling and scheme almost the same thing. And I said if playcalling isn't doing the offense any favors its going to present a problem, but it's not the fallback for every offensive mistake.

Ryan Tannenhill is trash. Ryan Fitzpatrick is trash. Yet, other teams seem to be able to get the most out of their offense with trash quarterbacks. No matter how "trash" Mayfield is now...he was rookie of the year and he was the 1st overall pick in the draft.So its easy to call him trash now but a year ago he was the best thing since sliced bread.

InTheZone

Reaction score
He actually had more than 30 as he ran for a few also.

Dak lead the #1 offense in football. Let that embarrassing fact sink in a little...…………………..
that #1 offense was nice when those heavyweight matchups happened...

garyo1954

Reaction score
He ran for one against Miami, 1 against the Jets, and one against Philly. That's all, but that's a few.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
that #1 offense was nice when those heavyweight matchups happened...

I would be more concerned if they didnt dominate bad teams. I didnt expect the offense to go into New England in the rain and dominate. LOL

Who was the joker that expected that?