Video: Dak's uncle discusses family, frustration with media

Status
Not open for further replies.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I didnt see anything wrong with the uncle or what he said.
He has the right to speak his mind, just like we do.

He has a relationship with this guy who does the show, he said he calls him during games sometimes, and this guy may have
invited him to be on his show.

nothing wrong with this at all, just imo.

Zman5

Reaction score
Meh. If Dak's family didn't defend him, same people complaining about them now will be complaining Dak's such a loser even his family don't defend him.

Dre11

Reaction score
I think it's really tacky that his family feels the need to come to his defense like this on public platforms.

Play better, and people will shut up.

No they won't, they'll still complain, the proof is right here on this board.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Stop losing in the first round and I bet all the criticism will end.

Don't sign a contract for 40 million a season and then stop doing your job.

Last edited:

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
_u1X4Q.gif

Dak crying to his family...

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
what people don't understand is that just because you become a millionaire overnight doesn't mean you automatically can ignore negative feedback. Theres people on here who hate when only ONE poster disagrees with them, so imagine thousands/millions of people doing the same.

*Super run-off sentence coming but stay with me

I assume many of us are employed, so imagine you're mostly humble, don't bother anybody, you work hard, harder than everyone else you know, and you become one of the top people at your job, you get a mega pay raise, and then suddenly whenever you make a mistake (at max 15-20 a year), you have to hear a bunch of people talk about how you suck even though 99% of them couldn't do any of the stuff you're capable of doing. Then when you say "whoa why are y'all doing this to me?" they say, "that comes with the job, deal with it. If you didn't want to deal with this, you shouldn't have worked as hard as you did to be in this position".

elcowboi

Reaction score
People in general love to be mad about something including a lot on this site...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
what people don't understand is that just because you become a millionaire overnight doesn't mean you automatically can ignore negative feedback. Theres people on here who hate when only ONE poster disagrees with them, so imagine thousands/millions of people doing the same.

*Super run-off sentence coming but stay with me

I assume many of us are employed, so imagine you're mostly humble, don't bother anybody, you work hard, harder than everyone else you know, and you become one of the top people at your job, you get a mega pay raise, and then suddenly whenever you make a mistake (at max 15-20 a year), you have to hear a bunch of people talk about how you suck even though 99% of them couldn't do any of the stuff you're capable of doing. Then when you say "whoa why are y'all doing this to me?" they say, "that comes with the job, deal with it. If you didn't want to deal with this, you shouldn't have worked as hard as you did to be in this position".
If I was making $40 mil, they could say whatever they want and I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

plymkr

Reaction score
Even if your a dak fan which I’m closer to a fan than a hater based on the definitions here you have to be getting annoyed with his family always publicly bashing fans and or the fan base.

daks a big boy, he gets paid a ton of money to perform every Sunday. When he plays great he’s praised when he plays bad he gets killed it’s the life of a pro player and even more so a Dallas cowboy.
I agree, I really want Dak's family to not call out or use other QBs as examples in defending Dak. Nor do I want his family to call out Dallas Cowboys teammates in defense of Dak. I support them with wanting to support Dak but please stop crossing those 2 boundaries. It makes Dak look weak minded and if you're not a fan of Dak it's fuel to the fire and you're a fan of Dak it's offputting.

bigE79

Reaction score
They only get more and more pathetic.

Hey Unc, my opinion is your nephew's a fraud. Before and after the injury.
Risen,you called this years ago when he was given the job,same with jaylon...I need lottery numbers..lol

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I want to know what his uncles third cousin 4 times removed has to say

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I mean what does he want? That fans and media just fawn all over him, even when he plays poorly?

There is a growing sense of entitlement in sports with these guys. Where they think that because they put on the uniform they should be given whatever they want, treated however they want, be largely free of criticism, etc. The extreme example right now is Ben Simmons in the NBA.

Hey Dak, you are the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. It's one of the most visible positions in all of sports. You had a choice a year ago where you could have just opted to not resign in Dallas and go to another team, maybe a place like Jacksonville where there would be less pressure to win, less media and fan focus, etc.

But you didn't do that. You chose to take the money and play in Dallas. With that comes certain things, one being you are going to get scrutinized and yes, criticized, when you don't play well. Whining about it now, or worse having your family whine about it for you, is just lame.

It just is.
And you know for certain Dak is behind having his family fight for him on social media???

Status
Not open for further replies.