Twitter: Dal-Phi could be playing for 1st place in a month

Aven8

Reaction score
Despite being 7-2, KC has been far from dominating this season - 4 wins by 8 points or less; but they are 4-1 at home
BUF...5-4; started out 3-1, 2-3 since...1-3 away from home
SF...5-3; began season 5-0, currently on a 3-game skid...2-2 road record
Despite all that, Philly’s pass defense is lousy. Most of those teams throw really well. We will see

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The division is done. At best we will share the same division record (5-1) but we lost 3 in the conference where as philly hasnt even lost one yet. That means we are going to have to finish with at least 1 more win than Philly

We had a golden opportunity yesterday and blew it
Conference record isn't until the 4th tie breaker though. Assuming we split, and I'll also assume both teams go undefeated against Washington/NYG the next tie breaker is common opponents, which makes the SF/PHI game crucial. That is where the Cowboys loss to the Cards is so bad, but the Eagles loss to the Jets evens things out. Still possible the Cowboys can win the tiebreaker, its just not an easy path.

Mark

Reaction score
Trying to remain optimistic, I look at it this way: Everyone knows how extremely difficult it is to beat the same team three times in one season. Last night's game in the books, we'll take the next two. ;-)

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe but I think people are overestimating the games Philly will drop. San Fran looks completely beatable now and that game is in Philly and Buffalo looks kind of brutal now as well (again in Philly).

Don't be surprised if they go 2-1 or even 3-0 over the next three (KC is on the road but again KC isn't unbeatable - granted Mahomes could shred their pass D).

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

Possibly......but the Eagles are so good at winning...even if they don't play up to their potential....it just leaves 0 margin of error for us.

Giants....Skins....Panthers. I'm like 75% sure they'll blow one of those games. And it will probably be the one we least expect to happen

HungryLion

Reaction score
Cowboys could also be 5 games back the next time they play.

This team isn’t consistent enough to count any chickens before they hatch.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Philly caught a break with the bye this week. They will be a different team with a week of rest than they would have been playing this upcoming Sunday.

Praxit

Reaction score
....I dont care, we're bring it home.

jerry-jones-cowboys.gif

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Egals are not going to slide. This division belongs to them. We are playing for a Wildcard spot.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m not understanding the whole ‘Philly schedule is tough so we have some sort of advantage’ thing when Dallas has five playoff teams in a row in December. That’s as brutal as I can ever remember.

It’s not over, but barring a complete collapse by Philly, Dallas probably needed to beat them twice, not once. Even if they win the next one, the tiebreaker is likely to come down to conference losses, which Philly currently has none of.

Carson

Reaction score
Not so fast.........lot can happen within the 4-5 games but you're right, we blew an excellent opportunity to control our own destiny.
I just don’t think we can make up enough to cover the rest of the season. Philly would need to lost 3-4 because the end of their schedule guarantees them 3-0 and us 3-0 highly improbable