News: DAL said no to trading Aldon to SEA

Majic

Reaction score
Strong ties to our coaching staff. He will be back.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Meh. It's a dumb call then. I don't give a hoot about winning the NFC LEast. Sure, better than losing, but I wouldn't give up a pick to make it happen.

Whilst of the opinion that the FO cant be seen to give up in such a weak division, I agree with you that any championship is a pyrrhic victory as it will inevitably result in instant elimination in the first round of the play-offs and mean we'll get the 19th(rather than top 5) pick in the draft.

Carson

Reaction score
Meh. It's a dumb call then. I don't give a hoot about winning the NFC LEast. Sure, better than losing, but I wouldn't give up a pick to make it happen.

I think it’s more one of the following

- They plan to resign him
- The comp pick he brings back is greater than what’s being offered

garyv

Reaction score
Just saw in on Good Morning Football that SEA wanted to trade for him but we said no. Wondering if they are thinking about a long term contract with him.

They would have to offer a 3rd Rounder because if he ends up with 10 sacks this year and walks in the off-season most likely we would get a 3rd Round comp pick. Now if someone would off a 3rd rounder I might have to take that and the reason is age and the fact he will cost you to re-sign I would rather have a player I pick in the 3rd Round on a cheap rookie deal.

Rayman70

Reaction score
WHO CARES. It could be his own agent stirring up interest. Now if Seattle is dumb enough to gamble and send us a 3rd for him, I would do that in a heart beat. Not very likely though.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wonder what they were offering? I don't see why we'd keep him around.
Jerry is delusional is why. He think he caught lighning in a bottle and wants it for himself, on the cheap. What he fails to understand is WE ARE IN NEED OF PICKS.

Section446

Reaction score
Jerry is delusional is why. He think he caught lighning in a bottle and wants it for himself, on the cheap. What he fails to understand is WE ARE IN NEED OF PICKS.
If he was five years younger, I might be excited, but this feels like a situation where we'll overpay big and he'll fall off as soon as he gets paid... I would have rather got something for him in this lost year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

We'll get a good comp pick for ASmith. Seahawks probably just aren't offering any premium on that.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Aldon's play has fallen off a cliff IMO. He is also slow as molasses. He is powerful as hell but his lack of explosion hampers our defense, imo.

I would have traded him. He is a progress stopper...
“Progress stopper”, Lmao

fishspill

Reaction score
They may have done it because they thought it was best for him to stay in a stable environment. They may even have asked him his thoughts on leaving. You never know with Jerry because he answers to no man.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Don't know what Seattle was offering of course, but right off hand I'm glad we kept Aldon.