News: DAL said no to trading Aldon to SEA

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The guy hasn't made a play in weeks. If we are being honest, Aldon Smith of late has been as bad as anyone in the front seven. He hasn't gotten much pressure, and is a no show against the run.
If he wasn't the only guy offenses were worried about, I'm sure he'd be making more plays.

mathew1184

Reaction score
I would have traded him for a 4th. I dont think we will be a contender for awhile. Alden knows that to, no guarantee he re signs with us right now.

I hope I'm wrong, we'll see.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Aldon is the best player on defense and he hasn't played in 5 years. He's depressed..we all see what he can do. I keep him just to stick it to Seattle unless it was a 3rd round pick, it wasn't.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The guy hasn't made a play in weeks. If we are being honest, Aldon Smith of late has been as bad as anyone in the front seven. He hasn't gotten much pressure, and is a no show against the run.
Waiting for players to start texting pre snap

tico

Reaction score
Then sit the boy down and extend him... don't fumble like they did Quinn

cern

Reaction score
The nfce is so bad, the cowboys brass still has hope we can win the east and make the playoffs. Ergo, smith stays.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Just saw in on Good Morning Football that SEA wanted to trade for him but we said no. Wondering if they are thinking about a long term contract with him.

Maybe holding out for more. I don't see the money to sign him.

Thing is, he probably brings a good comp pick anyway. Hard to get more than the comp pick, although a trade gives it to us a year early.

I don't see how we can sign him with Lawrence under contract.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The nfce is so bad, the cowboys brass still has hope we can win the east and make the playoffs. Ergo, smith stays.

Meh. It's a dumb call then. I don't give a hoot about winning the NFC LEast. Sure, better than losing, but I wouldn't give up a pick to make it happen.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Dallas will probably extend him and his play will decline. We will look back at this offer and hit our heads. I’m very negative Nancy right now

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Can't image it was any better than a 5th, considering he hasn't done anything recently. But who knows. He might have shown Jerry enough to break the bank on him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Anybody know what the offer was?

I would have done the trade for a 3rd or 4th rounder.............anything below that and the Seabags can suck it.