Dale Hanson has no ego...

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Rcaldw...Hansen was "thrown" a piece of breaking news about the World Series being won by the Cardinals from the news anchor (John), and an irritated Henson basically said he didn't know anything about it and threw it back to John. Then an uncomfortable John McCaa sent the newscast back into another commerical.

Quite clearly, Hanson thought this sports item should have been solely handled by him, being the sports anchor and all. Instead, it appears the news producer wanted to use it as a "breaking news" lead-in and have it passed to Hanson.

Hanson then came back after the break and asked "Why am I here" before talking about the World Series and how low the ratings were.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Waffle;1153256 said:
Rcaldw...Hansen was "thrown" a piece of breaking news about the World Series being won by the Cardinals from the news anchor (John), and an irritated Henson basically said he didn't know anything about it and threw it back to John. Then an uncomfortable John sent the newscast into another commerical.

Quite clearly, Hanson thought this sports item should have been solely handled by him, being the sports anchor and all. Instead, it appears the news producer wanted to use it as a "breaking news" lead-in and have it passed to Hanson.

Hanson then came back after the break and asked "Why am I here" before talking about the World Series and how low the ratings were.

Ah, gotcha Waff. Similar to what I surmized by I see it more clearly now.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1153205 said:
Not me, Norm Hitzges is one of the most respected Radio personalities in the Metroplex even though alot of people think he is "old fashion".

The guy goes on rants and tangents, but as far as his knowledge and history of Football, Baseball, and Horse Racing is really unquestioned.

I would love to see Norm in for stupid Jen Engel.

- Mike G.

But Norm's East Coast accent makes me puke.
Other than that, he's a so-so analyst/sportscaster.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Can somebody explain why Daley Boy was miffed and peeved? Because he was not ready? Because the Series was low-rated?
I don't understand. Is there some background someone can share re this video clip?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1153534 said:
Can somebody explain why Daley Boy was miffed and peeved? Because he was not ready? Because the Series was low-rated?
I don't understand. Is there some background someone can share re this video clip?

He was upset because the producer wanted the lead newscaster to introduce the story as "Breaking news Cards win the world series" and In Dale Hansens eyes only he is allowed to talk about sports. So when the lead anchor did his job, Hansen threw a hissy

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He was unprofessional, but at least he has Tuna's number.

jbsg02

Reaction score
I heard him try to explain himself on ESPN radio before i saw this clip. I didn't realize how bad he comes off until i saw that clip.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
jbsg02;1153652 said:
I heard him try to explain himself on ESPN radio before i saw this clip. I didn't realize how bad he comes off until i saw that clip.

How could he possibly defend this? You hung out not only your producers, but your fellow reporters to dry.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
how did Dale Spin it on the radio?

I know why he left The Ticket. They fired him because he sucked, wined like an old woman (that voice,,, AAAAAHHHHH), and everyone (including myself) changed the channel to something else for that two hours a week.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Guys like Hansen love to smash people like TO for being selfish, he needs to take a look in the mirror.