Dallas 2007

dannyboy

Reaction score
I personally dont think we are that far away. Our offense overall has played well, but the line needs to be addressed, keeping in mind that we have Players(Rivera) that would be tough to release due to contracts. The Defense should change to a 4-3-4 and I feel we have the players that can do it, but we need to add more of a pass rush(i.e. Freeney)

Here is what I came up with

QB – Romo, Free Agent
FB - Hoyt
RB - JJ, Barber, Thompson
WR - Owens, Glenn, Crayton, Austin. Hurd
TE - Witten, Hannam, Fassano

LT – Flo, Fabini, Mc
LG – Kosier, Draft Pick
C – Guorde, Johnson
RG – Rivera, Justin Blalock, OG/OT Texas
RT – Columbo, Draft Pick

DE - Ellis, Hatcher
DE – Freeney, Spears
DT - Ferguson, Montavious Stanley
DT – Canty, Ratliff

OLB – Ware, Carpenter
MLB – James, Draft Pick
OLB – Ayodele, Burdett

CB - Tnew, Reeves
CB - Henry, Glenn, Draft Pick
SS - Roy, Elam
FS - Watkins, Davis, Draft Pick

P- McBriar
K- Martin
DS- LeDouce

Free Agents
DE- Dwight Freeney
QB

Draft
1st Round Pick Justin Blalock, OG/OT Texas
2nd Round Pick FS
3rd Round Pick OT
4th Round Pick CB
5th Round Pick LB
6th Round Pick LB
7th Round Pick OG

The possibilty of rushing 4 lineman, including Freeney, and either Ware or Ayodele or both blitzing would be amazing.

Thoughts?

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
dannyboy;1266876 said:
I personally dont think we are that far away. Our offense overall has played well, but the line needs to be addressed, keeping in mind that we have Players(Rivera) that would be tough to release due to contracts. The Defense should change to a 4-3-4 and I feel we have the players that can do it, but we need to add more of a pass rush(i.e. Freeney)

Here is what I came up with

QB – Romo, Free Agent
FB - Hoyt
RB - JJ, Barber, Thompson
WR - Owens, Glenn, Crayton, Austin. Hurd
TE - Witten, Hannam, Fassano

LT – Flo, Fabini, Mc
LG – Kosier, Draft Pick
C – Guorde, Johnson
RG – Rivera, Justin Blalock, OG/OT Texas
RT – Columbo, Draft Pick

DE - Ellis, Hatcher
DE – Freeney, Spears
DT - Ferguson, Montavious Stanley
DT – Canty, Ratliff

OLB – Ware, Carpenter
MLB – James, Draft Pick
OLB – Ayodele, Burdett

CB - Tnew, Reeves
CB - Henry, Glenn, Draft Pick
SS - Roy, Elam
FS - Watkins, Davis, Draft Pick

P- McBriar
K- Martin
DS- LeDouce

Free Agents
DE- Dwight Freeney
QB

Draft
1st Round Pick Justin Blalock, OG/OT Texas
2nd Round Pick FS
3rd Round Pick OT
4th Round Pick CB
5th Round Pick LB
6th Round Pick LB
7th Round Pick OG

The possibilty of rushing 4 lineman, including Freeney, and either Ware or Ayodele or both blitzing would be amazing.

Thoughts?

Maybe we arent that far off personell wise, but we are in another galaxy (and it is a bad galaxy far far away) when it comes to management, coaching, drafting, scheme, attitude, and character (get rid of the Volital T.O. that will help the character issue nearly 100%).

cbfan55

Reaction score
superpunk;1268127 said:
I think I haven't given up on 2006, yet. ;)

I right there with you. It is still very possible that we could make it, I havent given up hope yet & I never will :cool:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cbfan55;1268143 said:
I right there with you. It is still very possible that we could make it, I havent given up hope yet & I never will :cool:

Myself. The off-season is always long I'm going to enjoy the remainder of the season and hope by Boys can bounce back and make a run in the playoffs. Even if we are considered a long shot at this point it is better than no shot. :laugh2:

hendog

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1268154 said:
Myself. The off-season is always long I'm going to enjoy the remainder of the season and hope by Boys can bounce back and make a run in the playoffs. Even if we are considered a long shot at this point it is better than no shot. :laugh2:

I agree. IMO - we match up well with Seattle and Chicago. If we could somehow win those 2 then who knows in the nfc championship. Any given Sunday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
hendog;1268166 said:
I agree. IMO - we match up well with Seattle and Chicago. If we could somehow win those 2 then who knows in the nfc championship. Any given Sunday.

I think if we can get back to playing decent football again we can compete against any of the teams in the playoffs. If we continue to play as we have lately we will not win against any of them.

Aikbach

Reaction score
If Dallas doesn't pull it together I think you have given the roster's supposed talent too much credit. The 91 Cowboys had a pourous defense that was embarassed many times throughout the season with the final insult coming at the hands of Barry Sanders in the divisional playoffs but they also had a prolific offense that didn't take every other week off.

I'll wait and see with a slim margin of hope because I'm loyal to a fault but the realist in me has had his hopes dashed perpetually by this team and is beginning to grow callous to their cause.

Aikbach

Reaction score
cbfan55;1268235 said:
I want that 6th Trophy Bad, as Im sure everyone here does!
At the present rate it appears San francisco is more likely to obtain it before Dallas.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Aikbach;1268238 said:
At the present rate it appears San francisco is more likely to obtain it before Dallas.

???

We are in the playoffs.

San fran is where?

Aikbach

Reaction score
zrinkill;1268239 said:
???

We are in the playoffs.

San fran is where?
A frustrated commentary on progress, naturally it was said for pure pessimistic affect on the reader, at least the Niners have progressed over the last couple of seasons while Dallas has stayed stagnant.

The Niners may yet still join the playoff farris wheel in light of the topsy turvy and often inept NFC.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1268172 said:
I think if we can get back to playing decent football again we can compete against any of the teams in the playoffs. If we continue to play as we have lately we will not win against any of them.

That pretty much sums it up right there. Before the Saints game Dallas was a legitimate contender although still with some serious pass rush issues, but since the Saints game we are horrible. Yes horrible. Play like that all season long and you win five games tops.

Which team will show up in the playoffs is the question.

Cliff

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;1268239 said:
???

We are in the playoffs.

San fran is where?

a short stones throw from our pathetic 10-6 (assuming) tally....

frank gore, 'nuff said

Aikbach

Reaction score
gbrittain;1268249 said:
That pretty much sums it up right there. Before the Saints game Dallas was a legitimate contender although still with some serious pass rush issues, but since the Saints game we are horrible. Yes horrible. Play like that all season long and you win five games tops.

Which team will show up in the playoffs is the question.
The team was demoralized and maybe even shellshocked and the young players have not responded and the veterans have not gotten the ball enough or have proven they are no longer game breakers in the clutch, either way it ain't pretty.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CliffHarris;1268255 said:
a short stones throw from our pathetic 10-6 (assuming) tally....

frank gore, 'nuff said

people seem to forget that the Niners were supposed to be on the brink like 3 times since we last won a Super bowl .....

They have had an up and down climb and fall for years just like us.

But I believe we have more young talent than they do ...... just an increasingly incompetent coaching staff.