Dallas Cowboys 2025 Salary Cap Situation

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah KC is just a different animal right now. Honestly most of their recent free agent acquisitions haven't worked out all that well either. KC has had their own contract issues (Hill/Chris Jones) but overall they've made it work. The bulk of their roster construction success comes in drafting well, which aligns with how the Cowboys run their team too.

I wish it were longer but Belichick did an interview on the Pat Mcafee show a few days ago and started to hit on the subject of current contracts in the NFL. One thing that really stuck out to me is he said that its so much easier to navigate every other contract on the team when the QB has their contract situation figured out. I'm not saying that in a blame Dak way so I hope no one takes it that way, but it certainly looks to be a primary difference in these two teams right now. The Cowboys are really struggling to get their QB contract under control which I would assume is having a ripple effect to some extent on the Lamb situation and even once its resolved the structure of that deal could be the difference in signing a guy like Bland for example. KC on the other hand had some cap decisions to make when Mahomes first signed and Hill was a casualty of that, but since then really havent had any major hurdles other than the Chris Jones hold out.
Yes and even the 49ers are having a Trent brown and Brandon Ayuk problem it's a league problem not a Cowboys problem but yes I'm just saying that not every team is aggressive like the eagles the Niners and the Rams did it once just once most teams don't do that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How they choose to use that cap space means everything. You can buy 1 car for 50k. Or you can buy five 50k cars by putting 10k down on each. Same money spent, 5 times the product. The Cowboys lean towards the 1 car approach. This isn't an opinion, they've said as much in regard to spending towards the future.
they tend to not buy 50K cars. they tend to buy 10K cars to fill the roster

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
you mean scraping the bottom of the barrell approach? all in. as in all the way into the bottom of the barrell
Yeah I'm really not opposed to either of those moves, but it amazes me that people think we just acquired two pro bowl players on the interior. This is a guy in Joseph who has had a great career, but is in his mid 30s and shown signs of decline for multiple season. The only real hope here is that he can somewhat turn back the clock with limited snaps. You also have Phillips who is a monster of a human being, but commanded less than $2M in free agency and couldn't make the Giants roster. This team just upgraded the position, but it got upgraded not because they acquired great players, but because the depth was so bad that replacement level rotational guys was an actual upgrade.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The Chiefs are also not afraid to move on from players too. They traded Tyreek Hill for a draft haul. They also have a QB who gave them about as team friendly of a deal that you could ask for.
In the next 36 months no player will be paid as much as Mahomes will be. The contract is a smart one, but it is a lucrative one for Mahomes. Deservedly so.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yes and even the 49ers are having a Trent brown and Brandon Ayuk problem it's a league problem not a Cowboys problem but yes I'm just saying that not every team is aggressive like the eagles the Niners and the Rams did it once just once most teams don't do that.
When Jerry Jones sees the issues other teams are having signing top players critical to their team’s success shouldn’t it encourage him to get his top players signed sooner than later? Parsons is eligible for an extension right now. This time next year will Micah have to take a page out of Lamb’s book in regard to going into his fifth year without an extension? Some teams go to their players with two years left on their deals, and not just rookie deals, and seek an extension to avoid the kind of angst like SF with Aiyuk and Cincy with Chase.

These top receivers, who’ll all be forced to play at some point this season on their existing deals, will do so in poor humor. They will not be pleased with their situation. All of their teammates aware of the situation will have to consider their own status with the team. No good can come of contentious contract issues with star players. Dak overtly maneuvered himself into his current contract status. He’s happy. CeeDee isn’t happy. Micah has a front row seat to all of this. These guys are important. And Jerry is waiting for leaves to fall. All this is not necessary.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
In the next 36 months no player will be paid as much as Mahomes will be. The contract is a smart one, but it is a lucrative one for Mahomes. Deservedly so.
Right now its lucrative, but its still a $45M average through 2031 at the end of the day. Perfect example of a guy who is going to make a ton of money, but still give his team some cap flex. Itll be interesting to see if he goes back and asked for more money once that paycheck is back in the $20M range.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak is already on the books for $40m or so next year. Parsons extension won't hit until 2026.

The idea that the Cowboys have any cap difficulties right now is totally a lie.
Jerry may be the best gaslighter on the planet...."Im trying, really i am, you know we have to stay under the cap." remind who put the cap in place so he could gaslight his fans again...its almost as good as listening to the people here say "Jerry sucks at building a team" in one thread then literally jummping for joy he is about to rebuild this team...lol

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Jerry may be the best gaslighter on the planet...."Im trying, really i am, you know we have to stay under the cap." remind who put the cap in place so he could gaslight his fans again...its almost as good as listening to the people here say "Jerry sucks at building a team" in one thread then literally jummping for joy he is about to rebuild this team...lol
Lol

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Right now its lucrative, but its still a $45M average through 2031 at the end of the day. Perfect example of a guy who is going to make a ton of money, but still give his team some cap flex. Itll be interesting to see if he goes back and asked for more money once that paycheck is back in the $20M range.
Well, you know how fans know Dak isn’t Mahomes? Dak knows it, too. For Jerry it’s “take it or leave it” with Dak. The problem for the Cowboys is Dak Prescott is fine with that. In fact, he and his agent planned for this moment. The moment has arrived. If Jerry Jones released Dak now and said we’re going with Trey Lance as our starting quarterback that would be strong. I do not believe Jerry has that kind of courage.

Flamma

Reaction score
But if Lamb/Dak combined for a $40M cap hit next year it wouldn't even cut into the $68M available number as Dak already has $40M for next year already factored into the equation. If Micah counts $15M next year thats already $6M less than that what is currently accounted for in that $68M available number.

If these new deals get done then we have to start with a number larger than $68M in available cap space as you'll have to recalculate for the $61M cap hits against Micah/Dak for next year as those would at least partially get pushed down the road.

If we factor out these two cap hits for 2024 you have to start with not $68M but $129M in available cap space and then start accounting for what Lamb/Dak/Parsons take up. So you may be pretty close with that $55M number but it would really be $55m out of $129M in available space.

I apologize if I'm missing something and making this 10x harder than it needs to be, but this is exactly I'm seeing from the data.
I see what you're saying. They already account for 61M and they are still 68M under the cap. So even if they were 55M combined, it wouldn't even put a dent into that 68M. Good catch, I was too lazy to consider that.

There is something else to consider. Will Dak be a 55M cap hit this year if they give him an extension? If not, some of that will be pushed to 2025 as well. On top of the 40M.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know many aren't happy with the way the off season went this year. And there are obviously still 3 big name players wanting new deals and more to come quickly.

With that in mind, taking a look at a year from now the 2025 salary cap situation for the Cowboys paints an interesting picture.

As of right now the Cowboys will have $68,164,375 in cap space available. The 5th most in the NFL.

Get your popcorn ready.
Thank you for you thoughts! This is very encouraging....

Flamma

Reaction score
they tend to not buy 50K cars. they tend to buy 10K cars to fill the roster
LOL they go to the dollar tree. They're billionaires, I don't think they can relate well to the workforce. Just because you accept low pay, doesn't mean you're motivated. That's what worries me. Too many players at or close to league minimum. It's like a workforce of minimum wage employees. Low intensity.

kskboys

Reaction score
I know many aren't happy with the way the off season went this year. And there are obviously still 3 big name players wanting new deals and more to come quickly.

With that in mind, taking a look at a year from now the 2025 salary cap situation for the Cowboys paints an interesting picture.

As of right now the Cowboys will have $68,164,375 in cap space available. The 5th most in the NFL.

Get your popcorn ready.
Sure, but that's before paying Dak/Lamb/Parsons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
With this team there always is.
You know it truly seems like that and I can agree that from all appearances that is what it looks like drama however let me be honest with you it's content creating oversaturation of social media regular media places like this and the fan base with the self-entitled, impatient everything has to be done on their timeline because they haven't been done yet drama is created because of the constant post on a daily basis when there's no new news there shouldn't be constant new posts about the same thing we don't NEED news about news that hasn't happened,

we don't need to be reminded on a daily basis that there's a guys around the league are either holding out or holding in and they're in contract disputes, if there's no new movement there's no reason to keep talking about it but the dramas created by the fan base which 70% of the media nowadays the social media you know content creators create this drama on purpose it's called clickbait and the reason the Cowboys are at the top of that list because of the most popular team on earth along with say the Lakers maybe the Yankees at one point I mean this this happens you use the team to get people to come talk about subjects you know will get more ratings or clickbait or whatever it is you want to call it they just use the Dallas Cowboys name..

So here we are but in my opinion there isn't as any more drama here than anywhere else it's just at the top of all daily news so it makes it seem like that because they're using the Dallas Cowboys to create drama that's not there this happens this is not about the fans since when his contracts become a fan thing we're worried about how much a guy makes or doesn't make constantly 24 hours a day seven days a week 365 days a year talking about sports now there's too much of it therefore it's gonna seem dramatic but this stuff happened back in the day but nobody was following around our players like TMZ and other paparazzi and things like that that these people living under a microscope just like Jerry Jones and the teams now are literally you can't say anything even if it's taken out of context it blows up so fast it starts to become believable false narrative spreading all around..​

Case in point,

Jerry has these things stuck in his face, sure he could say no comment but on a daily basis you all say Jerry needs to stop talking, why is Jerry always in the media ,

NO, the media is in Jerry's face, the media practically lives at the Star, just like they did at the ranch.. they were radio stations created because of the Super Bowl in the 90s from the Cowboys yes 105 the fan was created it was called something else back then, because of the Cowboys this is a problem now because it's just so abundant the stories just get out of control.. He was misquoted he literally didn't mean anything by saying that lambs contract wasn't urgent, it blew up.. First of all, he never said that they asked him the question and his simple answer was, no , but the actual question was is there any urgency to get lamb's contract done before training camp ends... Literally a lot of that's left out like he just walked up to the cameras and says lambs aren't important we don't give a **** about his contract... that's not what he said he literally simplest answer was no ,hey asked him the question he answered no ,and he was right why is there any urgency to get it done before camp breaks I mean that didn't mean he wasn't going to try to get it done before the season starts but they literally put the caveat in there and said the word camp breaks..

And before anybody can even analyze it or know the truth behind it it becomes a fireball that is what happens here it became drama that didn't need to be it's no different than what's going on in San Francisco with Brandon iuke and nobody's really reporting anything going on with jamar chase even though he's a hold in he might not play games this year that doesn't seem to be a story because it's not the Dallas Cowboys same thing with Hassan Reddick it's barely mentioned that he went over there and now he's holding out and the fact that they got rid of Matthew Judeon in New England instead of paying him but will he get paid I don't know but there sure isn't a whole lot of talk about any of those guys on the same level of the dallas cowboys.

So you are correct things to be get your popcorn ready is a thing ,but it's created by the fan base themselves and the fake media and sometimes the real media you you realize how much the Dallas Cowboys mentions on a daily basis on all the shows anything even the non sports show somehow find a way to talk about the Cowboys because it gets ratings and it seems like drama but it's not it's created it's not real..

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
$68m in cap space you say? So, the Jones will spend $8m and pocket the other $60m. Business as usual

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You know it truly seems like that and I can agree that from all appearances that is what it looks like drama however let me be honest with you it's content creating oversaturation of social media regular media places like this and the fan base with the self-entitled, impatient everything has to be done on their timeline because they haven't been done yet drama is created because of the constant post on a daily basis when there's no new news there shouldn't be constant new posts about the same thing we don't NEED news about news that hasn't happened,

we don't need to be reminded on a daily basis that there's a guys around the league are either holding out or holding in and they're in contract disputes, if there's no new movement there's no reason to keep talking about it but the dramas created by the fan base which 70% of the media nowadays the social media you know content creators create this drama on purpose it's called clickbait and the reason the Cowboys are at the top of that list because of the most popular team on earth along with say the Lakers maybe the Yankees at one point I mean this this happens you use the team to get people to come talk about subjects you know will get more ratings or clickbait or whatever it is you want to call it they just use the Dallas Cowboys name..

So here we are but in my opinion there isn't as any more drama here than anywhere else it's just at the top of all daily news so it makes it seem like that because they're using the Dallas Cowboys to create drama that's not there this happens this is not about the fans since when his contracts become a fan thing we're worried about how much a guy makes or doesn't make constantly 24 hours a day seven days a week 365 days a year talking about sports now there's too much of it therefore it's gonna seem dramatic but this stuff happened back in the day but nobody was following around our players like TMZ and other paparazzi and things like that that these people living under a microscope just like Jerry Jones and the teams now are literally you can't say anything even if it's taken out of context it blows up so fast it starts to become believable false narrative spreading all around..​

Case in point,

Jerry has these things stuck in his face, sure he could say no comment but on a daily basis you all say Jerry needs to stop talking, why is Jerry always in the media ,

NO, the media is in Jerry's face, the media practically lives at the Star, just like they did at the ranch.. they were radio stations created because of the Super Bowl in the 90s from the Cowboys yes 105 the fan was created it was called something else back then, because of the Cowboys this is a problem now because it's just so abundant the stories just get out of control.. He was misquoted he literally didn't mean anything by saying that lambs contract wasn't urgent, it blew up.. First of all, he never said that they asked him the question and his simple answer was, no , but the actual question was is there any urgency to get lamb's contract done before training camp ends... Literally a lot of that's left out like he just walked up to the cameras and says lambs aren't important we don't give a **** about his contract... that's not what he said he literally simplest answer was no ,hey asked him the question he answered no ,and he was right why is there any urgency to get it done before camp breaks I mean that didn't mean he wasn't going to try to get it done before the season starts but they literally put the caveat in there and said the word camp breaks..

And before anybody can even analyze it or know the truth behind it it becomes a fireball that is what happens here it became drama that didn't need to be it's no different than what's going on in San Francisco with Brandon iuke and nobody's really reporting anything going on with jamar chase even though he's a hold in he might not play games this year that doesn't seem to be a story because it's not the Dallas Cowboys same thing with Hassan Reddick it's barely mentioned that he went over there and now he's holding out and the fact that they got rid of Matthew Judeon in New England instead of paying him but will he get paid I don't know but there sure isn't a whole lot of talk about any of those guys on the same level of the dallas cowboys.

So you are correct things to be get your popcorn ready is a thing ,but it's created by the fan base themselves and the fake media and sometimes the real media you you realize how much the Dallas Cowboys mentions on a daily basis on all the shows anything even the non sports show somehow find a way to talk about the Cowboys because it gets ratings and it seems like drama but it's not it's created it's not real..
No one posting here devotes as many words to the “drama” as you.

CCBoy

Reaction score
In which we won't do much with but will talk that we're going to do moves. Nobody is inspired by this knowing how your buddies Jerry and Stephen are!! :huh:
I'm not crying over three top shelf and All Pro Shelf players.