News: Dallas Cowboys: 3 potential second-year stars to watch

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Armstrong projected as young but with pass rushing speed and talent. He projects and is competitive now. He will be pushed in camp.

Wilson was injured most of last season. He was highly productive while in college. He comes with talent, and again, being pushed by the intense competition in the wide receivers group.

Schultz, came along strongly the second half of the season. He has some talent, and time with Jason Witten will be well spent...not so unreasonable a projection.

This group projects potential and an observation point for OT's and Training Camp I like the focus presented...:popcorn:

I like all three players. There are just other guys I'm more interested in who I thought might be on the list.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you don't want discussions as to people having to strongly invest in heart...then just take this que and shut up. Move on with the Dixie dumpster routine...

You never discussed beyond stating a personal doubt. That is on your agenda list....not talking about the players.

Show how any of these players DON'T merit a look!

LOL...…….so its actually you that starts the insults. Interesting.

My doubts are with your confusing thread. Nothing more, nothing less.

I may like some of these players, but to say they will be breakout stars this year is nothing short of ridiculous.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
:lmao2:Mid day....know what a 17 hour work day is?

What a piece of work...run along now.:popcorn:

What does a work day have to do with it being in the middle of the afternoon? Drunk on the job already? LOL

CCBoy

Reaction score
I like all three players. There are just other guys I'm more interested in who I thought might be on the list.
I liked the OP because it highlighted players not in focus, but who could actually develop and present valid contributors in the future. Competition in this upcoming Camp will push the envelope and this can open some eyes as to intensity levels that will occur in California and Dallas.

If one doesn't at least look, then he can miss a lot of the underlying elements forging a Championship Team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I liked the OP because it highlighted players not in focus, but who could actually develop and present valid contributors in the future. Competition in this upcoming Camp will push the envelope and this can open some eyes as to intensity levels that will occur in California and Dallas.

If one doesn't at least look, then he can miss a lot of the underlying elements forging a Championship Team.

CCBoy quote: "but who could actually develop and present valid contributors in the future"

Your thread title: 3 potential second-year stars to watch

Laid out in this obvious and comparative way for you, do you see any HUGE differences is the message of your title and your opinion?

CCBoy

Reaction score
CCBoy quote: "but who could actually develop and present valid contributors in the future"

Your thread title: 3 potential second-year stars to watch

Laid out in this obvious and comparative way for you, do you see any HUGE differences is the message of your title and your opinion?

No, I was developing topic, and potential stars is valid. They have to grow. What, you prefer to deal with a talent such as Tony Dorsett, that the Cowboys traded a first round and three second round picks to acquire?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, I was developing topic, and potential stars is valid. They have to grow. What, you prefer to deal with a talent such as Tony Dorsett, that the Cowboys traded a first round and three second round picks to acquire?

This conversation is over. You went way overboard with the insults and cursing. Not worth my time.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This conversation is over. You went way overboard with the insults and cursing. Not worth my time.

So long...enjoy your trolling. For the record, you can't carry a real discussion.

As to cursing, grow up, that was a common expression in the Army when a soldier merely displayed an 'attitude.'

Kaiser

Reaction score
Schultz is interesting.. He should be getting good reps backing up Witten while hopefully picking up on his Vet presence..

Wilson would have to have an unbelievable camp/preseason to crack the rotation we have some quality WRs

Armstrong like Joe Jack I think have the chance to slip into the rotation and really give us quality reps to help with the possible Gregory suspension

I'm still pretty mehh on Schultz but if he turns into a better version of James Hanna for a 4th round pick, I'll be happy. Wilson is still a wildcard and could be a player or could be cut.

Armstrong is the guy I'm high on, I think he is going to earn significant reps this year. The main issue with him is that you never want to take DLaw off the field, and Armstrong will be his main backup.

Kaiser

Reaction score
So long...enjoy your trolling. For the record, you can't carry a real discussion.

As to cursing, grow up, that was a common expression in the Army when a soldier merely displayed an 'attitude.'

Its funny because I have 10 - 12 people on Ignore and 90% of the time, I can tell which one of them is trolling by the replies to them by good posters.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I totally forgot about Schultz. With Jarwin having a great game against the Giants.
I'm kinda impatient when it comes to these players developing but it really would be fun to see some training camp battles. Ithought Wilson was showing some flashes last year until he got hurt.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I totally forgot about Schultz. With Jarwin having a great game against the Giants.
I'm kinda impatient when it comes to these players developing but it really would be fun to see some training camp battles. Ithought Wilson was showing some flashes last year until he got hurt.

But can you agree that its unlikely for any of those 3 players to make the pro bowl THIS year correct?

CCBoy

Reaction score
To say the least. Non-starting stars sounds crazy. Backup stars.

Myself, I look for the heart and talent displayed...not names given. Did you know that Emmitt Smith ran like a 4.7 forty time, but was Hall of Fame when on - the- field. The Cowboys were trying for a linebacker, when they traded up a few slots to pick Emmitt.

Labels are a stereotype...not a final view of the player.

The label backup star, reveals the degree that could evolve...that is a potential only.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Who said breakout star? I’ll take them just starting.

CCBoy thread title: 3 potential second-year stars to watch

This was also the last line in his thread: Here are three second-year Cowboys who have the potential to breakout in 2019...