Dallas Cowboys are the youngest team in the NFL; when will youth movement pay off?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
just because you are young wont make u a contender you have to have really good coaching to go along with that and the young players have to have talent and be the right players

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
just because you are young wont make u a contender you have to have really good coaching to go along with that and the young players have to have talent and be the right players

If I remember correctly, Jimmy won 2 super bowls with either the youngest team in the NFL, or one that was close to being the youngest. The problem now is Garrett is not Jimmy. Nor will he ever be.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Grackles crack me up with their sounds, funny when you see them with a cigarette butt hanging out of their mouthes

Most annoying animals I can imagine. They can infest an entire tree or yard and be so loud a person can’t sleep or relax.

bandfan

Reaction score
Billy Beane, general manager of MLB’s Oakland A’s and protagonist of Michael Lewis’s Moneyball, described the issue succinctly in an interview with the Financial Times a while back.

”Nothing strangulates a sports club more than having older players on long contracts,” explains Beane, “As they become older, the risk of injury becomes exponential. It’s less costly to bring [on] a young player. If it doesn’t work, you can go and find the next guy, and the next guy. The downside risk is lower, and the upside much higher.”

To me this says that it is better to lose cheaply than succeed expensively..........

Jipper

Reaction score
Most annoying animals I can imagine. They can infest an entire tree or yard and be so loud a person can’t sleep or relax.

But great for target practice with a variety of non lethal weapons

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Last time we had the youngest team in the league we won a championship. But I wouldn’t dare compare this team with 1992.