Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings Postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Game was cut away to the more "competitive" Bengals/Steelers contest. This particular Cowboys fan would prefer seeing Dallas winning by 70+ points before ever thinking about switching to another game. And it had to be Pittsburgh too, one of the three teams I detest in the NFL.
Short sheeted by the NFL front office and the 'Stealers' again.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is a fan forum. Nothing anybody posts here make any difference.

It can make a difference to some fans because a few take to heart everything they read. This is what leads to personal attacks and heated arguments.

Zman5

Reaction score
It can make a difference to some fans because a few take to heart everything they read. This is what leads to personal attacks.

I'm talking about difference to the team. Noone can control how someone here feels about what someone else posts. You could post "It's a sunny day" and that could tick off someone.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
great win.The vikings looked terrible after they played an amazing game against the Bills.

This is why overreaction to a loss or a win is stupid. This isn't college ball where some teams are guaranteed to win pretty much every week. Every NFL game is somewhat of a question mark depending on how the teams involved in it play. We lose to the Packers, but blow out the Vikings. Eagles almost lose to the Colts. Giants do lose to the Lions. It would be nice if fans would stop overreacting, but I know it's not going to happen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm talking about difference to the team. Noone can control how someone here feels about what someone else posts. You could post "It's a sunny day" and that could tick off someone.

most players don’t come to boards like this. It’s all about the fans and a lot of fans take the heart what’s posted. Whether it’s posts by other fans or posts by media members.

Zman5

Reaction score
most players don’t come to boards like this. It’s all about the fans and a lot of fans take the heart what’s posted. Whether it’s posts by other fans or posts by media members.

That's why I said it doesn't make a difference to the team what the fans post.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's why I said it doesn't make a difference to the team what the fans post.

It makes a difference to some players because they read the tweets and have gotten fed up and quit Twitter because of it. They may not come to these boards, but they’re on Twitter. Trevon Diggs got tired of being persecuted by fans during the offseason due to his coverage and got off Twitter.

gimmesix

Reaction score
We could have been screwed by the refs if Maher didn't make that second try field goal .

I'll give them that one because I thought at least illegal contact should have been called against Diggs on the end zone throw to Jefferson in the first quarter. Of course, Minny also had Schultz's arm pinned on our end zone throw in the first quarter.

Zman5

Reaction score
It makes a difference to some players because they read the tweets and have gotten fed up and quit Twitter because of it. Trevon Diggs got tired of being persecuted by fans during the offseason due to his coverage and got off Twitter.

LOL. If a fan twit affects their play, they need to find another type of work.

gimmesix

Reaction score
When the Cowboys lost to Denver last season, they bounced back and beat Atlanta 40-3 only to become inconsistent after that. Hopefully we can maintain the intensity we displayed today the remainder of the season.

Atlanta was a bad team, though. Minnesota presumably is not.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Huh? There is no excuse for not whipping a Giants team originally thin on talent and after today now absolutely decimated by injuries. On a short week. When they have to travel and we are at home.

Ummm ... we have to travel too because they make us play a road game now before we host Thanksgiving to make it "fair" for our opponents.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Atlanta was a bad team, though. Minnesota presumably is not.

Well, hopefully we didn’t shoot off all our ammo in this game and have something left on Thanksgiving. We’ll see if we can stay motivated playing a team we’ve already beaten.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The second kick shot up like a missile, splitting the uprights dead center. You think Maher was trying to send a message to the striped guys? ("we'll stay here all night and I'll keep making this kick")

If they really wanted to make him miss, they should have scooted us a yard closer.

gimmesix

Reaction score
This was somewhat reminiscent of what we saw last year after we lost to Denver, we came back angry the following week and blew out Atlanta only to lose to Kansas City the next week. The Cowboys haven’t won a Thanksgiving game since 2018. They need to show up on Thursday ready to play because this is an important game against a division rival. We have a great opportunity to get hot for December so we can’t afford to fall flat on Thanksgiving. I’m really puzzled why the team has so much trouble getting pumped up for Thanksgiving games. The old Cowboys that I grew up with used to thrive on Thanksgiving.

The league tried to make it harder on us by scheduling away games the Sunday before our Thanksgiving game, so that we have to travel, too. They also make sure we play a team that's coming off a home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.