Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings Postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Well, hopefully we didn’t shoot off all our ammo in this game and have something left on Thanksgiving. We’ll see if we can stay motivated playing a team we’ve already beaten.

Hope so. I don't count on anything anymore.

gimmesix

Reaction score
What we did today won’t matter much if we show up flat in four days against the Giants. We’ll see what the Cowboys look like on Thanksgiving. They haven’t won a Thanksgiving game since 2018.

Even the Giants game isn't a must-win as far as the playoffs go. Obviously, though, winning would help us get closer to the goal and stay within possible striking distance of Philly. The Eagles came close to slipping today. If we can get past the Giants, we might be able to go into that game with no more losses than we currently have. I say might because you just never know, but we should be easily favored in the games leading up to that one.

beacamdim

Reaction score
Even the Giants game isn't a must-win as far as the playoffs go. Obviously, though, winning would help us get closer to the goal and stay within possible striking distance of Philly. The Eagles came close to slipping today. If we can get past the Giants, we might be able to go into that game with no more losses than we currently have. I say might because you just never know, but we should be easily favored in the games leading up to that one.
They will get past the giants.

If you ranked the Giants top 15 players
1. Thomas
2. Barkley
3. Dex
4. Leo
5. McKinney
6. Adoree
7. Jones
8. Love
9. Ojulari
10. Thibs
11. Neal
12. Bellinger
13. Wan’Dale
14. Moreau
15. Slayton

7 of them likely to miss the game Thursday…brutal. Plus Bredeson/Feliciano on the OL

Just play our game and good things will happen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

It’s not a must win, but it’s a win we need to keep our momentum going. We have to gain consistency and start playing our best football heading into December. We have to build off this impressive win today.

plasticman

Reaction score
Wow, Minnesota 8-2........with a negative scoring margin so far this season.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jefferson guaranteed a win, that went about as well as it did for Sirianni last season

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jets had 2 yards of offense in the 2nd half against the Patriots today.

As in t-w-o.

How is that even possible?

gimmesix

Reaction score
It’s not a must win, but it’s a win we need to keep our momentum going. We have to gain consistency and start playing our best football heading into December. We have to build off this impressive win today.

If we don't get it, though, it doesn't mean we won't win our next six and carry momentum into the playoffs. As fans, we tend to panic too early. How we finish the season is probably much more important right now than even winning on Thanksgiving against a division foe.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The Jets had 2 yards of offense in the 2nd half against the Patriots today.

As in t-w-o.

How is that even possible?

Based on this game and that one, I believe it means in fan-think that the Vikings will have negative yardage against the Pats.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we don't get it, though, it doesn't mean we won't win our next six and carry momentum into the playoffs. As fans, we tend to panic too early. How we finish the season is probably much more important right now than even winning on Thanksgiving against a division foe.

I honestly don’t think we’re going to finish very well if we follow this impressive win up with a loss on Thanksgiving. That will tell me this team is no different than the previous teams that have disappointed us.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I honestly don’t think we’re going to finish very well if we follow this impressive win up with a loss on Thanksgiving. That will tell me this team is no different than the previous teams that have disappointed us.

Let me guess, we have to win all 7 of our next games to be a "different" team right?

gimmesix

Reaction score

And many fans thought we didn't have a chance against the Vikings after how we played against Green Bay.

Again, I have learned not to count on anything with this team, but that doesn't mean losing Thursday would mean much in the grand scheme of the season. It could, but it also could not. I want to win because I always want to win, but there's no need to panic if we don't or think we're Super Bowl bound if we do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Let me guess, we have to win all 7 of our next games to be a "different" team right?

No, but we need to win most of them and we need to follow up today’s impressive win with another good win on Thanksgiving. It would be pretty demoralizing for everyone to play as well as the Cowboys did today only to follow it up with a loss at home on Thanksgiving. Good luck getting on a December run doing that. Once you get to December it’s about momentum and playing your best football, those are the teams that go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.