Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles Post Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy

Reaction score
I just don’t understand the unadulterated hate that LVE gets. Is he an all-pro? No. Is he as good as he was as a rookie? No.

But he’s sticking his head in there and involved in a ton of plays. Plus, he’s staying healthy.

We can’t have future HOFers at every position. LVE is the equivalent of what Anthony Brown is — a serviceable player who can make a play here and there, but is also liable to get beat the same amount.

AKA an average NFL player. You have to have those guys.

Exactly and LVE is the last of our problems and you don’t get to have hall of famers in every position.

Maybe the OP should suggest a replacement that would be better or better off not replying at all really. Every team has the bread and butter types.

Stupid thread.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL suddenly there is love for LVE. This freakin' place, man.

LVE is not a very good player. Heck, he's not even good. Some of you were saying this is a doomsday defense of the 20s. You don't have that with a "decent' LB that is getting tossed like a rag doll on plays or playing catch up 20 yards down the field after getting toasted.

We need an upgrade and it should have happened during the offseason. Can't wait until he's gone. Some of you here defending him also defended Jaylon Smith....who you laugh and mock now.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's easy to have a halfway decent season when everyone around you is contributing. The moment things break down, like tonight, that's when the true colors shine. Same thing happens with Brown, same will happen to Wilson, same happened to our JAG DTs.

They all have to go. Stop celebrating mediocrity.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
LVE is the problem now. I guess you missed his pathetic performance on the first TD run. Blocked silly on that play and many, many others. He looked like a clown on the fly over to stop the Hurts sneak. At least Ken Norton Jr. broke Jim Kelly’s leg when he did the fly over.
Why am I highly doubting you watched our team while Ken Norton was with us?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's easy to have a halfway decent season when everyone around you is contributing. The moment things break down, like tonight, that's when the true colors shine. Same thing happens with Brown, same will happen to Wilson, same happened to our JAG DTs.

They all have to go. Stop celebrating mediocrity.
Same ppl praising LVE also loved scandrick, barry church, and tyrone crawford. Those 3 didnt last 2 years off this team

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So we not gonna talk about how the defense gave up 3.5 yards per carry? I could give a damn about LVE but it ain’t all on him…what a weird career he’s had. Busted his load his rookie year and never the same again. Better this year than last though.

Cmac

Reaction score
Not to pile on LVE, and he is not to take all blame......but let's face it.......LVE is slow and lumbering, and he doesn't shed blocks nor stop runs until yardage is gained. And LVE doesn't get immunity. NO WAY. Jaylon got laughed at constantly, so its fair game on LVE, as it is just as fair as the mind-boggling hate on Zeke that we read on this board routinely.

We need a ball hawk in the middle, with some lateral speed.

zeke21

Reaction score
I think this game was a perfect chance to see everything wrong and hopefully still gives us long enough to fix it before playoffs.

First the defence actually played a very very good game after half time. Got jumped early and we had no answers.. BUUUUT the offence was giving terrible field position. Highlighted that we are still vulnerable against a strong running team. I think overall they did very well to hold this Eagles team to 26 considering the turn overs.. the terrible 4th down call and the fact the D was on the field for most of the first half without respite.
The defence giving up that long, back breaking drive in the 4th.. showed that we still have a weakness against strong teams and can 'choke' when the pressure is high. I think Parsons clearly not being 100% showed through too.. and Eagles planned for Micah all game and Quinn wasn't able to get him into the right spots quick enough.

Overall if that is the worst game the D plays all season.. we are in brilliant shape.

The offence was a mess.. plenty are going to blame Rush.. but I blame Moore. We came out again just looking to pass the ball and it failed. When we 'reset' at half time and started running the rock.. we looked dominant and climbed back into the game. The sooner the idiot is fired the better.. also if someone could please point out that Zeke and Pollard ARE the offence.. EVERYTHING goes through the run. He must establish that first.
The stupid 'non challenge' of the spot.. and then the bizarre pass call on 4th and inches was just a comedy of errors. Shows that we still have some very dumb individuals on our sidelines. We took a risky play and made it worse by rushing.
The penalties didn't help
We set Rush up to fail.. if I didn't know better.. I would swear the 'fix' was in to make sure there was no QB story this week because Rush was asked to play in a way he hadn't been asked too previously. It was dismal

Overall.. our offence has clearly shown that if we don't run the ball.. we don't win. It is that simple. I don't think it is a miracle turnaround under Dak.. it probably gets worse. The sooner our OC realises this is a running team, the sooner we become relevant. Also lacking speed at WR and Lamb/Gallup are not good enough to carry this offence. We need to clean up the play calling and find another legitimate WR threat.

Carson

Reaction score
We have no explosiveness on offense since Amari left. We need to draft some serious speed and or dominant tall receivers. You have to pay to play Jerry.
James Washington is that guy. He’s now in Week 11 of 6-10 week injury. Hopefully he’s back for Detroit

lwehlers

Reaction score
i just watched the game and that was ugly. the eagles do not impress me. they are still not better then tampa, greenbay. and the niners. they are 6-0.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Why don’t you point out how Connor McGovern can’t pass block or something. LVE is playing decent football. I’ll offer you a word of encouragement though. If Damone Clark can make a decent MLB, LVE will be gone next year. Will that make you feel better? LVE isn’t the problem right now.
You got that right

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, he’s surprising just because he’s still on the field after the fused vertebrae. But it’s also why he looks the way he does. It’s the case of your body not being able to do what the mind wants.

Unlike Jaylon, he has the mental aspect.

stinkface

Reaction score
We did not loose because of LVE last night. Eagles are pretty good this year and at home and flavored. It's one game. We should win the next two games pretty easily. Will take 6 wins and 2 losses at the bye mark. Any Cowboys fan should be damn pleased with that. After the first game of the season I thought we would be 2 wins and 6 losses at the bye week.

Brooksey

Reaction score
We held Miles Sanders to 71 yards
The entire eagles team including Hurts to 135 yds on 39 carries 3.5 ypc

What do people expect against a good O-line like that, on the road, losing the TOP battle with a backup QB?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They ran through the middle and tossed and blocked this clown. He missed the tackle on the very first TD. He either hits the wrong hole, gets confused or lost, or just sucks bad. OMG, he is a disaster. Tyler Smith played his worst game as well. Plenty of blame to go around believe me.

There was many missed tackles last night. Not just by LVE.

dfense

Reaction score
I predicted we would be destroyed by running teams up the middle. It happened. LVE was responsible for the most part. Nuff said.
When you say "Nuff said" Do you really mean it? Or is it going to be a run-on sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.