Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles Post Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't think of it as an experiment. We did what we had to do and came away with a 4-2 record for our efforts. That's not bad all considered. I hope Dak is ready to play all out for the rest of the season.

Should make us feel good that we can stay competitive with our backup. There have been a lot of years when that wasn't the case and this season would already be in the toilet.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
never seen a loss have this much psychological impact on its fans.

Im seeing many fans in the forum become accustomed to disappointment so much to the point that they are not worried about the state of the team/season and they do not care that we just fell and lost possibly the biggest game of the season.

Now we have this. You are creating alternate universes in your head to relieve yourself of the pain this team caused you tonight. The scenario you have come up with is pure madness. I agree with your sentiment, however, it is worrying how much of a psychological hold this team has over us on this forum.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Hope Dak can be better than his last 2 starts.
He was terrible .....

Agreed, with the caveat that our defense is probably better now than it was then. Of course, if whoever we start at QB throws three interceptions and we give a decent opponent short fields, we're not going to win too many of those games.

I feel a little better about Dak coming back to an offense that's more settled around him than what we had vs. Tampa.

Carson

Reaction score
I don't think of it as an experiment. We did what we had to do and came away with a 4-2 record for our efforts. That's not bad all considered. I hope Dak is ready to play all out for the rest of the season.
Let’s not forget the first 6 games of our season were brutal outside of Washington.

Tampa - playoff team with the Goat
Bengals - Super Bowl team
Giants - 5-1, second best record in the NFC
Commanders - Tough division game
Rams - Super Bowl Champions
Eagles - Best team in the NFC

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Agreed, with the caveat that our defense is probably better now than it was then. Of course, if whoever we start at QB throws three interceptions and we give a decent opponent short fields, we're not going to win too many of those games.

I feel a little better about Dak coming back to an offense that's more settled around him than what we had vs. Tampa.
Hopefully he excels.
We need quality qb play to be a serious contender this year.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Let’s not forget the first 6 games of our season were brutal outside of Washington.

Tampa - playoff team with the Goat
Bengals - Super Bowl team
Giants - 5-1, second best record in the NFC
Commanders - Tough division game
Rams - Super Bowl Champions
Eagles - Best team in the NFC

Yup, agreed. 4-2 with a back-up QB is not bad at all. But I'm glad Dak is returning and I hope he's up for it.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Hopefully he excels.
We need quality qb play to be a serious contender this year.

Yeah, but for once, we might not have to have great QB play. If he can just give us a little more than what we got from Rush that might be good enough with this defense. Too many years we put way too much on the QB's shoulders.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It was no experiment
Dak was hurt and Cooper was the back up.
Dak better play to his contract.
Another Tampa Bay game and the fans are gonna get restless....

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Im seeing many fans in the forum become accustomed to disappointment so much to the point that they are not worried about the state of the team/season and they do not care that we just fell and lost possibly the biggest game of the season.

Now we have this. You are creating alternate universes in your head to relieve yourself of the pain this team caused you tonight. The scenario you have come up with is pure madness. I agree with your sentiment, however, it is worrying how much of a psychological hold this team has over us on this forum.

You literally created a thread about tanking tonight with a 4-2 team, so I'm not surprised that you're confused by what you're seeing. :rolleyes:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Gimmicky offense won't last. I like our run game, I love getting Dak and that other receiver back - Keep doing what we're doing besides the INT, our defense is still thunder, we're in good shape.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You literally created a thread about tanking tonight with a 4-2 team, so I'm not surprised that you're confused by what you're seeing. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I get what he's saying. Because we are 4-2 while playing a backup QB and actually being competitive with him against an undefeated team, we're "accustomed to disappointment." The outcome of losing our starting QB could not have been much better unless you just really have unrealistic expectations.

Now, we'll have to see what happens from here, but there's no reason to be down in the dumps about a regular-season loss against "the best team in the NFL" while playing our backup QB. There's no reason to feel bad about 4-2 at this point. We've got a long way to go to see how this turns out, but there have been some positive signs during the stretch about what we might can be. We'll see if we get there.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You lose to the scumbag low life Eagles AND Prescott is back.

Not our day.

Creeper

Reaction score
I saw a few things tonight. First, the Cowboys OL run blocks better than they pass block. As long as the game is close the Cowboys should run the football. When Dak gets back they should still run the football and set up the play action passes downfield.

I thought Tyler Smith had maybe his worst game this year. He struggles pass blocking quicker DEs. I thought tonight the Cowboys missed Tyron Smith. McGovern had some issues too, I think if Tyron was playing LT and Tyler LG, the Cowboys offensive line would have given Rush more time to throw. But this is what injuries do. Eventually they show up.

The Eagles found a way to keep Parsons out of the backfield all night. It seemed like he was in coverage a lot. He looked a little lost at times. Quinn needs to jump on that.

The Cowboys offense is not good enough to overcome 3 turnovers unless the defense takes the ball away a few times. I think Rush has run his course.

The Eagles had only 10 penalty yards tonight. The Cowboys had 72. What you put that together with 3 INTs is spells LOSS. Some of the penalties were just dumb.

This was a big loss because the Eagles have an easy schedule this year. I think they will win the division although it is a long season and injuries can change a lot. But Dallas will make the playoffs because the NFC is a disaster. The Eagles will not beat the Cowboys 3 times, I guarantee it.

With Dak back I think the Cowboys will score more than 20 points a game, probably more than 25. This will take some of the pressure off the defense.

The Cowboys LBs were good tonight. LVE may have played his best game all season.

The Eagles averaged only 3.9 yards per play tonight and 3.5 yards per carry. The Cowboys average 4.9 and 5.2. I think the Cowboys defense is for real. But as I said before the game, if the Eagles got a big lead Rush would not be good enough to make a comeback. He got some points in the second half but he gave up way too much.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

It is just one game, the season is not over. We have 11 more games to play this year including a rematch with Philly.

We have the Lions and Bears next before our bye, we should roll both of those teams so that has us at 6-2 at the bye.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
They made him out to be a big strong guy with hands abd no quickness. He sure has the ability to make a guy miss from Time to time.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I like both him and Hendershot. They will have good value at TE and OT for the next several years.

meddleroidz

Reaction score
the cowboys are a good team possibly great i hate to admit and have some experiences in the playoffs, as long as you destroy the giants this year ill be glad. but the eagles are the better team keep making excuses for losses tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.