Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Pittsburgh Steelers | Postgame Thread

Cmac

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think there is a serious rift between #4 and 88......and #4 is phasing him out. Prescott has a history doing that to people....a long history....And now that #4 has that contract.....he's just gonna be a bigger butthole to deal with.
Phase him out?.....I'm thinking otherwise.....Cee Dee all giddy when it's lots of targets, even undisciplined to get a taunting penalty.......say what you want about T.O. or Dez.......never pouted or checked out ON THE FIELD. And at some point the yapping on the sideline is gonna erupt into a knuckle sandwich. It's a "b" move. He just told us he'd better about the poor look. I don't care about him being frustrated......does he think Dak can't or shouldn't get frustrated with mistakes from himself and others, as well?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I saw some high character performances by backup players.

I saw a team overcome adversity time and again.

I saw our quarterback in the most critical circumstances a QB can be in a football game.....one play....win or lose....and he pulled the trigger. This has got to be encouraging.

Was it his best performance? No. Was it his most accurate? Not even close. However, you cannot deny the poise when everything was on the line, perhaps even the season.

I can give you dozens of examples where Hall of Fame quarterbacks had bad games that nobody will ever remember....because they won.

You have to give it up for Tolbert, the leading receiver of the game for the Cowboys, in both receptions and yards. We needed a 2nd receiver desperately and we have one going forward.

The Cowboys defense gave up 185 yards rushing a game in the first three games. Their average in the last two games is 59 yards a game.

They held the Steelers to 92 yards rushing and the Steeles longest run was 8 yards by their QB. The Steelers averaged 3.5 yards a carry.

This was accomplished with 3rd team DE's and a 3rd team CB.

McCarthy likes his guys and today I like them too.

Did McCarthy and Zimmer have them ready to play despite the adversity of losing their best defenders? Yes he did. Despite any opinion of the man, let's give him some credit. On the other side of the field was a Super Bowl winning HC that has never had a losing season.

The Cowboys beat a team with a winning record, a defense that had given up the 2nd fewest points in the league.

Let's put all the criticism on pause for just 12 hours and look at the good things we discovered about some of our guys. Let's put in at least a tenth of the effort in praising them as we do in criticizing them, of recognizing the good, than in searching for every fault....for just half a day.
well said... this game could turn the whole season around.. literally the entire team hustled and refused to lose, like you said, the backups already playing more got hurt shuffled OL and the T/OS that nearly did us in and all is forgiven and forgotten.. its a WIN

they did not lose the locker room MM is not being fired quite yet. like i said i believe this could be something that helps us push trough the lions type games and ge tour players back for SF..time will tell but its this type of road game and the way they had to pull together and win that can turn a season around.

PS side note i also need to apologize to mike Zimmer he found a way to get his scheme to work with his severely shortened roster. Kudos those dudes hustled for you!! Loved the energy..

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do not give Dak credit..
Why? ....... he played great on the game winning drive

The game only being close because of his earlier mistakes is a different matter ........ I will give him his due on that last drive.