Dallas Cowboys Bleacher Report: 2013 Nfl 7 Round Mock Draft

mrmason67

Reaction score
Round 1: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Jamie Squire/Getty Images
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 320 lbs
There are rumors surfacing thatChance Warmack could be a top-10 pick. The same thing happened last year with David DeCastro and look how far he dropped. The truth is that teams typically don’t like taking guards that high and their value typically outweighs their actual draft position.
Warmack is one of those guys.
Warmack is a big, strong, athletic guard that has become one of the better guard prospects over the last 10 years. His ability to get to the next level would allow the Cowboys run balanced offense to flourish.
While I think he’s a much better run-blocker than a pass-blocker, He is above average at both.
Warmack has excellent technique. He always keeps his assignment in front of him and maintains a square frame with a good center of gravity.
His footwork is among the best I’ve seen from an offensive lineman in some time.
There will be guys like John Jenkins and Sam Montgomery around but Warmack fits the bill as a high value player and fills a team need.

Round 2: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
Chris Graythen/Getty Images
Height: 6’6”
Weight: 335 lbs
Not much to say about Fluker. He is a sure first-round prospect if it isn’t for the emergence of players like Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher. The truth is that if there was a higher desire to take a tackle in the higher rounds Fluker would be gone.
Oh well, everyone’s loss is the Cowboys’ gain.
The Cowboys have the opportunity to add another high value, franchise caliber lineman to a very mediocre unit. Fluker is powerful and nasty. He has experience in a balanced offense and plays with incredible consistency.
Fluker has only one main weakness and that is his pass blocking. Still, he’s an upgrade over Doug Free and could really develop that aspect of his game from Bill Callahan. It’s a plus that his college teammate would line up right next to him.
If Fluker does get taken earlier, prospects like Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin and Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M would be worth considering.

Round 3: Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
Height: 6’7”
Weight: 288 lbs
Ok, lets get something straight before you guys get me in the comment section, Margus Hunt is my pet cat.
It’s hard not to love everything about Hunt as a prospect. He has tremendous size and athleticism and the combination makes him a dangerous weapon for the defense.
Hunt is physical monster. He exemplifies “beast mode” and the scary part is that he’s still getting better.
The guy does everything well. He’s an outstanding pass rusher, he’s improving his run defense techniques, and even has an interception.
The fact that Hunt is available in the third round is insane to me. However, the guy is still raw. He has a lot to learn in terms of technique and play recognition.
If he can increase his football IQ Hunt can be the steal of this years draft.
Other prospects available: Matt Elam, Landry Jones, and Eddie Lacy.

Round 4: Bacarri Rambo, S, UGA
Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
Height: 6’0”
Weight: 218 lbs
Rambo’s name says a lot about him. The safety out of Georgia is an intense, physical playmaker who is around every play.
Rambo is likely a second round prospect in a smaller safety draft class but the depth this year is insane.
Rambo is what we’d call a prototype. He is fast, athletic, and strong. He has been a huge playmaker for the Bulldogs and has proven to be clutch.
He, like all players, has some work to do though. Rambo needs to be more disciplined. With some increased focus and work ethic he could be a great player.
Rambo is the definition of a high-reward player. In the fourth round he is the perfect gamble. Worst-case scenario is that you get Keith Davis in his prime, best-case scenario you get Ed Reed.

Round 5: Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
Photo Courtesy www.mssulions.com
Weight: 325 lbs
Hands down, Brandon Williams is the most underrated, complete football player in this NFL Draft.
Look, it’s no secret that players who play in Division II Athletics are typically of a lower caliber. However, sometimes those players just weren’t looked at hard enough.
For Williams, it’s the latter.
This guy owns the school record for sacks in a career (27) and can play any position on the defensive line. He has a high motor, excellent burst, and fantastic football I.Q. He is one of those blue-collar players who works hard, plays hard, and stays out of trouble.
I haven’t watched all the tape on Williams and it’s extremely rare that I don’t identify player weaknesses to you guys but this time, I don’t really see any.
Williams is a force. He has awesome size, versatility, and technique. I would be shocked if his draft value didn’t spike. If he’s available and Jerry doesn’t take him, he’s an idiot.

Round 6: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
Rich Schultz/Getty Images
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 229 lbs
If you guys follow me at all through my articles you know I force feed you arguments that support the need for a developmental quarterback.
So why did I wait until round six to draft one?
The truth is the players available were just plain better in the earlier rounds.
Nassib is a zero risk, high reward player. He has above average arm strength and accuracy and is exceptional with play fakes. The problem? He tends to make bad decisions under pressure that result in turnovers.
I think that Nassib can translate well at the next level if he spends 3-4 years behindTony Romo. They have very similar playing styles and could run the exact same offense without any changes to the game plan.
If Nassib doesn’t work out you merely lose a sixth round pick and can refocus on quarterback next year or the year after when Johnny Manziel is available. Right?!

Round 7: Theo Riddick, RB, Notre Dame
Harry How/Getty Images
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 200
It’s not a secret that Felix Jones isn’t coming back. Phillip Tanner and Lance Dunbar offer good depth, but a player like Riddick offers a game breaker.
In a pass-happy league a third down back like Riddick offers a player who is competent enough to get a decent average-per-carry but is lethal in the passing game.
Riddick is an unrefined back that has problems with pass protection. However, if nothing else, he offers a player who can change things up a little bit.
You look at players like Alfred Morris and you think, “Man, maybe this can work out.” In the seventh round, you’re not really looking for anything but a decent gamble.
I like the odds.

mrmason67

Reaction score
Round 1: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Jamie Squire/Getty Images
Weight: 320 lbs
There are rumors surfacing thatChance Warmack could be a top-10 pick. The same thing happened last year with David DeCastro and look how far he dropped. The truth is that teams typically don’t like taking guards that high and their value typically outweighs their actual draft position.
Warmack is one of those guys.
Warmack is a big, strong, athletic guard that has become one of the better guard prospects over the last 10 years. His ability to get to the next level would allow the Cowboys run balanced offense to flourish.
While I think he’s a much better run-blocker than a pass-blocker, He is above average at both.
Warmack has excellent technique. He always keeps his assignment in front of him and maintains a square frame with a good center of gravity.
His footwork is among the best I’ve seen from an offensive lineman in some time.
There will be guys like John Jenkins and Sam Montgomery around but Warmack fits the bill as a high value player and fills a team need.

Round 2: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
Chris Graythen/Getty Images
Height: 6’6”
Weight: 335 lbs
Not much to say about Fluker. He is a sure first-round prospect if it isn’t for the emergence of players like Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher. The truth is that if there was a higher desire to take a tackle in the higher rounds Fluker would be gone.
Oh well, everyone’s loss is the Cowboys’ gain.
The Cowboys have the opportunity to add another high value, franchise caliber lineman to a very mediocre unit. Fluker is powerful and nasty. He has experience in a balanced offense and plays with incredible consistency.
Fluker has only one main weakness and that is his pass blocking. Still, he’s an upgrade over Doug Free and could really develop that aspect of his game from Bill Callahan. It’s a plus that his college teammate would line up right next to him.
If Fluker does get taken earlier, prospects like Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin and Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M would be worth considering.

Round 3: Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
Height: 6’7”
Weight: 288 lbs
Ok, lets get something straight before you guys get me in the comment section, Margus Hunt is my pet cat.
It’s hard not to love everything about Hunt as a prospect. He has tremendous size and athleticism and the combination makes him a dangerous weapon for the defense.
Hunt is physical monster. He exemplifies “beast mode” and the scary part is that he’s still getting better.
The guy does everything well. He’s an outstanding pass rusher, he’s improving his run defense techniques, and even has an interception.
The fact that Hunt is available in the third round is insane to me. However, the guy is still raw. He has a lot to learn in terms of technique and play recognition.
If he can increase his football IQ Hunt can be the steal of this years draft.
Other prospects available: Matt Elam, Landry Jones, and Eddie Lacy.

Round 4: Bacarri Rambo, S, UGA
Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
Height: 6’0”
Weight: 218 lbs
Rambo’s name says a lot about him. The safety out of Georgia is an intense, physical playmaker who is around every play.
Rambo is likely a second round prospect in a smaller safety draft class but the depth this year is insane.
Rambo is what we’d call a prototype. He is fast, athletic, and strong. He has been a huge playmaker for the Bulldogs and has proven to be clutch.
He, like all players, has some work to do though. Rambo needs to be more disciplined. With some increased focus and work ethic he could be a great player.
Rambo is the definition of a high-reward player. In the fourth round he is the perfect gamble. Worst-case scenario is that you get Keith Davis in his prime, best-case scenario you get Ed Reed.

Round 5: Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
Photo Courtesy www.mssulions.com
Weight: 325 lbs
Hands down, Brandon Williams is the most underrated, complete football player in this NFL Draft.
Look, it’s no secret that players who play in Division II Athletics are typically of a lower caliber. However, sometimes those players just weren’t looked at hard enough.
For Williams, it’s the latter.
This guy owns the school record for sacks in a career (27) and can play any position on the defensive line. He has a high motor, excellent burst, and fantastic football I.Q. He is one of those blue-collar players who works hard, plays hard, and stays out of trouble.
I haven’t watched all the tape on Williams and it’s extremely rare that I don’t identify player weaknesses to you guys but this time, I don’t really see any.
Williams is a force. He has awesome size, versatility, and technique. I would be shocked if his draft value didn’t spike. If he’s available and Jerry doesn’t take him, he’s an idiot.

Round 6: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
Rich Schultz/Getty Images
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 229 lbs
If you guys follow me at all through my articles you know I force feed you arguments that support the need for a developmental quarterback.
So why did I wait until round six to draft one?
The truth is the players available were just plain better in the earlier rounds.
Nassib is a zero risk, high reward player. He has above average arm strength and accuracy and is exceptional with play fakes. The problem? He tends to make bad decisions under pressure that result in turnovers.
I think that Nassib can translate well at the next level if he spends 3-4 years behindTony Romo. They have very similar playing styles and could run the exact same offense without any changes to the game plan.
If Nassib doesn’t work out you merely lose a sixth round pick and can refocus on quarterback next year or the year after when Johnny Manziel is available. Right?!

Harry How/Getty Images
It’s not a secret that Felix Jones isn’t coming back. Phillip Tanner and Lance Dunbar offer good depth, but a player like Riddick offers a game breaker.
In a pass-happy league a third down back like Riddick offers a player who is competent enough to get a decent average-per-carry but is lethal in the passing game.
Riddick is an unrefined back that has problems with pass protection. However, if nothing else, he offers a player who can change things up a little bit.
You look at players like Alfred Morris and you think, “Man, maybe this can work out.” In the seventh round, you’re not really looking for anything but a decent gamble.
I like the odds.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
I would love a draft like this, a couple D-line players, a couple O-line players, project QB, depth at S and a late RB in case we have injuries.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
replace round two with Thomas or Aboushi and that would be one great draft.
still would rather trade back and get Cooper and add a second round pick and get a safety there.
Then in the 4th we can get a RB.
Also we do not have a 7th round draft pick.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Warmack is good, but will probably be over-drafted. Jonathan Cooper might be a better fit in Callahans' Zone Blocking Scheme and will be available a little later.

Fluker needs to move to OG in the NFL.

Hunt is a freak, but he is a high risk pick. He has not dominated at SMU like you would expect.

Rambo has character issues. Maybe not a Garrett RKG.

Brandon Williams would be terrific pick in the 5th. I posted a link to a video about his work ethic in the DraftZone.

I would be OK with Ryan Nassib in the 6th.

The Cowboys don't have a 7th round pick. Riddick would be a good later round pick. The Cowboys really need to draft a RB higher. I like Kenjon Barner or Stepfan Taylor in the 3rd/4th.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We get a guard and he needs to be someone that can do it all very well. Warmack is a road grader but I have questions about his ability to handle quick pass rushers.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
burmafrd;4898942 said:
We get a guard and he needs to be someone that can do it all very well. Warmack is a road grader but I have questions about his ability to handle quick pass rushers.

yea, i would't hate it if he were the pick, but I wouldn't get excited either

IAmLegend

Reaction score
No way Fluker is around when we pick in the 2nd unless we trade back in the 1st and pick up another 2nd rounder. Plus, he needs to move to the Guard positon in the NFL cause he's too slow in pass protection. NFL DE/OLB's will eat him up. If Rambo is available in the 4th then we'd be dumb not to pick him. He has a high ceiling. His character issues are minor tbh. But, I think he'll be gone in the 3rd. Other than that, solid draft.

Titleist

Reaction score
Would love for this to happen, but it's unrealistic. No way we draft a G in the first round...JJ doesnt think that G is an impact position. We will most likely go NT in the 1st round; possibly Johnathan Jenkins/Hankins

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Titleist;4899022 said:
Would love for this to happen, but it's unrealistic. No way we draft a G in the first round...JJ doesnt think that G is an impact position. We will most likely go NT in the 1st round; possibly Johnathan Jenkins/Hankins

NT isn't a impact position. Tell me 3 NTs that were drafted in the 1st that are impace different makers.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I don't understand why people think jerry won't pick a OG in the 1st. He wanted Iupati just a gew years ago.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
They are more likely to take an OT in the first rather than a G but an interior lineman in the latter first round. There are multiple plays in the first.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
mrmason67;4898867 said:
Harry How/Getty Images
I like the odds.

This would be awesome but I doubt he falls that far.

And of course, Warmack in the first is my #1 hope in the draft.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Good draft except Dallas doesnt have a 7th. Rambo will be gone. And Margus hunt Same type of player Crawford is. Waste of a pick.

dogberry

Reaction score
Is there a list of the best pass blocking centers, guards, and tackles in the draft? I want them to protect Tony first.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4899032 said:
NT isn't a impact position. Tell me 3 NTs that were drafted in the 1st that are impace different makers.

Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton and Kris Jenkins.

And if you want to be technical, Haloti Ngata plays the role of a NT.