News: Dallas Cowboys: Can Jason Garrett finish the fight?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Finish the fight! Lol, he closes his eyes when he punches, that's why he can't connect on two in a row.
This seems more JG's style
Napoleon-Dynamite-slaps-kip-and-runs-GIF.gif

Zman5

Reaction score
How do you expect our players to finish the fight when other teams' coaches provide rocket launchers for their players while JG provide nerf guns to our players?

Nexx

Reaction score
It's not up to Garrett now.

It's up to the players.

They have to make it happen or not.

We typically never want it bad enough.

to make it happen.

Another missed opportunity is looming.

this is the type of thinking that will destroy this franchise. yes the players have to hold their end of the bargain but the head coach is in charge of putting his coordinators and players in the best position to succeed. Jason has yet to prove he can do any of this for a sustained amount of time to lead this franchise back to even the NFC championship game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is the type of thinking that will destroy this franchise. yes the players have to hold their end of the bargain but the head coach is in charge of putting his coordinators and players in the best position to succeed. Jason has yet to prove he can do any of this for a sustained amount of time to lead this franchise back to even the NFC championship game.

It continues to amaze me how fans desperate to excuse Garrett's obvious shortcomings continue to simply blame it on the players. Even after they've all been changed out and turned over at least once.

None of the players they were blaming for those failures 7 years ago are even here anymore. But now it's the new players' fault.

silver

Reaction score
It's not "probable" at all. No matter how many times you type the word.

It's every bit as "probable" that this up and down, inconsistent team loses to the trainwreck Giants team this week.
That too is probable. A little bit, but it is probable.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Every time we try to finish the fight, we fell short.

Please win the fight, rather than just finishing it.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You gotta throw a punch first to finish a fight...we've just been throwing jabs.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I can't judge yet.

Garrett had a great year in 2016.

So did the team and ownership.

I have to see how we finish.

If we do make the playoffs..

Garrett gets some credit.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Finish the fight should be JG's own moniker, not the teams! Quit failing them with your bologna and start coaching them!!!
Oooh I want a fried bologna sandwhich now. Only dilemma is whether to toast the bread

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure why we assume beating the Raiders is a cinch.

The Giants are going to be a tough battle unless they gift wrap it like Skins did.

plasticman

Reaction score
In 1970 the Cowboys went 5-4 during a 14 game season.They had just lost to the St Louis Cardinals 38-0 on Monday Night Football. A few weeks prior to that they lost to the Vikings 52-14. With 5 games left to play they were two games behind division leading Cardinals and a game behind the Giants. There was only one wildcard team per conference.

To make matters worse,their 1st team All Pro, Rookie of the Year RB the previous season, Calvin Hill, was hurt and out for a couple games.Their 1st team All Pro LT, Ralph Neely, was out for the season.

The Cowboys were on the ropes. They were calling for Tom Landry's head. The Cowboys had lost two NFL championships in the last minute of each game and Tom Landry was accused of not being able to win "The Big One".Now,they didn'tthink he could win again.

They were wrong.The Cowboys won out and then went all the way to their very first Super Bowl, the first of five for Landry's Cowboys. The rest is history but that was one of the franchise's darkest moments and they came through.

These are the circumstances that reveal character and I think some opinions are going to be changed forever by the end of this season.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Question is, if this team does "finish the fight" and say, run the table into the playoffs, will Garrett get credit around here?

I'm no longer a Garrett apologist but it is a question worth asking. Though, we all know the truth of what's really going to unfold. Haha

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 1970 the Cowboys went 5-4 during a 14 game season.They had just lost to the St Louis Cardinals 38-0 on Monday Night Football. A few weeks prior to that they lost to the Vikings 52-14. With 5 games left to play they were two games behind division leading Cardinals and a game behind the Giants. There was only one wildcard team per conference.

To make matters worse,their 1st team All Pro, Rookie of the Year RB the previous season, Calvin Hill, was hurt and out for a couple games.Their 1st team All Pro LT, Ralph Neely, was out for the season.

The Cowboys were on the ropes. They were calling for Tom Landry's head. The Cowboys had lost two NFL championships in the last minute of each game and Tom Landry was accused of not being able to win "The Big One".Now,they didn'tthink he could win again.

They were wrong.The Cowboys won out and then went all the way to their very first Super Bowl, the first of five for Landry's Cowboys. The rest is history but that was one of the franchise's darkest moments and they came through.

These are the circumstances that reveal character and I think some opinions are going to be changed forever by the end of this season.

Or those opinions will be further reinforced. For the record, I hope yours is the correct belief here.

Let's find out!
:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Question is, if this team does "finish the fight" and say, run the table into the playoffs, will Garrett get credit around here?

I'm no longer a Garrett apologist but it is a question worth asking. Though, we all know the truth of what's really going to unfold. Haha

I'll gladly give him credit if and when credit is due. I have in the past as well. How could you not when he does well?

But I'll also give him the grief when it's deserved too.

And reach the point where I've had enough of the ups and downs when that's warranted too.

If they win out and make the playoffs, I will happily apologize.