News: Dallas Cowboys determined to show offensive lines win championships

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys determined to show offensive lines win championships
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/07/13/dallas-cowboys-offensive-lines-championships/

*(take the time to read...a prove me wrong approach)

...Garrett’s Air Coryell offensive system helped former quarterback Tony Romo become the most prolific passer in Cowboys history. Under Garrett, the Cowboys problem has never been the offensive system.

Maybe Garrett is a puppet that claps too much on the sidelines. His downfall and biggest regret will be falling in love with a winning streak and not allowing a healthy Romo to return as the starter in 2016. His second regret will be not focusing on the defensive side of the football.

The Cowboys have spent far too many first round draft picks on the offensive line. The front office possesses a weird philosophy that believes defensive linemen aren’t worth first round picks.

The Cowboys selection of Boise State linebacker, Leighton Vander Esch is going to be their best defensive draft pick in years. However, Vander Esch isn’t a defensive lineman...

Batman1980

Reaction score
The wall of Dallas did it. I add the caveat that team also had a HOF QB and a Doomsday Defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, they do, but not by themselves.

Once again, Jerry's wasting our time trying things a different way. How many years it going to take him to figure it out this time? Hopefully not another 23!!!

I can just see it now, in the year 2041, the Dallas Cowboys shock the world by taking a 338 pound DT in the first round!!!

Batman1980

Reaction score

Once again, Jerry's wasting our time trying things a different way. How many years it going to take him to figure it out this time? Hopefully not another 23!!!

I can just see it now, in the year 2041, the Dallas Cowboys shock the world by taking a 338 pound DT in the first round!!!

337, 6'2 with a quick twitch and the feet of a ballerina!

CCBoy

Reaction score

There already is a format for taking players and matching them to a scheme with tendencies for positions. A value needed just hasn't matched up with opportunity. A perfect fit will be coming along...

Batman1980

Reaction score
There already is a format for taking players and matching them to a scheme with tendencies for positions. A value needed just hasn't matched up with opportunity. A perfect fit will be coming along...

It's not like 1Ts are that hard to find, Marinate and Jerrah just don't like them.

Carson

Reaction score
It's not like 1Ts are that hard to find, Marinate and Jerrah just don't like them.

What’s a 1Tech? We need a guy who can play the 1, 3, rush end AND be a cover linebacker!! It’s silly IMO

Batman1980

Reaction score
What’s a 1Tech? We need a guy who can play the 1, 3, rush end AND be a cover linebacker!! It’s silly IMO

1Ts play over the center. Their job is to occupy the center and one of the guards. Take up space/blocking so the linebackers behind them can make plays.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Until one defines positional attributes and who Dallas has to fill first and second string slots...the tackle depth at present, is adequate. You want to have All Pro's at every position....alright then!

Carson

Reaction score
1Ts play over the center. Their job is to occupy the center and one of the guards. Take up space/blocking so the linebackers behind them can make plays.

Sorry was a joke! I know what a 1 tech is bud :)

Was just saying, Rod doesn’t value the 1 tech and he’d rather roll with a “versatile” guy who can play multiple positions than go with a true 1 tech

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, in Dallas, they fill the slots and penetrate.

kskboys

Reaction score
Until one defines positional attributes and who Dallas has to fill first and second string slots...the tackle depth at present, is adequate. You want to have All Pro's at every position....alright then!
Tackle depth? Yeah, we have six 3 techs and zero 1 techs!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Sorry was a joke! I know what a 1 tech is bud :)

Was just saying, Rod doesn’t value the 1 tech and he’d rather roll with a “versatile” guy who can play multiple positions than go with a true 1 tech
I noticed!!!

Batman1980

Reaction score
Irving? Who's that?

The over-rated troublemaker who's a DE that they line up everywhere. For some reason they tagged him but I see him looking for a new home after this year. Taco, Ganja, Tank and Crawford means there won't be as many snaps for him.

Carson

Reaction score

You darn right I want all pros at every position!!!! This is madden right?

It’s adequate I concur with you. But a lot of iffy variables with our interior line.

Irving .. suspended and a bonehead. Monster when his mind is right.
Collins .. coming off injury.
Price .. coming off injury.
Ward .. looked good in shorts, but was subpar with the Raiders.

Talent is there .. but seems to very boom or bust as opposed to consistent