News: Dallas Cowboys determined to show offensive lines win championships

CCBoy

Reaction score
For Air Coryell offensive system to work they need a different quarterback.
Myself, I don't see Dak as a spud potatoe. There's a lot more to his throwing game if one isn't limiting a picture with stereotypes, but all the facts on hand.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they have had a dominate offensive line since 2014 and they have won one wildcard playoff game the qb has to be able to excute the passing game or it wont matter

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe Garrett is a puppet that claps too much on the sidelines. His downfall and biggest regret will be falling in love with a winning streak and not allowing a healthy Romo to return as the starter in 2016. His second regret will be not focusing on the defensive side of the football.

Yep but in reality its Jerry's calling not JG and the above will keep us non-contending till major corrections are made on both of the above issues......Championship are not won by 300 million off-lines they need a play makers on both offense and defense to get the Job done!Currently with the exception of Zeke and Lee(Injury prone) and d-law we have none......

P.S. Simply stated what they have done done in Big D with this offline strategy wins championships will come apart this coming season.....and ya the people will be screaming for DEFENSE DEFENSE and more DEFENSE......but to no avail as our cap situation will not allow us to help our defense....

kskboys

Reaction score
they have had a dominate offensive line since 2014 and they have won one wildcard playoff game the qb has to be able to excute the passing game or it wont matter
No, the D has to be able to stop the other team or it won't matter!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
There already is a format for taking players and matching them to a scheme with tendencies for positions. A value needed just hasn't matched up with opportunity. A perfect fit will be coming along...
No, it has. We ignore them. Or are incapable of evaluating DT's or something.

Batman1980

Reaction score
No, it has. We ignore them. Or are incapable of evaluating DT's or something.

Welp I've tried 20 3Ts in that spot and it hasn't worked out, so let's try another! It's gotta work sometime, dang it!

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
If we can be more creative on offense and finish drives off with touchdowns we have a chance to pull it off. I think the defense will be stout enough to give an assist.

Flamma

Reaction score
1Ts play over the center. Their job is to occupy the center and one of the guards. Take up space/blocking so the linebackers behind them can make plays.

Do they line up over center? Or in the C-G gap?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have come to believe that the NFL now evolves faster than can be quickly comprehended by most of us. Conventional wisdom isn’t conventional anymore.

What I mean by that is look at how so many of the old NFL cliches have diminished.
1. A QB without height can’t win in the playoffs. (Then Drew Brees and Russell Wilson won SBs.)
2. Defense wins championships- (then the 2006 Colts, 2009 Saints and 2016 Pats win with mediocre defenses)
3. College “spread” offenses don’t translate to the NFL- (Now all NFL teams run some version of this at times)
4. If you lose more than 3 starters to injury, you’re screwed. (Then Philly wins a SB last year with 4 starters out with injuries)
5. If you don’t have a #1 receiver, your offense is deficient- (Look at recent SB winners who had no big stars at WR- Philly, NE twice, and Seattle- Julian Edelman and Doug Baldwin? Lol!)

My point is thinking that winning a SB is tied to a simple formula- like having a great OL or having a dominant defense, is no longer as relevant as in the past.

So what is a “new” formula for winning a SB?
1. The FO Drafts and develop young, cheap talent at multiple positions (before they get too expensive),
2. Hire a talented HC that can adapt (during the games and all season)to what opponents do to attack your strengths, and to motivate the team to stay together to overcome adversity.
3. Have a team culture that can withstand the ups and downs of an NFL season. That’s done by having quality leadership at the top all the way to the locker room.