News: Dallas Cowboys determined to show offensive lines win championships

CCBoy

Reaction score
You darn right I want all pros at every position!!!! This is madden right?

It’s adequate I concur with you. But a lot of iffy variables with our interior line.

Irving .. suspended and a bonehead. Monster when his mind is right.
Collins .. coming off injury.
Price .. coming off injury.
Ward .. looked good in shorts, but was subpar with the Raiders.

Talent is there .. but seems to very boom or bust as opposed to consistent

Hey, I can't argue with that look...I can hope as a fan, although.:)

Batman1980

Reaction score
Irving is maddeningly inconsistent, they can do better, especially since he gets hurt a lot and has a penchant to get suspended.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
CCBoy, I remember very recently, and sorry I cant pull it up,, but I do remember brass saying that we will do it, "The Cowboys way."

I firmly believe that the context of that statement was about what the Cowboys have built.

We can all knock JG and company, but the fact as of today is that this team has built a stud OL, RB style Identity.

That fact can not be denied, and this franchise has stayed on course.

There are other areas on this team that can be nit picked, but you can do that with every team all day long, every team has their own individual Achilles Heel, so to speak.

As a franchise you have to pick your poison, you can never have it all.

In all honesty, I think that the Jags have come closer than any team in the league to balancing both sides, but did so without a franchise QB.

No team will ever be able to fulfill top notch talent at every position, but what you can do is create an identity, and invest in that direction.

I don't knock this team for ignoring that facet, in fact I applaud this staff for investing and recognizing this teams strength.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
CCBoy, I remember very recently, and sorry I cant pull it up,, but I do remember brass saying that we will do it the Cowboys way.
I firmly believe that the context of that statement was about what the Cowboys have built.
We can all knock JG and company, but the fact as of today is that this team has built a stud OL, RB style Identity.
That fact can not be denied.
There are other areas on this team that can be nit picked, but you can do that with every team all day long, every team has their own individual Achilles Heel, so to speak.
As a franchise you have to pick your poison, you can never have it all.
In all honesty, I think that the Jags have come closer than any team in the league to balancing both sides, but did so without a franchise QB.
No team will ever be able to fulfill top notch talent at every position, but what you can do is create an identity, and invest in that direction.
I don't knock this team for ignoring that facet, in fact I applaud this staff for investing and recognizing this teams strength.

Hoooah, Golden. That is live football in the NFL. Good call, my friend.:)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
1Ts play over the center. Their job is to occupy the center and one of the guards. Take up space/blocking so the linebackers behind them can make plays.
That's old school 1 Tech true,, the new blood like Vea, can do that and get up field and be as disruptive as a 3 tech.

The problem is that they are a rare breed,, probably only 1 in this years draft, we will see about Payne.

So you have to be sitting at the right spot, with the right need, and the right board,,, basically the perfect storm, in order to be able to draft the best 1 tech, in any recent draft.

Most teams will not invest early on a 1 tech, unless the stars align, but players like Vea will up the anty, in future drafts.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
You'd think Marinate would've learned from the tandem of Booger and Sapp but nope.

That’s what baffles me!

He won a super bowl with Booger and Sapp, both first rounders. Chuck Darby was another solid rotational piece.

In Chicago he had Adams (2nd Rounder). Also had guys like Henry Melton

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s what baffles me!

He won a super bowl with Booger and Sapp, both first rounders. Chuck Darby was another solid rotational piece.

In Chicago he had Adams (2nd Rounder). Also had guys like Henry Melton
Since they let Sapp walk when Gruden took over, it appears they had no inkling of what they had.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys determined to show offensive lines win championships
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/07/13/dallas-cowboys-offensive-lines-championships/

*(take the time to read...a prove me wrong approach)

...Garrett’s Air Coryell offensive system helped former quarterback Tony Romo become the most prolific passer in Cowboys history. Under Garrett, the Cowboys problem has never been the offensive system.

Maybe Garrett is a puppet that claps too much on the sidelines. His downfall and biggest regret will be falling in love with a winning streak and not allowing a healthy Romo to return as the starter in 2016. His second regret will be not focusing on the defensive side of the football.

The Cowboys have spent far too many first round draft picks on the offensive line. The front office possesses a weird philosophy that believes defensive linemen aren’t worth first round picks.

The Cowboys selection of Boise State linebacker, Leighton Vander Esch is going to be their best defensive draft pick in years. However, Vander Esch isn’t a defensive lineman...

That Fansided sure has a lot of dumb articles.

The article contains not just outright falsehoods, but also conveniently contains the evidence for why they are false:
The front office possesses a weird philosophy that believes defensive linemen aren’t worth first round picks...
In 2017, defensive end Vidauntae Charlton aka Taco,​

How dumb do you have to be to write that? To be ignorant enough to write the first, and then dumb enough to fail to connect the dots when you write the second?

How about this:
The Cowboys have spent far too many first round draft picks on the offensive line.​

3 is "far too many"? So we should have stopped at Smith and Frederick, and not picked Martin, who is waltzing his way to the HOF?

And if 3 is *far* too many, 2 still has to be "too many", right? Is 1 all you should ever do?

How about:
Garrett gained offensive coordinator experience as a quarterback by working in Dallas with Norv Turner​

It's verbal diarrhea. It's words thrown out for the feelz, unconcerned with any correspondence to reality, or to each other.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That Fansided sure has a lot of dumb articles.

The article contains not just outright falsehoods, but also conveniently contains the evidence for why they are false:
The front office possesses a weird philosophy that believes defensive linemen aren’t worth first round picks...
In 2017, defensive end Vidauntae Charlton aka Taco,​

How dumb do you have to be to write that? To be ignorant enough to write the first, and then dumb enough to fail to connect the dots when you write the second?

How about this:
The Cowboys have spent far too many first round draft picks on the offensive line.​

3 is "far too many"? So we should have stopped at Smith and Frederick, and not picked Martin, who is waltzing his way to the HOF?

And if 3 is *far* too many, 2 still has to be "too many", right? Is 1 all you should ever do?

How about:
Garrett gained offensive coordinator experience as a quarterback by working in Dallas with Norv Turner​

It's verbal diarrhea. It's words thrown out for the feelz, unconcerned with any correspondence to reality, or to each other.

Naw, that is old fashioned sports journalism...something today's 'sophisticated' just don't have a realistic handle upon.

It sets parameters for comparative value, and isn't in itself, a non adjustable standard...sorry, not ring tapping stuff. Just satisfying stuff for a fan to watch and consider...as if that has to also be explained.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Naw, that is old fashioned sports journalism...something today's 'sophisticated' just don't have a realistic handle upon.

It sets parameters for comparative value, and isn't in itself, a non adjustable standard...sorry, not ring tapping stuff. Just satisfying stuff for a fan to watch and consider...as if that has to also be explained.

The old fashioned folks I know would call that article "talking out of your ***".