Video: Dallas Cowboys Find Three UDFA steals

Carter

Reaction score
Besides the big blocking TE that class was as weak as i can remember. Usually we found Gems. So far looks dull to me.

Carson

Reaction score
Besides the big blocking TE that class was as weak as i can remember. Usually we found Gems. So far looks dull to me.
The entire UDFA class was weak. You probably find about 5-10 guys who make an impact from this class.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully Nate Peat really is a steal.
We need a RB really bad. I like they brought Zeke back, but he has not been a #1 RB for a while now. Yes part of that had to do with an inferior OL that was here before.
And on paper it looks like that has been addressed. But can an UDFA become the #1 RB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Looks ??that's very ironic that you've had the good look at these guys in the Dallas Cowboys uniform because I haven't, I mean really, you're using your eyes from what you've seen from what their college days?

Looks can be deceiving,

I prefer to let them go through training camp and preseason start forming an opinion... But I think the surprise of camp is gonna be Nathaniel Peat, he's my pet cat and I think this running back is Tony Pollard with more speed... He will get his shot....

blueblood70

Reaction score
We need a RB really bad. I like they brought Zeke back, but he has not been a #1 RB for a while now. Yes part of that had to do with an inferior OL that was here before.
And on paper it looks like that has been addressed. But can an UDFA become the #1 RB.
I agree this is also my pet cat for the training camp and preseason.. I just really know in a team starved for a running back he'll get his shot.. In my opinion he's Tony Pollard with more speed guys got low mileage he can hit the ground running.. Pun intended :laugh:

just think about all the players they took whether it's in the draft or undrafted so we'll stick with the undrafted guys which of the positions would be the most easily beat out like what incumbent like who's in front of them it's what you really have to look at and I'm looking at the running backs and I can see this guy beating out at least three of the guys on the roster and could end up in the rotation easily.. Some of these other guys are talking about I mean the tight ends that that's a stacked room you're not gonna easily push anybody out some of the other positions as well outside of the defensive tackle the nose tackle we took I can see this kid easily finding his way onto the active roster..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Maybe I shouldn't listen to these videos, I mean I I was really pumped up on Peat and now all of a sudden, I'm not feeling as good... I still hold out hope a lot like Tony Pollard wasn't utilized a lot as a running back in college that this kid is a better pro than a better college prospect...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The entire UDFA class was weak. You probably find about 5-10 guys who make an impact from this class.
yeah right not to Jerry, he'd rather not have the draft and go right to the UDFA period!!!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Romo was a UDFA. Not sure why he wasn't drafted, though

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don't understand the Peyton Hendershot hype. He is a player that I am ready to move on from. Hopefully Spann-Ford is an upgrade and we can kick Hendershot to the curb.
I was joking.

I never got the hype either.

Broaddus was convinced the coaches liked him better than Ferguson going into last season. I knew he was painfully misinformed.

dogberry

Reaction score
Has the League apologized to Hendershot for that egregiously called penalty?

CWR

Reaction score
Agree, but have the least faith in UDFA rbs, because it seems we've had a bunch of guys who we drafted late or UDFA, who had awesome measurables but never amounted to anything. For some reason the rbs stick out to me.

shabazz

Reaction score
After listening to some of the UDFAs interviews and comments, many of them had choices but picked the Cowboys because of the abundance of spots that are up for competition.

Who says that not seriously utilizing free agency is a bad thing?

I'm stoked to see all the talent coming here with these undrafted guys......

Carson

Reaction score
After listening to some of the UDFAs interviews and comments, many of them had choices but picked the Cowboys because of the abundance of spots that are up for competition.

Who says that not seriously utilizing free agency is a bad thing?

I'm stoked to see all the talent coming here with these undrafted guys......
Every player says that for every team.

No players signs as an UDFA to not have a shot at the PS.

They have 2-3 openings and that’s pushing it.

Spann-Ford pushes Hendershot off the 53.

A linebacker or safety may make the team. Thats it

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am not seeing it ,this could be our worst UDFA crop in a long time.