Video: Dallas Cowboys Find Three UDFA steals

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I don't understand the Peyton Hendershot hype. He is a player that I am ready to move on from. Hopefully Spann-Ford is an upgrade and we can kick Hendershot to the curb.

The Cowboys beat writers said last year that rookie UDFA WR turned TE John Stephens Jr was going to make the roster over Hendershot before he got hurt in the preseason. He was the better player in camp.

Plus as a former WR he has decent hands, and he’s actually ridiculously athletic.

If he heals up from the ACL tear as expected, I have very little doubt he’ll kick Hendershot off the roster. He just has more potential than Hendershot, at least as the pass-catching, down-the-seam TE the Cowboys could use to compliment Ferguson.

Loso86

Reaction score
The entire UDFA class was weak. You probably find about 5-10 guys who make an impact from this class.
Not really but if we go there let's be real this wasn't a goo talented draft class overall so yea the udfa won't be as stout as most years

Loso86

Reaction score
I don't understand the Peyton Hendershot hype. He is a player that I am ready to move on from. Hopefully Spann-Ford is an upgrade and we can kick Hendershot to the curb.
PH was more of the athletic, fiery and down the field TE most want. Idk if it's lack of opportunities or what

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The Cowboys beat writers said last year that rookie UDFA WR turned TE John Stephens Jr was going to make the roster over Hendershot before he got hurt in the preseason. He was the better player in camp.

Plus as a former WR he has decent hands, and he’s actually ridiculously athletic.

If he heals up from the ACL tear as expected, I have very little doubt he’ll kick Hendershot off the roster. He just has more potential than Hendershot, at least as the pass-catching, down-the-seam TE the Cowboys could use to compliment Ferguson.

I think Ferguson is pretty confident already.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree. However I seen him listed as a WR.
They could use him as both I guess.

He was looking very good in TC last year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Haven’t seen anyone hype him. :huh:

Gambit

Reaction score
LB Mogenson from South Dakota looks to be a smart player who is disciplined in assignments might have a shot.

Another LB with some size 6'2 235

Verdict

Reaction score
I was joking.

I never got the hype either.

Broaddus was convinced the coaches liked him better than Ferguson going into last season. I knew he was painfully misinformed.
Ferguson showed the year before last that he was a solid replacement for Schultz. I’m not sure why the Cowboys seemingly forced a TE selection in the second round when Ferguson had already shown significant ability.

shabazz

Reaction score
Every player says that for every team.

No players signs as an UDFA to not have a shot at the PS.

They have 2-3 openings and that’s pushing it.

Spann-Ford pushes Hendershot off the 53.

A linebacker or safety may make the team. Thats it
So true.....an UDFA or our newly drafted DT has zero chance of dislodging our potent run-stoppers.

They probably said that too when Leon Lett was taken in the 7th round.....so stacked here, it's an embarrassment of riches, really.

I'm starting to really buy in to this season now!

Just think....only a safety and LBs spot to be filled.

timb2

Reaction score
I think Julius Wood has a chance to stick.

Carson

Reaction score
So true.....an UDFA or our newly drafted DT has zero chance of dislodging our potent run-stoppers.

They probably said that too when Leon Lett was taken in the 7th round.....so stacked here, it's an embarrassment of riches, really.

I'm starting to really buy in to this season now!

Just think....only a safety and LBs spot to be filled.
A 7th rounder likely beats out Carl Davis. Hooray! You’re safe now!

Be real. Osa, Fehoko, Golston are your 3 techs / tweeners.

Mazi, Davis, Rogers. Rogers likely can beat out Davis.

Like I said, 2-3 UDFA will make it. You just like the other downers continue to say “9-10 UDFAS make the team because they stink.” Please. Show me.

Everyone here is becoming toxic with the same old “he said there are not many open spots so lets do the bit where we think he says they are Super Bowl bound.” “Dak stinks” “5 win team”

This team isn’t Super Bowl bound. But they still will win 10-12 games.

morat1959

Reaction score
Hurry…get your tickets and merchandise! Another SB year. Just ask the Jones.

shabazz

Reaction score
A 7th rounder likely beats out Carl Davis. Hooray! You’re safe now!

Be real. Osa, Fehoko, Golston are your 3 techs / tweeners.

Mazi, Davis, Rogers. Rogers likely can beat out Davis.

Like I said, 2-3 UDFA will make it. You just like the other downers continue to say “9-10 UDFAS make the team because they stink.” Please. Show me.

Everyone here is becoming toxic with the same old “he said there are not many open spots so lets do the bit where we think he says they are Super Bowl bound.” “Dak stinks” “5 win team”

This team isn’t Super Bowl bound. But they still will win 10-12 games.
I was thinking more like 13-14 wins but I guess I just appreciate the talent here more than others........the rest of East is definitely on notice.

And show me where I said 9-10 UDFAs make the team......no reason for hyperbole to attempt to make a point.....keep it real

_sturt_

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm just a hard sell on the idea that if a player couldn't even be the lead RB on his own college team, he's somehow going to squeeze on to the 53-man of an NFL team as a UDFA. Peat's best hope, in my otherwise uninformed opinion, is to make the practice squad.

Spann-Ford got big money, and that routinely means the front office anticipates the player is a legit threat to make the 53... given how enthusiasm for Hendershot tailed off last season, I'm a believer that if training camp got cancelled, S-F would have a roster slot. He will have to disappoint or Hendershot will have to turn heads in order for S-F to fall short. Either is certainly very, very plausible.

I see no one else on the UDFA list that seems a serious threat to make the 53 man. But there's always hope that you can show well enough in preseason that you get invited to the PS.

Gambit

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm just a hard sell on the idea that if a player couldn't even be the lead RB on his own college team, he's somehow going to squeeze on to the 53-man of an NFL team as a UDFA. Peat's best hope, in my otherwise uninformed opinion, is to make the practice squad.

Spann-Ford got big money, and that routinely means the front office anticipates the player is a legit threat to make the 53... given how enthusiasm for Hendershot tailed off last season, I'm a believer that if training camp got cancelled, S-F would have a roster slot. He will have to disappoint or Hendershot will have to turn heads in order for S-F to fall short. Either is certainly very, very plausible.

I see no one else on the UDFA list that seems a serious threat to make the 53 man. But there's always hope that you can show well enough in preseason that you get invited to the PS.
Spann-Ford looks to be a very capable inline blocker. I do expect he makes team, irregardless of Hendershot. I believe they have Stephens listed as a WR and historically McCarthy likes to carry TEs on roster.

On a side note Voch has tossed out the idea that they may be thinking long term move to OT for Ford...just a hypothesis but interesting.