Video: Dallas Cowboys Find Three UDFA steals

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This udfa class does look underwhelming. Broaddus said that they signed 5 of 10 guys with draftable grades. An article says that Spann-Ford had a 5th round grade.

Gambit

Reaction score
This udfa class does look underwhelming. Broaddus said that they signed 5 of 10 guys with draftable grades. An article says that Spann-Ford had a 5th round grade.
Back half of this draft was underwhelming. Rogers was probably about last option for 1T left which is why they drafted him instead of trying to have to outbid for him.

Spann-Ford on consensus big board was 220 avg with peak 119. I'd say we got good value signing him for sure.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Spann-Ford looks to be a very capable inline blocker. I do expect he makes team, irregardless of Hendershot. I believe they have Stephens listed as a WR and historically McCarthy likes to carry TEs on roster.
That's key. Are they serious about that? I'm skeptical until we get to camp, but yeah, I suppose it's not completely out of the question... he's listed at 221, and that's on the light side for a TE fersure.

I don't think they'll carry more than 4 TEs--that's been pretty much the standard number for as long as I can recall.

On a side note Voch has tossed out the idea that they may be thinking long term move to OT for Ford...just a hypothesis but interesting.
Yes, that would be. Think I read that he would have been drafted except for questions about drops.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are known for finding hidden gems in undrafted free agency. Did they find another steal this year?

Speaking on Spann, with the size he has, he better learn how to block early if he wants to be any more than a camp body.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Back half of this draft was underwhelming. Rogers was probably about last option for 1T left which is why they drafted him instead of trying to have to outbid for him.

Spann-Ford on consensus big board was 220 avg with peak 119. I'd say we got good value signing him for sure.
Its the comp at TE entering camp.
Ferg - locked in
Schoon - Carries the 2nd round grade, he makes the cut no matter what.
Hendershot - your definitely on the bubble.
JSJ - Do not overlook this TE, he had the usual untimely injury but those of us paying attention saw a few glimpses of what he could be..
Brevyn Ford Spann... lets role with (BFS) just to save everyone time.
So BFS needs to show up early and send Hendershot packing, or ....... here is the option.
We get so deep at the TE position that we keep what we have and continue development,,, not so crazy that the smart teams are stashing TEs and making room on the roster.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’m a fan of Denzel Daxon who already looks like a really good run defender. Just started playing football at age 17. He accomplished a lot at Illinois, and he and our Auburn 7th round pick, Rogers, may be a great foundation for the future.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Spend 5 minutes and go look at all the Teams rosters and tell me how many Quality TEs there are,, and the ones that are exceptional are aging faster than young TEs like Pitts was supposed to develop.
Just saying that I have zero issue with this team going as deep as they can with TEs, what if Hendershot looks better than Tolbert to our franchise QB?
Not even trying to get it started, but maybe Dak prefers larger targets crossing the field in his vision parameters.