News: Dallas Cowboys Full-Round Mock Drafts: Who The Fans Would Pick After The Senior Bowl

CCBoy

Reaction score
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/draft-zone.40/create-thread

1Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
Dallas falls in love and realizes that they can trade down, grab some value, and still draft Wentz (at least for this mock) - clinton333

2Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia TechI run to the podium to win day two by stealing the ballhawking Fuller here. He has NFL lineage (brothers Kyle, Corey, and Vincent preceded his path from VaTech to the NFL) to go with plus instincts, size, speed, physicality, change of direction, twitch to close, and supreme confidence. Can play outside early when Scandrick moves to the slot and fits the cover 2 mold better while still possessing man to man skills. I see Marcus Peters without the baggage, and his injury this year is the only reason we are getting a top 20 talent mid second round. - Dealataunt

2Sheldon Rankins, DT, LouisvilleFinally the defense will have an opportunity to experience a dominant force at the point of attack. Rankins will shore up the middle, as he possesses the skill to not only plug the A-gap, but displays the agility to shoot gaps and disrupt plays. With his relentless effort, Rankins can stay on the field on obvious passing downs to collapse the pocket and pressure QBs. Day One starter alongside of Tyrone Crawford. The back half of the defense will benefit tremendously (even Carr and Mo may look good). - D.White

3Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio StateNo way that Braxton makes it to the 80th pick in this draft. In my opinion the former QB will provide a different dimension to our Cowboys offense. May take him some time to develop and learn the position, but with the talent we already have in our receiving corps, I do not think he will be rushed in his development. I also hope that he can develop his returning skills and be a solid contributor on special teams.- rrparker

4Scooby Wright, LB, ArizonaAn absolute gem. At the start of last year, was considered a 1st round pick before an injury took him all out for the year. and all the way down here. I honestly think he could be a starting MLB. Possibly not right out of the gate, but next year but could be a rotation player immediately. Great awareness, good tackling. Basically a lot like Sean Lee. - goldeneye101

6Kevin Byard, SS, Middle TennesseeI know this is late for our annual small school guy, but I’ll take a S that has 19 career INTs, 4 returned for TDs, on top of 300 career tackles. "He does an excellent job reading the eyes of the quarterback and gaining proper position with aggressiveness and timing at the catch point, showing strong hands and hand-eye coordination to pluck the ball." - Sir Robin...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Holy crap, that's a great draft. I don't even want Wentz, but if we got Fuller, Rankins and Miller I wouldn't complain.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Pretty impressive haul

I'd complain some, but settle for the foreseeable future

Hardline

Reaction score
I don't want a QB in the first but if I did I would take him at 4 because he could get picked very soon afterwards.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Wentz has more buzz then a African bee colony nd thats including the scouts
I've read about. A short trade down will get you Lynch

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Wentz has more buzz then a African bee colony nd thats including the scouts
I've read about. A short trade down will get you Lynch

The right trade down could very well net you 3, top 50 picks. That would be two years in a row we came away with three guys rated in the top 50.

conner01

Reaction score
The right trade down could very well net you 3, top 50 picks. That would be two years in a row we came away with three guys rated in the top 50.

And another year you may not be able to address QB with the best prospects
Love that defy but not seeing a lot of those guys being around with those picks

waving monkey

Reaction score
The central issue is some don't believe QB is a priority.Fine as you wish.
I'll take QB and never regret it.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Or they don't think the QB's in this class are worth the

possible but it's commonly recognized that the QB is drafted earlier then graded
simply because of the enormous influence that position holds

some think it's prudent to stock your team with QB talent
others have a wholistic view of the team
OK I see the point, I'm taking the QB

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think you have to take the best QB you can find and start getting him ready.

Take him at 4 and just know we have addressed the problem for the future.

Trying to trade back will tip who we want and where.

Other teams will trade up ahead of us and send us down the draft order.

I remember when we were going to draft Jerry Rice and the 9ers move up right ahead of us.

I remember passing on Randy Moss and taking a defensive end instead and forever regretting it.

No regrets this time.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Would love that draft. My only concern would be Rankins might not be big enough to play the 1tech (that is what some of the scouts concerns were) but I still think he is a great player

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The central issue is some don't believe QB is a priority.Fine as you wish.
I'll take QB and never regret it.

I dont think anybody believes that backup QB isnt a issue. Ive never once heard or read anybody not say it was. BUt i dont think this team think Romo's time is coming to an end soon. People say his body is breaking down where? The guy broke his back and had one of the best NFL seasons in the history of the nfl stats wise. Had by far the best season of his career. This yr he had a very unlucky injury in a broken collarbone. Every yr Dez and McClain miss half the season in games or parts of games because of injuries but people say resign McClain or Dez deserves a pass because he is passionate. Romo is tougher than both of them divas combined with alot to spare.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I dont think anybody believes that backup QB isnt a issue. Ive never once heard or read anybody not say it was. BUt i dont think this team think Romo's time is coming to an end soon. People say his body is breaking down where? The guy broke his back and had one of the best NFL seasons in the history of the nfl stats wise. Had by far the best season of his career. This yr he had a very unlucky injury in a broken collarbone. Every yr Dez and McClain miss half the season in games or parts of games because of injuries but people say resign McClain or Dez deserves a pass because he is passionate. Romo is tougher than both of them divas combined with alot to spare.

Forget Romo's injury history if you want.
I'll talk about his age and then I'll comment on the lack of talent behind him.
Maybe I'd like to recall just last season after Romo and his clavical did a return bow.
I'll talk about the years post Aikman when JJones didn't prepare for him to retire.

Again its only the most important position on the team by a long shoot.
Nobodies saying it isn't an issue? but their plan is to bring in a veteran QB
that his previous team let walk? Or a mid level draft pick?

This continuing disagreement must center around win the Bowl now and not
prepare for the eventualities of later.
That #4 pick might get you a contributor this coming season or may take some
seasoning as most do. Only the RB normally hits the ground running.

The argument has grown stale just shoot me.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
According to this sight, why don't we just wait until the 2nd and take the best QB in the Draft.

i.e. PAXTON LYNCH

Last edited:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Forget Romo's injury history if you want.
I'll talk about his age and then I'll comment on the lack of talent behind him.
Maybe I'd like to recall just last season after Romo and his clavical did a return bow.
I'll talk about the years post Aikman when JJones didn't prepare for him to retire.

Again its only the most important position on the team by a long shoot.
Nobodies saying it isn't an issue? but their plan is to bring in a veteran QB
that his previous team let walk? Or a mid level draft pick?

This continuing disagreement must center around win the Bowl now and not
prepare for the eventualities of later.
That #4 pick might get you a contributor this coming season or may take some
seasoning as most do. Only the RB normally hits the ground running.

The argument has grown stale just shoot me.

NOw ill point out that Jerry has accepted blame for the QB situation this past season. But he also said theres FA, theres a draft. Stephen Jones has said the same thing. Both has said they dont have to draft a QB high because there are other options they like. There are players becoming available that theylike that werent available to them in previous drafts. IMO that sounds like RG3. QB is the most important part of any team, but is backup QB? Because thats what this pick will be for a few more yrs. Point being the Jones' are trying to tell people, is they dont need to take the QB at 4 because they have the QB they want there. They could trade down some and pick up Lynch who IMO is better then both Goff and Wentz. When you got these guys who rise when no football is being played as Goff and Wentz have you get players like EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Blaine Gabbert.

Round 1
Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater
Round 2
Carr, Garropolo

Round1
EJ Manuel, Geno smith

Round 1
Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden
Round 2
Osweiler
Round 3
Wilson, Foles