Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dallas Cowboys go international for added size, defensive line depth

By Josh Sanchez | Sports Illustrated/FanNation
June 15, 2024

images%2FImagnImages%2Fmmsport%2Fcowboys_country%2F01j0ezfyqyjr3veaz6rs.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys have gone international to add some size and depth to the interior defensive line.

Rookie free agent defensive tackle Denzel Daxon, who checks in at 6-foot-2, 304 pounds, played his college career with the Ohio Bobcats and Illinois Fighting Illini.

He was born and raised in Nassau, Bahamas...Read more

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hope he works out.

The link goes to a story about the Cowboys reuniting with Cobb. Not sure if they've actually talked or not, but the writer was listing him as insurance.
They also added an undrafted free agent defensive tackle plus what that's 7th rounder from Auburn the big dude hopefully Mazi takes a step... Besides the fact that we've changed offensive coordinators with a new vision and new voice and a new scheme should help immediately.

Ohh and please don't be fooled by every single player who still a free agent it's somehow 6° of separation of how the Cowboys might sign them that's all puff pieces they need to mention the Dallas Cowboys as much as possible because that's how it works the biggest clickbait to get content and viewers it's just mentioning the Dallas Cowboys.... I'm sure the Cowboys do have a list for insurance but I don't think they're gonna bring an older receiver in here until they actually need one that would be taking away snaps from kevonte Turpin and tolbert whoever else might step up we've got some undrafted free agents that look pretty good in camp some guys from last camp I mean let these guys learn...

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Hope he works out.

The link goes to a story about the Cowboys reuniting with Cobb. Not sure if they've actually talked or not, but the writer was listing him as insurance.
Yeah I saw that too between Cobb or Cooks it is meh and meh.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why can't fans just root for the kid and how he may be able to help the team you profess to be a fan of.
Instead, we get the usual stuff so far.

So what he is a long shot. Look for the good in for once.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Why can't fans just root for the kid and how he may be able to help the team you profess to be a fan of.

Pollyanna's are truly boring that is why
and also when the season ends like it did anyone trying to be one deservedly gets worked
There is no reason to act like this kid has any chance at all
miracles do happen but that is pretty much what it would take for this guy to become a good starter
and other players working hard with a better chance to do something are ignored by the Polyanna's

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and also when the season ends like it did anyone trying to be one deservedly gets worked
miracles do happen but that is pretty much what it would take for this guy to become a good starter
and other players working hard with a better chance to do something are ignored by the Polyanna's
No one is trying to be a Pollyanna. But there is no need to be a hater all the time either.

I bet some of the same fans are the ones thinking Deuce Vahaugn was a great pick as well.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Who isn’t rooting for him?

I can’t speak for anyone else but it’s probably about this being the big DT move (along with a 7th round pick) after just getting trucked up the middle in a home playoff game as the two seed.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hope he works out.

Thanks for the heads up about the link. That is freaking weird. I checked the link before posting it. It went straight to Daxon's story originally.

I have edited it. It should be okay for any members to use now. ~fingers crossed~

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Same kind of with the Mexican kid alcaron that NEVER had any chance to make this team. I know this is a different story but eh

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

They’re obviously incapable of anything but being pessimistic.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Agree. 304 lbs in not huge. 345 is what we need. A monster Samoan or Sumo wrestler type.
what does it matter either way if they get blown off the ball, or our LB's make late reads to the ball

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what does it matter either way if they get blown off the ball, or our LB's make late reads to the ball
Different set of LB's this season, with the exception of Clark. Who was improving last year even playing out of position.
Zimmer has him back to his normal position so far.