News: Dallas Cowboys: How much will Gallimore and Hill impact DT decisions?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I want Barmore. Better prospect than both Pitts and Chase, just not a glory position.
Barmore is a player that is going to rise slowly through the draft process. By early April, I can see him getting mocked around 10ish. He is a potential double digit sack DT. Those guys tend to rise

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
What gallimore and hill mean are that this team needs to focus on obtaining a 1T. You have a really solid rotation at 3T provided gallimore can take the next step in his development. I know that’s a risk, however with as many holes as this defense has you need to roll the dice somewhere.

Barmore gets mentioned a lot around here. I’m a fan. Better suited for 3T but I think his skills against the run are underrated. I think he could play inside especially if we found a vet to rotate in with him at the 1T spot.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We'll likely sit on our hands and just see how they pan out at that position as we always do.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hill had burst to shoot a gap and get some surprise pressure. But the other 90% of his plays where he was being moved with ease especially in the run game is what I have a problem with. Gap shooters don’t usually have the power or size to handle an OL when engaged which is a problem for Hill especially in a defense that isn’t as focused on gap play as it was under Rod. Add in two ILBs who think we’re playing flag football and it’s a recipe for one of the worst run defenses in the league.

90%? Hardly.

His issue was recognition of reaches, combos, and doubles. Less so proper technique. He only got hooked like that a couple times a game. Not 9 out of 10 plays.

Hill was so raw that he should have been a 4th round developmental player. That being said, he is progressing well.

His technique is leaps and bounds better and on a team that was awful at their keys and didn't seem to get better -I'm looking at you Woods- Hill improved.

Motorola

Reaction score
The biggest factor regarding DT decisions with be new DC Dan Quinn - what changes he wants as far as scheme and tecnique goes, along witb evaluating personnel. I'm sure Quinn is reviewing Hill's and Gallimore's performances this past season to determine how to improve the defense overall.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have the worst collection of DTs in the NFL and have for years. We might have the worst front 7 as well. DLAW is really the only guy worth a dam in the front seven.