News: Dallas Cowboys: It’s time to start giving Dak Prescott some credit

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
That was his best throw. 22 yards into triple coverage. The rest was all Cooper as he reversed direction to break free.

I can count on one hand this year that kind of throw from Prescott. Which is rather routine for a good QB.

Dak's completed air yards (how far the ball travels in the air, no YAC) is 5.4. (T-23rd)

Tom Brady & Cam Newton also have 5.4.

Big Ben & Stafford are at 4.7.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is #2 in the league with 8.8.

So are Tom Brady & Cam Newton good QBs? Is Fitzpatrick?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If it were not for that 90 yarder, there is nothing in his stats to say he is playing better. He actually is not playing better, he does have a better target but it is the same Dak as game 1-6. The Commanders game outside of those 2 TD's by Amari was horrid QB play.
Why would you conveniently leave out a big play? Makes no sense.

Nav22

Reaction score
Anyone who can’t give Dak credit for playing well vs the Commanders is either very stupid or dislikes Dak for some other reason.

9.3 yards/attempt, 3 TD, 0 turnovers and a win. Am I missing something here?

“But he misfired on a few throws!” As if EVERY QB doesn’t have a few misfires every game. I saw Aaron Rodgers toss a couple short throws right into the dirt last night.

CWR

Reaction score
Whenever you want to talk about it intelligently let me know.

I doubt you're capable of it.

Funny, coming from the guy who said Brady wont be fit to carry Wentz jock strap when its all said and done.

Dont let facts interrupt your agenda.

Nav22

Reaction score
Why would you conveniently leave out a big play? Makes no sense.
But notice that they’ll still count the INTs that bounce off a WR’s hands against Dak.

At this point, their misery is funny to me. Dak’s not going anywhere.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
But notice that they’ll still count the INTs that bounce off a WR’s hands against Dak.

At this point, their misery is funny to me. Dak’s not going anywhere.
I mean, I'm willing to point out his short comings, mistakes and that he's not Tom Brady, but jesus....Some fans could open up a "goalpost moving company."

Nav22

Reaction score
Exactly right. Same guy with just a better playmaker after the catch on the roster.
Hahahahaha

So he went from having literally the worst receiving weapons in the league... to now having a Pro Bowl-caliber WR that we added midseason.... and NOW you think the deck is unfairly stacked in his favor!

You can’t make this garbage up.

Nav22

Reaction score
I mean, I'm willing to point out his short comings, mistakes and that he's not Tom Brady, but jesus....Some fans could open up a "goalpost moving company."
Somehow, the goalposts for Carson Wentz don’t even require that he win more than half his games. LOL!

On pace for another losing season... Dak can only wonder what that feels like.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Somehow, the goalposts for Carson Wentz don’t even require that he win more than half his games. LOL!

I bet there are still fans who wish we had the opportunity to move up and draft him. THAT'S how crazy it is.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

How many of you QBs are responsible for W/L people are there? Such a ridiculous argument.

rwalters31

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: It’s time to start giving Dak Prescott some credit
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/11/26/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-credit/

...Prescott actually deserves some credit for the way he has played from the beginning of the season to today. The Dallas Cowboys front office left Prescott short a true number one receiver, but even with a receiving core that didn’t scare teams, he put up decent numbers for the situation he was given.

When you look at his numbers he was completing 62.1 percent of his passes while averaging 202 yards, 6.9 yards per attempt, with eight touchdowns to four interceptions. Those numbers gave him a passer rating of 87.4 through the first eight weeks. Again not great numbers but for what he was given that is pretty good.

Now when the Dallas Cowboy front office realized the error of their ways putting their franchise quarterback in that position they immediately went out and got Dak Prescott a number one receiver. And in the four weeks since his arrival, Prescott has shown everyone what he can do when he has a big-time threat on the outside.

With receiver Amari Cooper on the field, Dak Prescott is completing 97.7 percent of his passes and averaging 240 yards, and 7.3 yards per attempt with three touchdowns to one interception. Those numbers give him a new passer rating of 96.4 with Cooper on the field. Those numbers look like they will continue to rise as the season goes along...

When he learns to get rid of the ball more quickly, throw the ball into the cheap sits when no WR is open, reads defenses, and never settles for a sack then I will agree with you.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Completing 97.7% of his passes? Did I read that right?

In your dreams you did. And on the 2.3% of incompletions, the officials didn't call pass interference because there's a conspiracy against us.

Nav22

Reaction score
How many of you QBs are responsible for W/L people are there? Such a ridiculous argument.
I’ll bet you think it’s a huge coincidence that the best QBs usually have good career W/L records. LOL!

Nav22

Reaction score
Because 1 90 yard TD pass in the midst of crap does not mean you are better! It just help disguise it!
Even if you took that play out, he had 2 TD and no turnovers.

“In the midst of crap” LOLLLLL

I’m sorry Dak took a dump on your turkey.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It makes perfect sense, depending on the posters goal.
It makes no sense. It's like the idiots claiming finally having a No. 1 WR is a topic of criticism. You can't cherry pick.