Dallas Cowboys' Mike McCarthy 1st Fired HC Betting Favorite?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
If MM gets fired it won't be until the end of the season. The only reason Wade Phillips was fired mid season was because Jerry's pet project, Jason Garrett, was already on staff and Jerry most likely had already promised him the job once Wade was gone. That isn't the case this time around.
Jerry plans to make Zimmer the next HC.

Search your feelings. You KNOW it's true.

shabazz

Reaction score
Week 11 is waiting on McCarthy. If the Cowboys have a losing record and Texans embarrass the Boys on Monday Night Football, I see this as the trigger point......if it is to happen at all .

Aven8

Reaction score
While I get the playoff game was abysmal, the guy can coach. Whatever ails the Cowboys it isn’t the coaching. The QB goes flat in big games. It’s as simple as that.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Jerry's riding with MM & Dak this season. No way MM will be fired before season's end.

Absent a much better post-season showing, both will be gone after it's over. If Dallas progresses, then Jerry will open up his checkbook.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy's firing would finally validate or obliterate months long predictions and expectations empowered by quotes like this:

Jerry Jones said:
I know him personally and I like him. "There's no doubt in my mind we could work together. None. None.
(link)

Personally, I do not believe there is a chance in Hades Bill Belichick gets the job. That includes any odds levied by Lloyd Christmas. However, I will find it extremely interesting how events will unfold before-and-on the day the next Dallas Cowboys' head coach is named.

blueblood70

Reaction score
While I get the playoff game was abysmal, the guy can coach. Whatever ails the Cowboys it isn’t the coaching. The QB goes flat in big games. It’s as simple as that.
well, you almost had me and said something that made sense until once again take shot JUST at the QB lmao go flat??!!

you mean in A 1 dimensional offense where said OC/HC did NOT create a strong efficient run game 9IN EVERY LOSS AND the Seattle win!) and the offensive line NOT playing physical and a game they had 11 penalties, sure any qb wishes to play a zone d that can rush the passer and stop the run with 4-man line playing max coverage with little time to find and open WR ,because they weren't any most plays. Sure wonderful anyone but Dak could survive that against the better teams and Ds?? :facepalm: oh add the defense gave up what 5-6 tds ..

right a flat qb that's so simple we all decided to NOT AGREE, its much more complicated in these FULL TEAM Losses..:angry::huh::thumbdown::espn::popcorn:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
McCarthy's firing would finally validate or obliterate months long predictions and expectations empowered by quotes like this:

(link)

Personally, I do not believe there is a chance in Hades Bill Belichick gets the job. That includes any odds levied by Lloyd Christmas. However, I will find it extremely interesting how events will unfold before-and-on the day the next Dallas Cowboys' head coach is named.
Didn't Jerry make similar comments about Wade Phillips just weeks prior to showing him the door?

Flamma

Reaction score
There might be a better chance they stop playing for Dak. Remember how CeeDee looked during the Green Bay game?

In response to your question, though, Jerry also had his next HC waiting on the sideline in 2010, and it made the mid-season firing quite a bit easier. in 2019 and now that same scenario doesn't exist. Best case is he is released without a contract at the end of the season, same as Garrett.
If the team actually stops playing, regardless of the reason, the coach is always fired. It's easily noticeable. Remember last year when the Raiders put up 63 points on the Chargers? You can't let that continue. Being bad is one thing, not competing is totally different. You saw it with the Eagles at the end of the season. But that was a crazy situation since they started 10-1. Besides, if need be, Zimmer can coach the rest of the season.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No way they fire Mike. They already have things setup for the next HC to hire his own OC and DC next year. They already plan on moving on from Mike so unless things get historically bad he's here for 1 last year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak or McCarthy should’ve been sent packing after last season.

They did nothing.

This franchise is a joke and now we have to waste another season because of ownership dragging their feet.
IMG-0515.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RICHIE WHITTJUL 19, 2024

Over 34 seasons and eight head-coach firings (counting Tom Landry in 1989), only once has Jerry Jones made an in-season change. Could it happen this year if Mike McCarthy's Dallas Cowboys get off to a slow start?

In 2010 - only nine months removed from the team's first playoff win in 13 years - the owner fired Wade Phillips and replaced him with Jason Garrett. The Cowboys entered the season as defending NFC East champs, but an early season-ending injury to quarterback Tony Romo led to games started by backups Jon Kitna and Stephen McGee and the season hit rock bottom in an embarrassing 45-7 loss at Green Bay on Sunday Night Football.

https://athlonsports.com/cowboys-co...g-odds-first-coach-fired-nfc-east-jerry-jones

3 of the top 6 are NFC East HC's!
Big Mike will get extended by mid-year as he leads the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.

And this is all the haters

IMG-0516.gif

Trying to jump back on the ship.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully he’s the first.
So you’re hoping we have a rotten season? It’s going to take a rotten season for him to get fired because he will be given the ax during the season.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Agree. The problem is going to be the schedule which we're going to play the big boys now. This will make a certain player on our team with some great excuses by all his fan boys and the media will throw their narrative in for that same player also. Fun season coming!

sunalsorises

Reaction score
There is no future HC on the staff like there was with Wade. Jerry wanted to see what Garrett could do and Garrett actually improved the team so he got to stick around for a decade or so.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
RICHIE WHITTJUL 19, 2024

Over 34 seasons and eight head-coach firings (counting Tom Landry in 1989), only once has Jerry Jones made an in-season change. Could it happen this year if Mike McCarthy's Dallas Cowboys get off to a slow start?

In 2010 - only nine months removed from the team's first playoff win in 13 years - the owner fired Wade Phillips and replaced him with Jason Garrett. The Cowboys entered the season as defending NFC East champs, but an early season-ending injury to quarterback Tony Romo led to games started by backups Jon Kitna and Stephen McGee and the season hit rock bottom in an embarrassing 45-7 loss at Green Bay on Sunday Night Football.

https://athlonsports.com/cowboys-co...g-odds-first-coach-fired-nfc-east-jerry-jones

3 of the top 6 are NFC East HC's!
No he's not, read the article, he's the SECOND betting favorite to be fired this year................................LOL!