Dallas Cowboys' Mike McCarthy 1st Fired HC Betting Favorite?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Actually there has been a pretty good turnover in players since MM became HC.
Yes he inherited some leftovers and some rotten groceries as well. But he has quite a few fresh ones to work with now.

However, there are still a handful of Garrett's left.

Well, I was referring more to the lack of free agents, compared to Garrett.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I'm not sure why everyone hates on McCarthy. He's done an impressive job here in my opinion. Unfortunately, I do feel this will be his last season here, likely replaced by Belichick aka the head coach who has never won anything without Brady.

leeblair

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys' Mike McCarthy 1st Fired HC Betting Favorite?
RICHIE WHITTJUL 19, 2024

Over 34 seasons and eight head-coach firings (counting Tom Landry in 1989), only once has Jerry Jones made an in-season change. Could it happen this year if Mike McCarthy's Dallas Cowboys get off to a slow start?

In 2010 - only nine months removed from the team's first playoff win in 13 years - the owner fired Wade Phillips and replaced him with Jason Garrett. The Cowboys entered the season as defending NFC East champs, but an early season-ending injury to quarterback Tony Romo led to games started by backups Jon Kitna and Stephen McGee and the season hit rock bottom in an embarrassing 45-7 loss at Green Bay on Sunday Night Football.

https://athlonsports.com/cowboys-co...g-odds-first-coach-fired-nfc-east-jerry-jones

3 of the top 6 are NFC East HC's!
It would be a shame if McCarthy loses his job over a quarterback he was saddled with.
Then again he knew what he was getting into. He should have been man enough and coach enough to call out the real problem with his team.
I think he's a great coach, but he might not have seen it.