Twitter: Dallas Cowboys OTA Twitter

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kazee is already out there

ernmabhp4qbzlmqe5xju.jpg

I was checking on that as well. Good to see.
:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My hope is they get back to running the ball much more effectively. If we are throwing 50 times a game I don’t see a great season for the team
I’d be running 40% of the time assuming you can
The key to me is an effective run game and control the ball and the clock. Force other teams to play catch-up in a short game

I'd do whatever is more effective in getting that early lead. Then you can try to dictate the pace of the game. They did that effectively a few years back, when a dominant running game was able to control the game and cover for a mediocre or worse defense.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
My hope is they get back to running the ball much more effectively. If we are throwing 50 times a game I don’t see a great season for the team
I’d be running 40% of the time assuming you can
The key to me is an effective run game and control the ball and the clock. Force other teams to play catch-up in a short game

I disagree. Passing game is much more efficient than the running game in most down & distances and the offense should be balanced as such.

I would like to see more pass plays on 1st down. Overall general optimal pass play percentages should be 73%–83%.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/nwXFAJFHiyIXrqwSrPGFnY12MDfghFYXYV4MR1ojRkud5rculagkzEXuZVobHNUjxBNCaAbLDe573vxhePfI0NI7Ajwz2UElEcRTskk5jz8rrSwbWXnQl3RfxaRNEB4CJ_RlezqC

conner01

Reaction score
I disagree. Passing game is much more efficient than the running game in most down & distances and the offense should be balanced as such.

I would like to see more pass plays on 1st down. Overall general optimal pass play percentages should be 73%–83%.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/nwXFAJFHiyIXrqwSrPGFnY12MDfghFYXYV4MR1ojRkud5rculagkzEXuZVobHNUjxBNCaAbLDe573vxhePfI0NI7Ajwz2UElEcRTskk5jz8rrSwbWXnQl3RfxaRNEB4CJ_RlezqC
I think that’s too hard on a defense
I do like passing more on first downs but I also like play action
If you are running 20% of the time there is no play action
Obviously passing plays are gonna generate more yards but a effective runs game gives you easier down field shots
If you force a team to play the run it gives a QB more time as well
I think 60-40 pass to run is ideal although it will vary week to week and you have to run effectively

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If you are running 20% of the time there is no play action

Actually, statistics have showed that the amount you run has no impact on the success of play-action (which I would also like to see increase, as well as pre-snap motion).

blueblood70

Reaction score
i notice he the red jersey and betting the coaches made it clear no one within 2 yards falling anywhere near his foot..when hes actually going live with players allowed to hit, tackle, and shove him in game will be the true test..I feel like TB on the road game 1 he could lay a bit cautious, ground bunch of balls early to avoid contact..or at least GP that has ton of checkdown installed until he gets comfortable holding the ball and not looking down the rush..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Actually, statistics have showed that the amount you run has no impact on the success of play-action (which I would also like to see increase, as well as pre-snap motion).
The statistics though are based off the fact teams still do run on early downs and defenses are reactive to that fact. Once defenses are aware you don't run on early downs they will adjust to that fact. Now once they do, the offensive coordinator needs to react to that and start running again.

conner01

Reaction score
I love motion
Make the defense have to think and move
Creates confusion and easy completion

817Gill

Reaction score
Also didn’t mention it in the OP but Keanu Neal #42 has definitely put on some weight. He looks a lot more like the guy who’s supposed to man that LB/S hybrid role.

He’s a missile going downfield in the run game (ATL had the 7th best rush defense in 2020, Neal had 100 combined tackles/76 solo). With them not forcing him to play deep or out-of-the-box often, the coverage he’ll be asked to do as a WLB should completely minimize the type of stuff that got him beat at S.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
The statistics though are based off the fact teams still do run on early downs and defenses are reactive to that fact. Once defenses are aware you don't run on early downs they will adjust to that fact. Now once they do, the offensive coordinator needs to react to that and start running again.

If a team never ran on ealry downs or reduced in a really dramatic fashion (like sub 10% or something), yes it could potentially affect the success rate of PA.

But a team would not likely reduce the running downs to the threshold that it would make a difference.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

All you have to do is watch the Rams to see this. They run play action almost every passing play regardless of how often they run. They frequently run PA on the first play if drives.