Dallas Cowboys Stadium Art!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
xpistofer;2885043 said:
blech.

why not murals of great cowboy moments and players???

(in my best Jim Mora voice) Flowers??? Flowers???? Flowers???????

Agree.

Like Galloway always says, Jerry was building a monument to himself. Guess he was trying to make it classier or something... Just looks cheesy to me.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
xpistofer;2885043 said:
blech.

why not murals of great cowboy moments and players???

(in my best Jim Mora voice) Flowers??? Flowers???? Flowers???????

Have you seen the other pictures of the inside of the stadium? There's tons of Cowboys photos and stuff all over the walls in that place. It doesn't hurt to have some non-football related art in there.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2884987 said:
For the click impaired...

Dallas Cowboys Stadium Art

Are you ready for some modern art?

Somehow, we can't picture Hank Williams Jr. kicking off a Monday Night Football game with those words, but that's exactly what Dallas Cowboys fans will be greeted with this season.

The Dallas Cowboys Art Program is commissioning 14 pieces to start. The art will be installed in high-visibility positions all over the stadium (Maybe not on the 50-yard-line, but high visibility nonetheless.)

Jones' wife Gene said the program emulated the ancient Greek and Roman art-festooned stadiums.

Take a look at the following photos of art that will be gracing Cowboys Stadium, and see what you think.

Is his wife's name really spelled 'Gene'? Would explain the art..............

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I don't like it. The art should be football related or Cowboys related. This is a football stadium not an art museum.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
DallasCowboysRule!;2885089 said:
I don't like it. The art should be football related or Cowboys related. This is a football stadium not an art museum.

no it's a multi purpose stadium.. there will be alot more events other than football games every year...

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
DallasCowboysRule!;2885089 said:

It has a high end hotel feel to it, and with plans to have 1 event every 4 days, it's going to end up being much more than just a football stadium. It's now an event center, like it or hate it. That being said, I would much rather see it as all Cowboys all the time, but my last name isn't Jones.

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea to fill in the dead space; which there is a lot of. I hope this program is rotational. Every year should bring a new set of pieces.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
BaybeeJay;2885123 said:
I think this is a great idea to fill in the dead space; which there is a lot of. I hope this program is rotational. Every year should bring a new set of pieces.

From what I saw, they're painted right on the wall, ala the Cistine Chapel. So you don't just remove them, you have to paint over them.

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
CowboyDan;2885145 said:
From what I saw, they're painted right on the wall, ala the Cistine Chapel. So you don't just remove them, you have to paint over them.

Well, let's hope they don't look hackneyed in twenty years ;)

Btw, Cowboys-inspired art looks tacky and lame.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
BaybeeJay;2885150 said:
Well, let's hope they don't look hackneyed in twenty years ;)

Btw, Cowboys-inspired art looks tacky and lame.

...but cowboys cheerleader-inspired art looks timeless and sexy.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
better put up Cowboys Legends logos and other Cowboys related things instead of Art...It's tacky IMO.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Football fans and art. Not surprising the two don't mix.

I like it. If it were just a giant mural of a player, my eyes would just glance over it and I wouldn't notice. But with this, I'll certainly stop, look and think, "Hey that's kinda neat."

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
theogt;2885191 said:
Football fans and art. Not surprising the two don't mix.

I like it. If it were just a giant mural of a player, my eyes would just glance over it and I wouldn't notice. But with this, I'll certainly stop, look and think, "Hey that's kinda neat."

Exactly. There's plenty of football-related decorations in that place. Give us something interesting to the eye that isn't football-related as well.

Windmill

Benched
Reaction score
I could understand dedicating a room to show art in but.. this ... this is just picking an empty wall next to the bathroom stall and painting a giant flower and a ball (what is that? a meatball or something?) next to it. It doesn't really fit in context to what the stadium is meant for. Why flowers? why?

If anyone's ever been to the House of Blues in Dallas they have some really nifty art that fits well with the place. I agree that it has to be one of Jerry's relatives or somebody he owes a foavor to.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dallas%20Cowboy%20Stadium%20Art%202.JPG

The one on the right looks kind of like the Zone logo in that shot.

calico

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2885004 said:
I like art and all. But to me it all looks out of place. I don’t get the thinking behind it.

my thoughts exactly. this is a football stadium for crying out loud.