Dallas Cowboys TV ratings plummet in blowout loss

tm1119

Reaction score
Still cracks me up that people refuse to accept how easy it is to stream an nfl game at this point. Cable cutting is getting more and more popular and the nfl (along with most other tv based businesses) are seriously falling behind. It’s not quite to the extreme YET, but what we are seeing is similar to the music industry and Napster.

So yeah, I think maybe 5-10% of it has to do with the Cowboys, Zeke, protests or whatever else. The dip in ratings is definitely going to be the new norm tho

Swanny

Reaction score
The league brought this on themselves.
I love the part about how the ratings decline may not have happened if Zeke played and the game was closer. You can’t blame this on the Anthem Protest.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-TV-ratings-plummet-in-blowout-loss-110801823

The Dallas Cowboys are typically the NFL's main ratings draw, but in the wake of yet another blowout loss with practically half of their roster sitting out (some of which is by the NFL's own design), their TV ratings are beginning to take a serious tumble.

According to Barry Horn of The Dallas Morning News, the Cowboys drew a 30.0 rating in the Dallas-Fort Worth area on Sunday. In a normal game, this would be an excellent rating, but by Sunday Night Football standards for the Cowboys, it is miserable. It is the fourth lowest rating the Cowboys have drawn on NBC's Sunday Night Football, and as a point of comparison, their Week 1 tilt with the New York Giants in that primetime slot drew a rating of 36.5.

The game still did well nationally, beating every other Sunday Night Football Game this season except for the Cowboys-Giants opener with a 13.5 rating, but losing such a large number of viewers in Dallas for a marquee game is hardly ideal for a league that is suffering through a ratings crisis as it is.

The Cowboys also lost viewers a week ago against the Atlanta Falcons, another blowout. That game got a rating of 27.4 in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, with all four of their other games played in that 4:25 PM time slot drawing a rating better than the 30.0 the Cowboys got against the Eagles.

Perhaps if Ezekiel Elliott had been able to play, the Cowboys would have kept the game closer and more fans would have watched. That was the NFL's decision, and now they are forced to suffer the consequences of it. It's hard to blame national anthem protests for declining ratings in this one.
Awesome I hope ratings continue to fall. Get Goodell out of town

Shinaoi

Reaction score
It’s only going to get worse when a lot of different teams fan feel they are out of the playoff hunt.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Still cracks me up that people refuse to accept how easy it is to stream an nfl game at this point. Cable cutting is getting more and more popular and the nfl (along with most other tv based businesses) are seriously falling behind. It’s not quite to the extreme YET, but what we are seeing is similar to the music industry and Napster.

So yeah, I think maybe 5-10% of it has to do with the Cowboys, Zeke, protests or whatever else. The dip in ratings is definitely going to be the new norm tho

Reddit

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Tell you what, the wind in my sails this season is gone. I've never really felt this way before. I've been watching YEARS of mediocre Cowboys team, but, I STILL followed and supported them to the end. This year? Good riddance. The NFL isn't getting much from me the rest of the year.