Twitter: Dallas Cowboys Tweets 10/16

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I wonder how they massage the roster when Gregory comes back on the roster? Do they say goodbye to Armstrong?

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I highly doubt Armstrong gets cut though. Don't want to lose him. Maybe they can move him to the practice squad and protect him.

Plenty of others I would cut before him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I was thinking about that. I highly doubt Armstrong gets cut though. Don't want to lose him. Maybe they can move him to the practice squad and protect him.

Plenty of others I would cut before him.

Who were you thinking?

And what have you seen from Armstrong that would stop you from cutting him? I'm curious.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm very interested in seeing what the offense looks like under Dalton. It seemed to me like the playcalling was trying to make things more balanced, but because the defense has been so bad, games were quickly getting away from us, and they had to switch to an up-tempo, pass-heavy offense to try to come back. I don't see the defense suddenly improving and changing things, so I'm very curious to see how things go from here on out.

MiddleStar

Reaction score
Who were you thinking?

And what have you seen from Armstrong that would stop you from cutting him? I'm curious.

By my count we don't have a full roster. Even with Gilbert on the roster and Hill and Prescot we are at 52.
Prescot to the IR is replaced by LVE
Hill to the IR is replaced by Erving (hopefully)
53rd slot is for Gregory

That leaves Lee, Awuzie, Looney, and Bryant on the IR to be replaced.
Awuzie probably bumps S. Smith off.
Bryant probably bumps Turner
Lee and Looney are the question marks. Maybe R. Smith or Bernard for Lee

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
By my count we don't have a full roster. Even with Gilbert on the roster and Hill and Prescot we are at 52.
Prescot to the IR is replaced by LVE
Hill to the IR is replaced by Erving (hopefully)
53rd slot is for Gregory

That leaves Lee, Awuzie, Looney, and Bryant on the IR to be replaced.
Awuzie probably bumps S. Smith off.
Bryant probably bumps Turner
Lee and Looney are the question marks. Maybe R. Smith or Bernard for Lee

The way this season is going we'll have more guys going on IR to open spots for guys returning.