Twitter: Dallas Cowboys Tweets 10/16

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By my count we don't have a full roster. Even with Gilbert on the roster and Hill and Prescot we are at 52.
Prescot to the IR is replaced by LVE
Hill to the IR is replaced by Erving (hopefully)
53rd slot is for Gregory

That leaves Lee, Awuzie, Looney, and Bryant on the IR to be replaced.
Awuzie probably bumps S. Smith off.
Bryant probably bumps Turner
Lee and Looney are the question marks. Maybe R. Smith or Bernard for Lee

You may be right. Looks like there are more options than I thought.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm very interested in seeing what the offense looks like under Dalton. It seemed to me like the playcalling was trying to make things more balanced, but because the defense has been so bad, games were quickly getting away from us, and they had to switch to an up-tempo, pass-heavy offense to try to come back. I don't see the defense suddenly improving and changing things, so I'm very curious to see how things go from here on out.

Turnovers and dumb mistakes early. Stop that and I think we can settle into a more conventional, run and play action style of offense that could help Dalton.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Who were you thinking?

And what have you seen from Armstrong that would stop you from cutting him? I'm curious.

Hill goes to IR so that opens up a spot. I would rather go with QB Savion Smith or CB Parker.
I have always thought Armstrong was decent and we need the depth more at DL than CB right now assuming Awuzie is back soon.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
It just seems like we have so much talent at DL this year, despite Poe being a bum, you’d think we be a top 10 unit. Embarrassing for Nolan

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Who were you thinking?

And what have you seen from Armstrong that would stop you from cutting him? I'm curious.

Griffen, ASmith, Crawford gone next year. Should keep Armstrong for DE depth. He's not horrible, and is currently the guy backing up Smith at DPR on the roster.

We've got a lot of marginal CBs and LBs promoted to the roster because of injuries. They're better candidates for cutting than Armstrong. Many will go soon anyway with LVE, Lee, and Awuzie coming back.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
All the talent is at the ends. The middle is softer than watery oatmeal.

I could have hope for the team winning a playoff game, or two, but for the thorough mediocrity of the DTs. The LBs, CBs, and DEs are getting help which legitimately should improve the defense. But no help is coming at DT.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I could have hope for the team winning a playoff game, or two, but for the thorough mediocrity of the DTs. The LBs, CBs, and DEs are getting help which legitimately should improve the defense. But no help is coming at DT.
It'll be the same old story of some playoff team running all over this D and the QB gets the blame.
I'm already ready already.