Twitter: Dallas Cowboys twitter takes shot at Dak

nobody

Reaction score
Yes, Dak lost the game. He sucked. He choked. But for the official sources to call him out? The only reason I can imagine them doing that with Jerry's blessing is to get Dak himself to request a trade since he has a no trade clause. They're stuck with him unless he himself wants to leave.

J_Allen

Reaction score
The case for it being up is that it’s really not a bad tweet. It’s the truth, there were self inflicted wounds. The quarterback has said as much. The reality is the fan base is overreacting because dak has been babied like other former cowboys have and this is slight criticism for the first time ever.

Your case is dismissed. 50/50 chance jerry has even seen it.
Okay well I'm filing an appeal. Nothing gets posted on Twitter without Jerry's prior approval, whether direct or indirect.

J_Allen

Reaction score
no I dont think so, this is all on the jones boys.
They could have let him walk, but they thought he was good enough to pay the big money to him.
Go back and watch the press conference where jerry praised dak and was happy and confident it was a wise decision.

Coaching is also a problem with cowboys, they expect too much out of dak, instead of just letting him do what he does well.
Dallas did not run enough in this last game, all the teams that lost did not run enough.
The game plan was not to run heavy pass a little , but pass alot and run a little, and that is not how to win with dak and this current team.
100% agree. If we get a better offensive coordinator who gameplans to Dak's strengths, which aren't many, we win that game.

These curl routes should have been scrapped a long time ago. Just like Moore.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Yall know that the Jones family uses their media to manipulate the fans. That's all that tweet is. Remember they just used the media to get yall to turn on Amari Cooper. This was just the beginning to get the media and fans to turn on Dak. Again, that tweet was facts. He was terrible in that game. What other NFL team does this? NONE! The media and the fans are about to get SUCKED. This entire season was not what they had in mind in terms of success. They never thought they'd win 12 games again.

Shane612

Reaction score
It's a report about what happened in the game. Not a shot. What would the reaction be if they said "Despite a strong and gutsy performance by Dak the Cowboys fell short"?

Everyone would be laughing at the denial and delusion. It works both ways.
It's how it's worded.
"Gave away the ball..."
Makes it sound like his two interceptions were so bad that it seemed like he meant to give it away....:muttley:

nobody

Reaction score
100% agree. If we get a better offensive coordinator who gameplans to Dak's strengths, which aren't many, we win that game.

These curl routes should have been scrapped a long time ago. Just like Moore.
If Dak hadn't thrown two gifted interceptions with incredible bad field perception and bad throws, we'd have won with the game plan we had. There's only so much an OC can plan for. A QB not doing his job? Who can actually game plan for that?

Not that I'm a fan of Moore. I don't want to keep him, but this was all on Dak.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If Dak hadn't thrown two gifted interceptions with incredible bad field perception and bad throws, we'd have won with the game plan we had. There's only so much an OC can plan for. A QB not doing his job? Who can actually game plan for that?

Not that I'm a fan of Moore. I don't want to keep him, but this was all on Dak.
100%

It’s such lazy analysis by fans to blame the coordinator when a play fails.

Players have to execute the plays. Moore is not responsible for the way a route is run or some poor decision Dak makes or throws.

Two things are equally true: Moore as an OC is stale and Dak as a QB is limited.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak threw shade at Cooper Rush when the guy was WINNING. And pitched a fit on the sidelines when Maher was having the yips.

So cry me a river that Dak is taking heat now.
Exactly. That's our leader who is supposed to be the greatest leader ever and he's throwing shade at Rush and cursing at Maher. I think his "leadership" is BS propaganda to sell us on him from Jerry.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I listened to the Break the other day. Derek Eagleton seemed very upset with the way Dak played. I think he runs DallasCowboys.com so I would not be surprised if he was behind the tweet.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Bush league move, you praise in public, criticize in private.

I’m sure potential FA’s are taking notice how the organization treats it’s highest profile player.
I'm sure they are.
He's paid elite money for the trash he brought to SF

why wouldn't they want to come to a place where the pay is high and the accountability is zilch?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Okay well I'm filing an appeal. Nothing gets posted on Twitter without Jerry's prior approval, whether direct or indirect.
Jerry runs rent free in your head. He does not have this stranglehold over everything like many think anymore.

sideon

Reaction score
Yes I agree this isn't normal. the fact that it hasn't been taken down yet is even more surprising. I'm actually glad some heat is being put on Dak but I also wish the offical website would show a picture of Diggs purposefully whiffing on Kittle with a caption, "not everyone played as hard as they could have".

I feel Jerry letting this tweet go undeleted is putting Dak on blast. I don't feel it's the best way to handle things and a little inappropriate. The best way to put Dak on blast is to bring in a young QB to compete with him. I'm against public shaming and now that I've had time to think about it I don't like the tweet much. But if you're going to put Dak on blast for his poor play in a public manner then you have to do the same for Diggs. Believe me I am no fan of Dak right now, he played like "diddly poo" but at least he tried hard. His mistakes weren't due to lack of effort. Diggs didn't try hard and that pisses me off. Diggs should be the one put on blast IMO. Diggs effort was pitiful. We, fans and media, want to blame the QB for everything but Diggs' 2 to 3 plays of poor effort and execution was just as bad as Dak's play. JMO and ranting about my disappointment in Diggs. Again not a Dak fan but he sucked but not because of lack of effort. Diggs sucked because of lack of effort. Can't win in the playoffs with lack of effort.

When you can say that Kelvin Joseph tried harder and made more plays than Diggs in the most important game of the year, we have a problem. That's a bad indictment of Diggs right there. Okay, rant over.
Outside of being unprofessional, I also don't like how they use players as scapegoats. It's been 27yrs since the Cowboys made a NFCCG and there's only one man who has been here that long.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He was willing to take that chance to get that deal. If he thought the expectations of the team and fans didn't go up with that contract, he was badly mistaken.
Exactly.

When you ask for Mahhomes money, you dam well better play like Mahhomes and if you dont, people are going to get pissed.

Getting paid Mahhomes money and getting outplayed by Mr. Irrelevant on the same field...............well, that was like pouring gasoline on the fire.