Dallas Creating Shock-waves for themselves

SSoup

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we shove Tyron Smith out a trapdoor before long. He's approaching 30 and it's already been 4 or 5 years since he played all 16 games. Dude came into the league at a very young age so he's already got a lot of miles on him, and it's not a great sign that he started regularly missing time even when he was still in his mid-20's. He misses about a month worth of games every season for the last 4 years (and that's on top of the handful of games where he plays through the pain but he's clearly hobbled). Do we expect that issue to get worse as he gets older or are we thinking it'll magically improve?

I don't know if we'd draft a new left tackle or if we'd get cute and try to slide Collins or Martin out to left tackle to see if they're up to the task and to attempt to get more bang for the bucks we pay them. But if we make the o-line cheaper, that would be a start to making things more feasible. But we really need to have a replacement lined up so the transition is smooth.

Hopefully we built a good trapdoor into the Zeke extension to get out from under it before long without crushing dead money. That would help too.

Hopefully we don't talk ourselves into giving LVE a huge extension -- both because of his grave neck concerns, but also because 4-3 LB just isn't the position we need to be pouring huge resources into, not while our d-line and secondary are bad.

basel90

Reaction score
Seems Jerry enjoys the attention and drama he gets with huge signing deals of star players who are actually overrated players , but happen to become stars due to the dallas star on their helmet . Cannot believe some of the money paid to underachieving , undisciplined players ( Dlaw , Zeke , and soon Dak and others ) This is a Hollywood -like team with a decade long soft coaching , front office micro management , dual management issues all over . Very similar to the Raiders under Davis . No attention or money focused on Defense . No super bowl team has less than 40+ sacks . The cowboys are simply not there . I am hoping Stephen takes more control and restores sanity at a certain stage . The city and fans deserve a championship ASAP.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I'm not going to complain at all about DAK's contract, whatever it turns out to be. QB's are always paid more than they are worth when they are the team's franchise starter and future plan.
I disagree!

Hadenough

Reaction score
It's a solid roster of core players.

With a new coaching staff, it would be easy to blow it all up and start over. Play the 2020 season for a high draft pick. I don't think we want that, though, do we?
This team is struggling with trying to beat teams over .500 yes some of that was the coaching but the majority was Dak unable to put together any consistency. Some blame goes on the players too. Suddenly now everyone wants to be paid like they are the best at their position. It might not be a bad idea to blow this team up starting with Dak.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Seems Jerry enjoys the attention and drama he gets with huge signing deals of star players who are actually overrated players , but happen to become stars due to the dallas star on their helmet . Cannot believe some of the money paid to underachieving , undisciplined players ( Dlaw , Zeke , and soon Dak and others ) This is a Hollywood -like team with a decade long soft coaching , front office micro management , dual management issues all over . Very similar to the Raiders under Davis . No attention or money focused on Defense . No super bowl team has less than 40+ sacks . The cowboys are simply not there . I am hoping Stephen takes more control and restores sanity at a certain stage . The city and fans deserve a championship ASAP.
I remember Gronkowski talking about the NE vs Cowboys game and stating that Belichick has that team practicing outside in bad weather all the time. They also all run hills after every practice. Then he kinda chuckles and says if Dallas gets a little rain they move practice into the bubble.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This team is struggling with trying to beat teams over .500 yes some of that was the coaching but the majority was Dak unable to put together any consistency. Some blame goes on the players too. Suddenly now everyone wants to be paid like they are the best at their position. It might not be a bad idea to blow this team up starting with Dak.
When is the last time the team didn't struggle to beat teams over .500?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I get that but it's no even struggle anymore. They are losing to most teams .500 teams
That's been an issue too. I was just looking at info yesterday about Romo when someone claimed he was outstanding in December. Found out were were 5-10 against teams with winning records and 2-4 against .500 teams. It's been a struggle for awhile.

snapper

Reaction score

I'm not opposed to this. I don't like the player leadership mentality on this team, but that mentality originated and was nurtured under the old coach. It's possible the new coach can actually elevate the level of play from this underperforming group.

Hadenough

Reaction score
That's been an issue too. I was just looking at info yesterday about Romo when someone claimed he was outstanding in December. Found out were were 5-10 against teams with winning records and 2-4 against .500 teams. It's been a struggle for awhile.
Yes even with Romo. But just like with Dak the team has no pedigree at the QB. As good as Romo was at QB he still made too many mistakes. This team hasnt even tried drafting a QB in the first round.