Dallas didn't draft no dummies...

dogberry

Reaction score
Philo has 17 personalities, only 2 have been identified. They're out there.

Hoov

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1482040 said:
Real estate?
Yes. Started a partnership with a friend who had similar goals, we opened our own LLC last year. He handles all the accounting and landlors-tennant relations and i handle the construction end, building repai and maintenance.

The LLC allows us to open business line of credit to increase our buying power. we are getting properties near a university in philly, the neighborhood was not so good for a long time but now is booming, but you can still get properties cheap enough to make a lot of money on rent.

I've been working with a realtor/investor who i met through a friend and he is flipping 5 bedroom houses every month, and we are buying them from him at market value, he pays all our closing costs in return and we have a mortgage broker getting us in with almost no money down. so we just keep putting them under contract without using our cash reserves, the 5-6 bedroom houses bring a great cash flow.

In a year im hoping to quit my job and have a construction crew under me so i can run my own fix and flips.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Hoov;1482090 said:
Yes. Started a partnership with a friend who had similar goals, we opened our own LLC last year. He handles all the accounting and landlors-tennant relations and i handle the construction end, building repai and maintenance.

The LLC allows us to open business line of credit to increase our buying power. we are getting properties near a university in philly, the neighborhood was not so good for a long time but now is booming, but you can still get properties cheap enough to make a lot of money on rent.

I've been working with a realtor/investor who i met through a friend and he is flipping 5 bedroom houses every month, and we are buying them from him at market value, he pays all our closing costs in return and we have a mortgage broker getting us in with almost no money down. so we just keep putting them under contract without using our cash reserves, the 5-6 bedroom houses bring a great cash flow.

In a year im hoping to quit my job and have a construction crew under me so i can run my own fix and flips.
Dangerous, albeit potentially rewarding, game you're playing.

Hoov

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1482120 said:
Dangerous, albeit potentially rewarding, game you're playing.
No risk, no reward right ? actually there was a ban on the university that prevented them from expanding for 20 years, last year the ban was lifted and as the university started to expand and clean up the area, a lot of investors started buying in there so im kind of just following the leads of some bigtime investors. so i dont think the risk is so high.

Still, being a few blocks from a major university, the houses rent so fast and easy that you dont really have vacancies. advertised for one day and had the last one rented the day after we closed on the house. 2 weeks later and people are still calling asking if we have anymore available.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
fortdick;1481703 said:
Marten sounds like he put in some effort. With Finance and marketing he can be a real estate agent.

Ethinic Studies???? What the heck is that? Is it learning the difference
between Korean and Chinese? He can be a tour guide at Disney World.

Free took metal shop for four years

Folk is salesman.

Brown can take out his surverying equipment and make sure the field is exactly 100 yards.

These guys aren't freaking rocket scientists!

If you think you covered the complete perimeters of their disciplines with your remarks then you have never earned an undergraduate degree.