Video: Dallas draft plans?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
so we want to spend another high draft pick on offense, and not invest in defense!!! OOOOKKKK, how has that worked out so far for you...

defense wins championships. offense gets you to the playoffs.....

Carson

Reaction score
so we want to spend another high draft pick on offense, and not invest in defense!!! OOOOKKKK, how has that worked out so far for you...

defense wins championships. offense gets you to the playoffs.....

This would be the year honestly. We have a ton of comp picks and will be picking high in every round. The other 8 picks can go defense

conner01

Reaction score
I’d love to have Lawrence but I don’t think Jerry is interested right now. If we somehow get the #1 pick he may change his mind.
Exactly
Jerry is not gutting 2-3 drafts to get a QB, but if Lawrence is actually available he will take him
And while that’s so obvious there is nothing gained by stating the obvious publicly

phildadon86

Reaction score
Let’s get em............sadly 25% here will detest him because of those gold locks
LOL. You are the last person to accuse anyone of disliking someone due to anything but their game. I could say a few things but I would get benched. You are a hypocrite.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
...if Lawrence is actually available he will take him
And while that’s so obvious there is nothing gained by stating the obvious publicly

Yeah, because you know what Jerry is thinking. :muttley:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't comment because a certain person on here will rag on me about it. :lmao2:

But I will anyway. :muttley:
There are 3 QB's in Lawrence, Fields and Trask Get a top 3 pick and some business decision will need t be made.
Save $35 million plus, get a franchise QB at a lower cost. Or pay the man Dak, and trade down to get a load of future draft picks, and go defense and OL possibly.

I know what the FO says. But that means little right now as to what is there come FA / Tag / Sign time.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah, because you know what Jerry is thinking. :muttley:
Jerry is not stupid as some here think
A QB locked up reasonably cheap for 5 years
Jerry I hope would trade up but if we did get the first pick lawrence will be the pick
Jerry always talks about the draft yet we rarely do what he says months before the draft
Till you are on the board you can’t make a decision
But if Lawrence is on the board when we pick he will be the pick
And it’s not just Jerry
Half the league would do the same thing including teams who’ve recently drafted a QB

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
0% chance we get Trevor. It would be a kings ransom to move up

Exactly.

There's no way the Cowboys end up with a top 3 pick. Folks are just dreaming. They will win another game or 2 at a minimum. The cost to move up from even the 5th spot in the first round would be prohibitive.

They've got bigger needs anyway. The defense is a disaster, and now the offensive line is crumbling.

John813

Reaction score
LOL. Talk about an unrealistic draftee for here.

Jets with Gase won't give up the 1st overall.

If someone wants a new QB here look at Fields, Lance or Trask.

Players that have a more realistic chance at being available at our potential pick.