Video: Dallas draft plans?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
An off the ball LB would be awful in the top 5. So would CB for that matter. Trade down and stockpile picks to get one or two starters and shore up depth.

I'm thinking of someone to replace Sean Lee. He's due to be cut in the offseason. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down if we could get a couple or more of needed players in the exchange.

BillyTessenair

Reaction score
I think Dak gets tagged again. Won't need draft a qb. Use our first pick either on the OL or a DB. I like Surtain. I think he's legit. If the OL isn't fixed it's not gonna matter who the qb is.

BillyTessenair

Reaction score
I think Dak gets tagged again. Won't need draft a qb. Use our first pick either on the OL or a DB. I like Surtain. I think he's legit. If the OL isn't fixed it's not gonna matter who the qb is.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Lawrence is a guy who can take a mediocre team into the playoffs, like Manning. Of course you take him if he’s there.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He absolutely gets tagged again.

There is absolutely zero question the Joneses will not allow him to get exposed.

That means less money to spread around to re-sign our own.

So you trade down, get volume in terms of depth.

Of course, don't expect the trade downs to be maximized.

Everyone knows how simple our front office is. Couple that with known cap issues (the imaginary ones in Stephen's head), we won't get value for the trade downs.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

IF he plays on a 2nd tag, consider his days as Cowboys QB numbered..............once the 2nd tag deadline passes for them to do a long-term deal, we lose ALL leverage, as in gone. Coz every Tom. Dick and Harry know we will NOT tag him a 3rd time at approx $55M.