Dallas ends the season tied for 16th in sacks

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same here. I figured w tank and Gregory/taco/ Crawford we would get significantly better at sacking and pressuring the qb
It's easy to overlook Tank's torn labrum as a factor. Not an injury without its effect. Very painful and decreases power.
Other team's Olines worked even harder to stop Dallas once it was apparent they are for real.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Lawrence might not have had the sack numbers in the second half but he was still very effective and the focus of other teams. The failure to get more has more to do with Gregory taking a while to get going and the loss of Irving for basically the entire year. I pretty much think everyone could have easily had a couple more. I'd like to think a little more blitzing would have been very effective. Brown has shown an ability to get home when sent off the corner but they really didn't do it that much. The interior line doesn't get much pressure which has to get better moving forward. Was very surprised that we didn't get some pass rush juice out of Dorrance Armstrong in a limited role.

I think moving forward, Lawrence is going to be a perennial 10-15 sack guy a year. If we can get Gregory up to double digits and get a full year from Maliek Collins I think we will have a better base to build on. We need growth from Armstrong and continued contributions from Crawford. I would like to think some other LBs and CBs can get involved.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Seems like they got consistent pressure this year. I think in order to get better its going to have to come from Gregory and to a lesser extent Taco. Not having Irving paid a big part in that. He's usually the one who benefited from Lawrence's dominance. Probably our 2nd best pass rusher too.